OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I watched the newest Matrix movie finally, what the f*** was even the point of that movie? It quite literally serves no purpose to the original movies. Like did the creators feel like they needed to bring it back just to make the new Neo or "The One" female now just to tell Marvel and Lucas "look we can do this too at WB!"

I thought it was always known Trinity was one of the biggest reasons Neo is who he is, but they then went all Leia Skywalker.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Someone told me about this and I saw his statement and was like who does it like that? It looked so weird and came off like some weird team announcement. Then apparently his own kid, also a singer, I guess closed her social media accounts which has to be tough because the world is filled with a lot of assholes that don't understand privacy and that harassing children of famous people is pathetic.

Grohl meanwhile, ouch, what a dumb thing to do and put his family through.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Y9m8Sid.jpeg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Is anyone else’s comment toolbar working? Mine is all greyed out 🤷‍♂️ @Zirakzigil

Can’t add photos/gifs, bold text etc.

they finally banned you from posting memes. no surprise.

join us in discord if you want to be free.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Ok serious question - what the actual f*** is Discord? A bloke asked me to join one and I made a profile and it was f***ing weird. It was for a group for the last Halo that came out.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ok serious question - what the actual f*** is Discord? A bloke asked me to join one and I made a profile and it was f***ing weird. It was for a group for the last Halo that came out.
It’s like group chat server basically. Text and voice, both easy to drop in and out of instead of setting up calls. Works great for online gaming type stuff. Once you’ve joined once you don’t need an invite to come back so you can see friends playing and just jump in. I’ve also used it for fantasy drafts, dnd, etc.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I like to think Dave Grohl told his family like this - "I've got another confession to make, I'm your fool..." and then a little bit of air drumming solo.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

It's sad that there's even more stuff coming out about him. Before this stuff, I can't think of a single person who had anything negative to say about Grohl. The dude was the most universally loved rockstar and seemed like an amazing family man as well.

It's a shame to see. Apparently his wife and daughter idolized him as well, I feel so bad for them and the trauma they'll have from this.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It's sad that there's even more stuff coming out about him. Before this stuff, I can't think of a single person who had anything negative to say about Grohl. The dude was the most universally loved rockstar and seemed like an amazing family man as well.

It's a shame to see. Apparently his wife and daughter idolized him as well, I feel so bad for them and the trauma they'll have from this.
I get a kick out of the walnuts that call it some Taylor curse because I think he called out Swift or something at one of the concert events that they were both a part of? In any case, a lot of weird stuff going around about him.

Like him and some alt model that he supported financially which is curious, some weird jealousy about a Tennis coach that he also went to for tennis lessons, I mean it's a bad look considering he's cheated before on another partner of his so it's not something he's unfamiliar with, but it's curious how quickly the media wants to tear down the nice dad image he had built up for himself as if to say "haha we finally caught you!" which is pretty messed up.

Now Grohl falls under the typical - dirtbag celeb moniker.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
You know what always floors me about Canada, the amount of racism and hate there actually is here. You're made to believe it's this amazing cultural melting pot that is accepting of everyone and while it is for a lot, there's also a massive rise in how many that aren't happy about that being the case anymore. Lately I've noticed this intense rise in South Asian hate, I dug into this a little more, it seems before this the focus was on how the Chinese were taking over the lower mainland and how Richmond was basically China, the signage, the jobs that require you to speak Mandarin or Cantonese when trying to work in Richmond or even parts of Burnaby now, but that seemed to taper off for the new focus of hating South Asians, which I find odd because it's filled with some intense vitriol and more so than the hate Asians were getting by a large margin. I mean every "group" has its bad apples but the way each social media platform is taken over locally by this rampant hate is just astounding.

My wife is on tik tok and all the social media platforms you can post messages on - Instagram, Tik tok, Threads, X, etc. She follows mostly local things because of her work and because she still likes exploring this place. We look at the food places because Vancouver, Surrey, Burnaby have some amazing small local restaurants that rival some of the over hyped Michelin bs restaurants over seas and in the US and occasionally you follow these Vancouver hot spots and news and anytime it's an accident or an incident in Richmond or Surrey, holy shit is it vile.

I also noticed the moderating on those comments is next to non-existent. If you mention certain wars going on for certain countries, you see that content moderated to death, but legitimate hate comments are almost never taken down. I told me wife to report a couple of comments out of curiosity, these were so blatantly over the line comments that it'd get anyone here banned permanently, we took screenshots to see if it was going to get taken down and saved the post for reference. A week went by, got a notification that it didn't violate any rules, so we pulled up the rules, it did violate it and we also learned they use an AI to moderate.

You know, the biased AI towards poc that even Google had a hard time explaining, that Instagram moderators specifically program to look for certain things, which apparently isn't to moderate racist comments towards Asians, South Asians, Black, or Latino's.

I think one of the craziest I saw was this one video my wife showed me on Tik tok of a truck driver that flipped his truck and ran into something, immediately the comments were "this is the new canada with these new Indian immigrants that cheat to get licenses" and the bloke in the truck which you see in the video is caucasian. Some are definitely bots, but some have their literal names and links to their instagram accounts and are mom's and dad's and teenagers, it's just so vile.

It sucks having to follow these accounts, I mean cool we got to find a place called Say Mercy! off of Fraser and King Edward, fantastic Italian cuisine, mediocre Negroni's though, but then we see the comments on an Indian restaurant and it's like wow...grow the f*** up people. My wife and I still get the bs being Black (bi-racial but no one knows until they get to know me and ask) and my wife being Vietnamese but American born, eventually we just become numb and blind towards it after a while, just ignoring the looks or off hand comments, but you'd think at least on social media where there's kids being heavily influenced by the garbage people post, that they'd moderate it better. Don't even get me started about how these OF tossers exploit hashtags, my wife's friend was telling me how her son is 12 and he loves lego so he followed lego hashtags and the parents monitor his account as they're able to on Instagram, well she showed me how these OF peddlers will post thirst traps as being lego fans with a "spicy link" on their page, so kids being kids and curious...it's like you can be careful and idiots will still find a way to affect you because they don't care how they negatively impact others with their behavior.

Maybe the current "political" hate towards people has me angry enough to talk about this without getting into politics but seriously, it's gotten bad everywhere.

/Rant

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I feel like online hate just keeps getting more and more prominent. And then that definitely leaks into "real" life. Not good.
In the last 8+ years or so, it's gotten to this point where it used to be alt accounts that would say things and some hacker bloke would find out who it was and then they'd get in shit for it. Now it's so blatantly out in the open, they aren't even hiding their names anymore which shows how protected they feel to spew this vile hatred on every and any messaging platform. These so many accounts dedicated to outing these losers but you look at the account names and you're like - this job can't be any easier than it is right now with how many use the same username on all platforms or literally their names under the username.

It's like they know they have allies for their hate mongering.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would be happy to see all of social media go up in a burning fire. It's just being used to cause more and more divisiveness, usually being driven by people who are trying to do exactly that.

Look at what has happened to Twitter since Musk bought it. I have an account that literally solely follows hockey insiders, but my "for you" page is gross Elon Musk tweets (like when he said "I'll give you a baby to Taylor Swift") and pro-Trump accounts tweeting pro-Trump things. It is so obvious that the algorithm is just promoting these things because Elon is just pushing what he wants people to see.

There are many factors here, but the non-stop oversaturation of politics on these social media sites is 100% causing the online hate and divisiveness to grow. Beyond that, it's also a haven for piece of shit people (regardless of political views) to congregate and it emboldens them to become even more extreme with their shitiness, and hiding behind anonymous accounts makes it even worse.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I would be happy to see all of social media go up in a burning fire. It's just being used to cause more and more divisiveness, usually being driven by people who are trying to do exactly that.

Look at what has happened to Twitter since Musk bought it. I have an account that literally solely follows hockey insiders, but my "for you" page is gross Elon Musk tweets (like when he said "I'll give you a baby to Taylor Swift") and pro-Trump accounts tweeting pro-Trump things. It is so obvious that the algorithm is just promoting these things because Elon is just pushing what he wants people to see.

There are many factors here, but the non-stop oversaturation of politics on these social media sites is 100% causing the online hate and divisiveness to grow. Beyond that, it's also a haven for piece of shit people (regardless of political views) to congregate and it emboldens them to become even more extreme with their shitiness, and hiding behind anonymous accounts makes it even worse.
I made an X account after I was pissed off about stuff here and I can really just say what I want to say about Sullivan and the Penguins there and stupid shit Yohe and Rossi say as well as other Pens media, that's the only reason I am on that, lol. But that's hockey criticism, not hate mongering. The amount of hate is ridiculous, you'll see hateful wankers latch on to things like diversity tweets by the NHL or other sports and that stuff, the hateful stuff, just exploded 100 fold since Elon Douche bought it.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
In the last 8+ years or so, it's gotten to this point where it used to be alt accounts that would say things and some hacker bloke would find out who it was and then they'd get in shit for it. Now it's so blatantly out in the open, they aren't even hiding their names anymore which shows how protected they feel to spew this vile hatred on every and any messaging platform. These so many accounts dedicated to outing these losers but you look at the account names and you're like - this job can't be any easier than it is right now with how many use the same username on all platforms or literally their names under the username.

It's like they know they have allies for their hate mongering.

Gee I wonder what happened in the last 8 years...

Oh, Emp touched on that.

There's definitely... turds on this message board. Mostly not on HFPens. So we owe our many mods over the many years some thanks. I often don't agree with their decisions that I know of but there's definitely choices made behind the scenes. There's work to be done on HF for sure. Well, everywhere in general.

And I do not regret saying "no" to being a mod. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Gee I wonder what happened in the last 8 years...

Oh, Emp touched on that.

There's definitely... turds on this message board. Mostly not on HFPens. So we owe our many mods over the many years some thanks. I often don't agree with their decisions that I know of but there's definitely choices made behind the scenes. There's work to be done on HF for sure. Well, everywhere in general.

And I do not regret saying "no" to being a mod. :laugh:

This website is good about it, mostly because it has a very strict no politics board. I think the only time it was a mess was in the COVID threads, which rightfully got shut down after how much of a mess they were.

I think it's overly simple to say "this all boils down to the 2016 election", because there was a lot of shit brewing that went under the radar before then, but you'd be insane to argue against it being a major factor. That election emboldened both shitty people who loved Trump and shitty people who hated Trump to become more radical and more polarized, and social media is the obvious outlet for that because there are no consequences for it. Especially if you hide behind a fake account.

Now 8 years later, people are just openly shitty on these social media platforms because they've done it for 8 years with pretty much no consequences. No matter where you sit politically, you can find somewhere to be a piece of shit online and face no consequences for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad