Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Marner was with Pasternak at center ice and then just let him blow to the net. Watch the replay. The goal is 100% on Marner

Both Marner and Rielly were absolute f***ing ASS on that goal

They score 1 goal and expect Hasek like performance in net while taking all the money for themselves

Reactions: Al14 and mogs

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It started with Liewike who knew nothing about hockey hiring Shanahan who had no management experience and he and Dubas thought they were smarter than everyone else and could win with a pond hockey team.

Correct, and it was people like me that were arguing with the Burke fanboys here about the need to draft-rebuild the team...you know...being in the bottom of the league to secure the lottery picks to get the top draft talent...because that's easily the most efficient way to acquire talent in the salary cap era....obviously?

Well they did that finally and then botched it completely by paying them all top-10 salaries all together and then deciding they wanted to play a non-contact style in the playoffs.

Not a conspiracy guy at all but at this point I'm almost thinking that Bettman planted Shanahan here to sabotage the whole thing.

It was going so well until all of a sudden we hired a stick boy as our GM.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You can look at it like they fought through adversity to come back from 3-1...

...or you could conclude this team only performs when the pressure ramps down.
Assigning arbitrary pressure never made sense. When your seasons on the line, there's pressure.

Suggesting otherwise is just a fans excuse to validate their beliefs when the story doesn't go as planned. Shows they've never really dealt with athletic pressure

Reactions: WillNy29

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Jarnkrok is another gift from Dubas.

Another two years at a nice $2M to skate around and watch him wave at sticks.
He should be easy to off load. His regular season numbers might fool somebody. Don't even need much for him because he can be replaced by Greb next year. Get a pick or 2 or a depth player who can help the PK for much cheaper.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I feel like I should be more upset than I am.

This loss brings so much hope for change, that I think it is suppressing my disappointment.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Having no players at or above the PPG mark - and certainly none of the players who played in all seven games - was a BIG problem.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
That’s what happens when you don’t show up until game 5. Instead of a 2-1 series lead, it’s game over.
Game 5, 6 and 7 is the right way to play. Hard, physical, positional. Can they rebuild into that? Playing like that from game 1 and they win.
I think that’s Treliving’s vision. He brought in three tough and physical dmen as were Domi and Bertuzzi. Dewar too played hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad