OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That sucks....hate when stuff breaks like that.

Knock on wood, my 2011 plasma is still kicking. IT's got some dead lights, but still functions really well.
Mine will randomly have a big blue strip vertically down one side, about an inch thick. But it isn't always there.

As long as it doesn't get worse I'll keep this thing around for as long as possible.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Any of you lads play Metaphor and if so, how is it?
Also, if yes: Have you also played P4G (persona 4 golden)?
If yes to both:
How is it compared to P4G? as it is the only persona.... well no scratch.... the furthest I've ever gone in a persona game and thus most familiar.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I won't even call it by its full name, but speaking of Romulus,
what an absolute nothing waste of time of a mess.
Worst part is me being stuck having to watch something I'd have turned off after 20 minutes or not watched at all.
1 hour of teenagers mouthing off in a efff **** ef ef efffff this and that tedium of nonsense painful dialog between people I couldn't have literally cared less to listen to.
20 minutes of an alien, and guess what... for all the talk how 'complete' and 'unstoppable' they get wiped out pretty quickly, and pathetically.
20 minutes (or less) of the coolest baddy, guess what... wiped out by the unstoppable main two characters in the most ridiculous and just plain laugh out loud absurd way possible.
end.

I mean.... wow.... that is what I get for putting myself into a situation where people watch a hollywood produced, bin worthy product.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm one of the last people to use words like "woke" or whatever, but what BioWare is doing to the Dragon Age franchise is exactly what's wrong with the world today. They (the developers/writers) care more about pronouns and making sure every character looks as ugly as possible than they are about making sure the story is great and the game is fun.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
OG The Office is the goat. But the US version is right there with it.

Other versions are just...

giphy.gif

The Australian one is awful. I think if you're going to do a version, change it up and not try to make the same type of characters the same. Carrell and his Scott and Gervais and his Brent worked for that time and era but it needed to change up, maybe make that type of character someone else. I tried to give it 4 episodes but it was just so cringey. Even 3 episodes was giving it too much time. It is really that awful.

I'm one of the last people to use words like "woke" or whatever, but what BioWare is doing to the Dragon Age franchise is exactly what's wrong with the world today. They (the developers/writers) care more about pronouns and making sure every character looks as ugly as possible than they are about making sure the story is great and the game is fun.
There are times when being diverse makes sense and when it really doesn't matter. In a fantasy game, you should probably focus more on the game play, story, and graphics and then if the stuff you want to add like that, organically fits that world, I don't give a shit. But when it's forced, never a fan.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
There are times when being diverse makes sense and when it really doesn't matter. In a fantasy game, you should probably focus more on the game play, story, and graphics and then if the stuff you want to add like that, organically fits that world, I don't give a shit. But when it's forced, never a fan.
That's my issue. It's forced. And it detracts from the actual quality of the rest of the game.

It's one thing to be "inclusive" if it makes sense within the story or if it doesn't hurt the quality of every other feature. It's another when the entire game's story and characters seem to be built around it.

Apparently one of the companions literally introduces themselves to you upon your first meeting as "I identify as non-binary". Because that's such a natural first thing to say to someone you literally just met.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
That's my issue. It's forced. And it detracts from the actual quality of the rest of the game.

It's one thing to be "inclusive" if it makes sense within the story or if it doesn't hurt the quality of every other feature. It's another when the entire game's story and characters seem to be built around it.

Apparently one of the companions literally introduces themselves to you upon your first meeting as "I identify as non-binary". Because that's such a natural first thing to say to someone you literally just met.
Yeah that's just really weird game dialogue to have. And in a fantasy world no less where first off is usually always set in some fantasy version of medieval times. In that time no one was going around saying I'm straight or anything. So the need to even go there is someone at the company trying to force their narrative when it's entirely not needed.

It's like when someone tells you they're vegan or celiac and no one asked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad