Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
He should be easy to off load. His regular season numbers might fool somebody. Don't even need much for him because he can be replaced by Greb next year. Get a pick or 2 or a depth player who can help the PK for much cheaper.

$2M in capspace has a price in the NHL.

Maybe a 6th-7th rounder or another player making the same that may fit your team versus theirs?

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Samsonov swept a clean 4-0 by Swayman
Woll beat Swayman 2-0

Samsonov allows a weak goal to let it get to OT, then he forgets he has a stick to stop the puck from going cross crease

I missed the one on one cage matches.. darn

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Good.

They were not going anywhere in the playoffs anyways, they were too beat up.

Woll needs to be tougher than tissue paper but he's your starter next year. I'm excited for some serious changes.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
ookay. i'll bite.

Firing Shanahan does what. exactly? (i'm not defending him. i'm just curious).

then if you fire Shanahan, do you expect new president to fire Pridham/Treliving, because he'd want his own front staff/people right? so who do you higher as a GM etc. who is available?

and we want Keefe gone.but if we go w/Shanahan we might not get a good coach that's available until we get the presidency/gm situation going on because again we don't want to do this backwards.

so it goes back to. why fire Shanahan if Shanahan is legit just the guy who asks for the money from the board? do you believe he's actually the one running the team? did he tell Treliving not do make certain moves? again not being factious i'm dead serious.

I feel like i say this every year. it's not so much of "fire them." that's the easy part. who are you replacing them with.
the Dubas supporters want Shanny fired because he kicked there boy to the curb like a piece of garbage

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I guess for my last post tonight, you have to marvel on how catastrophically bad this team is constructed.

You have so much money invested on 4 forwards that you can hardly fill out the rest of the roster, and those 4 forwards are almost always below expectations when the games matter most. So what is the path to victory here next season? Well, there is none unless a Marner trade works out spectacularly (it won't) and/or we find a godlike goaltending solution on the cheap (we won't). However, if they move on from Tavares and Marner, they have the room to add depth and playoff-time compete which is so desperately needed after next year. Next year is going to suck. After that, we could have a new beginning of sorts.

The core, this management team, this whole structure, has failed. Period. Not disputable, if you disagree you are objectively wrong. The facts tell the story. I'd move on from all of them but you can't do that in one or even two offseasons. Start with Tavares and Marner and go from there. No asset over the age of 25, anywhere, from players to coaches to front office, should be untouchable anymore. I'm done. I'm done and I'm not alone.

Bless you all. I used to post on this forum, and even was a mod for a period, before I left over 15 years ago and eventually came back. Even though most of you are new to me, I've been welcomed here. You are the best fanbase in hockey and to he'll with anyone that thinks otherwise.

GLG.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
How far this team is is also just so daunting to think about. This was a two week series that took so much out of them. They've got to win 16 games to win the Cup and they average 3 every postseason. This team is so far from being a true contender it isn't even funny.
1 playoff win in the last 20 years

a lot of other teams would be re-located after that kind of laughter

but not in Toronto no, losing is the new winning here

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Just got home.

Jumped out of my seat when Nylander scored only to watch that shit show unfold afterwards. Got chirped the entire way back on the train. Horrible experience.

f*** this team. I’ve had enough of their games where they give you hope. BLOW IT THE f*** UP.

Step 1. Fire Shanahan, Keefe and even Treliving why not.

Step 2. Trade that useless sack of shit Marner and try to somehow unload Tavares.

Step 3. Tell Samsonov to go f*** himself.

I f***ing hate this team and the fact I’m a fan of this turd. So goddamn mad rn

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
1 playoff win in the last 20 years

a lot of other teams would be re-located after that kind of laughter

but not in Toronto no, losing is the new winning here
You get they don't move teams based on results, right?

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
honestly its for the best, our defense was great but cant win with those special teams and with 3 of your "best" players absolutely mailing it in. if im the leafs im shopping marner/JT/rielly.

im not even mad at this team anymore, im just dissapointed.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm trying to figure this out, but can't seem to wrap this around my brain. Back to bed time. Take it easy everyone, be well. Give your kid a hug, smile at a stranger, say hello to your neighbour. Tomorrow is another day. Next year we'll see what the changes bring, it'll be different for sure. Until then, sawadii krub 🙏

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think that’s Treliving’s vision. He brought in three tough and physical dmen as were Domi and Bertuzzi. Dewar too played hard.

The idea was right but the execution wasn’t great. Zadorov over Edmundson probably gives us an extra goal or two and more physicality which is enough to tilt a close game. That one glorious set up that Nylander fed Edmundson that he flubbed on comes to mind. Lub being our best offensive D is a problem. They don’t need to be Makar out there but they need to get quality shots on net when presented with the opportunity, or at least shots that will cripple whoever gets in front of them.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I’m numb to this and have been for years. One anomaly last year that only led to a beat down at the hands of a real playoff team. Otherwise rinse and repeat. Wouldn’t surprise me if the last few games saved some management/coaching jobs for another year and we’re right back here again a year from now.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
All of Bostons surges came off Liljegren soft plays. Run the tape back if you don't believe me. Lil may be off the ice after but he gives the flow back to Boston all the time.

How can he not even pin JVR. JVR casual stroll to the front of the net after Lil tries to pin him on the boards and falls to the ground like a weakling.
Yeah that was a bad play for Liljegren, but for the whole series I thought he played pretty decent. Nothing great, but nothing horribly bad either and he made few if any huge mistakes like some were worried he might. I would re-sign him and see what he could do under a different coach because Keefe has always screwed him in his development and usage.

He's a right handed, right side Dman and the Leafs are short on those. I don't think its going to cost too much to get him signed for another 2-4 years and lets see if he can consistently be the Dman that we saw a couple of seasons ago when Rielly and a couple of other regulars were injured and he had to step up to fill the void and he looked good doing it. Really don't see the need to trade him right now.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Just got home.

Jumped out of my seat when Nylander scored only to watch that shit show unfold afterwards. Got chirped the entire way back on the train. Horrible experience.

f*** this team. I’ve had enough of their games where they give you hope. BLOW IT THE f*** UP.

Step 1. Fire Shanahan, Keefe and even Treliving why not.

Step 2. Trade that useless sack of shit Marner and try to somehow unload Tavares.

Step 3. Tell Samsonov to go f*** himself.

I f***ing hate this team and the fact I’m a fan of this turd. So goddamn mad rn
I look at your avatar anytime I ask myself why I'm a fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad