OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Apparently the surgeon that told him this might have misdiagnosed him. He came in all angry like and said THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS for you, you have rectal cancer and you will most likely not survive the surgery, why did you wait so long? he said. He was about to go in for the surgery, and the last 5 minutes a female surgeon with 20 years experience walks in, looked at the info and says WAIT! you guys should not be operating there, so they change it to putting 2 tubes in his butt and drains the fluids, it drained so fast and can't find a cancer yet. Doesn't need surgery anymore, his white blood cell count is improving quickly and he's not pooping anymore and he's eating and sleeping now. So fingers crossed no cancer...he's 1 lucky person. That surgery would have destroyed his life. He got me to buy 3 big fruit baskets, and 3 big boxes of tim hortons donuts and giving 1 of each to ER, the nurses and especially the surgeons, especially that 1 female one. He wants to change his life now.
Nothing like a scare to put your Pops back on track to living his life to the fullest, sucks that you had to have that insane rollercoaster of emotions to get there but better late than never with the ER Doc finding out the others were wankers.

• Love
Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Great news mate.

Thank f*** the other surgeon was there.
I'm sure it happens sometimes but damn, he might have dodged a bullet.

Nothing like a scare to put your Pops back on track to living his life to the fullest, sucks that you had to have that insane rollercoaster of emotions to get there but better late than never with the ER Doc finding out the others were wankers.
I didn't eat or sleep for days, I was so worn out and exhausted and was days away from being in the hospital myself. I for real could almost not walk anymore and was about to pass out on the ground. Still has a chance of it still being cancer in there but so far everything looks good and it was mostly just a really bad infection.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I don't get this news of the Dexter franchise, ok the prequel show fine, I mean Dexter was 35 in season 1, so I guess this is when Dexter is in his 20s, not really a story anyone really gives a shit about, but as a mini series one off as it can only be, it's suitable.

But then Dexter: Resurrections - which takes place in the current, how the f***? The bloke was killed in the mini series that was out recently. How the hell are they going to explain that one? That it was Dexter having a dream? Lol. I like the show and yeah the original didn't end all that well and had some odd seasons near the end, but overall it's still a great show and entertaining enough. I can see why Michael C Hall wants to keep going back to it, he's great in the role. But Resurrections is a bizarre spin off show.

I guess from this scene, he can be taken to the Hospital, saved and then escapes. But near the end of that, Batista knows now and well, yeah.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't get this news of the Dexter franchise, ok the prequel show fine, I mean Dexter was 35 in season 1, so I guess this is when Dexter is in his 20s, not really a story anyone really gives a shit about, but as a mini series one off as it can only be, it's suitable.

But then Dexter: Resurrections - which takes place in the current, how the f***? The bloke was killed in the mini series that was out recently. How the hell are they going to explain that one? That it was Dexter having a dream? Lol. I like the show and yeah the original didn't end all that well and had some odd seasons near the end, but overall it's still a great show and entertaining enough. I can see why Michael C Hall wants to keep going back to it, he's great in the role. But Resurrections is a bizarre spin off show.

I guess from this scene, he can be taken to the Hospital, saved and then escapes. But near the end of that, Batista knows now and well, yeah.

All I want for the prequel is for him to still be played by Michael c hall in a moppy wig like they did for his flashback scenes in the original series.

A sequel series is just a weird idea at this point.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Dexter: Judgement Day

IMG_1890.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So today was the big day...CT scan showed his drainage is pretty much complete but also shows cancer all in his insides all around his vital organs. Uncle came in and wanted a full report from them on everything and wants to know why we didn't ask questions and said he knows so many people with cancer and they are just fine. So Monday the woman that did his surgery is going to give him all the details instead of the other surgeon that would have done the previous surgery and screwed him for the rest of his life and uncle knows (he knows a lot of people, he's a succesful buisness man) a good cancer researcher. Neither of us know a thing about cancer, to us it's you either die soonish or you live a few years unless you're one of the lucky ones. He will need radiation, no mention of "get all your stuff in order" meaning 0 chance and it'll be soon.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
All I want for the prequel is for him to still be played by Michael c hall in a moppy wig like they did for his flashback scenes in the original series.

A sequel series is just a weird idea at this point.
I'm ok with the prequel show, honestly it'd be fine as it can only work as a miniseries depending on how far back they go, if they go back far enough they can squeeze out another season or 2 leading right into Dexter's original show when he's 35.

The sequel to the sequel is stupid. He dies, only for them to now say he's definitely not dead and will continue doing what? Hitching a ride all over the good ole' US of A killing bad folks with his dark passenger in tow? I mean there's the potential for it to go over seas where I think it would make for some real fun, but to be in the US, the bloke has a very unique face, you post up a most wanted image and he's kind of f***ed.

So today was the big day...CT scan showed his drainage is pretty much complete but also shows cancer all in his insides all around his vital organs. Uncle came in and wanted a full report from them on everything and wants to know why we didn't ask questions and said he knows so many people with cancer and they are just fine. So Monday the woman that did his surgery is going to give him all the details instead of the other surgeon that would have done the previous surgery and screwed him for the rest of his life and uncle knows (he knows a lot of people, he's a succesful buisness man) a good cancer researcher. Neither of us know a thing about cancer, to us it's you either die soonish or you live a few years unless you're one of the lucky ones. He will need radiation, no mention of "get all your stuff in order" meaning 0 chance and it'll be soon.
Good to finally have some family support as I know it's quite draining on you as well mate, take the time to just give yourself a break as well while your Uncle is down, the last thing you need and your Pops needs is you getting stressed out and not being in good health from it. There's no harm in taking some time for yourself, to recharge a little and just de-stress.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Holy shit, Deadpool vs Wolverine is a shit show. Did anyone even proof read the script? The really bad cgi and then Hugh Jackman looking really haggard as Wolverine. It just kept trying way too hard and the movie was seriously draining to watch. This is worse than anything fox would have put out. I went in clearing my head of any bias and just wanted to enjoy it and yeah it's a hard movie to enjoy. It's all over the place and not in typical Deadpool fashion, it's just an incoherent mess. The cameos were cool but severely wasted.

Deadpool 1: 9/10
Deadpool 2: 5/10
Deadpool 3: 3/10

You are quickly reminded that Ryan Reynolds hasn't played anything but Ryan Reynolds for the entirety of his career.

Henry Cavill as Wolverine didn't pop at all. Everything about it was wrong and you can kind of see how he really couldn't even carry that in a cameo. The others did a way better job. Hell even Tatum, as cheesy as he looked, did a better job as Gambit than Cavill did as Logan.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Holy shit, Deadpool vs Wolverine is a shit show. Did anyone even proof read the script? The really bad cgi and then Hugh Jackman looking really haggard as Wolverine. It just kept trying way too hard and the movie was seriously draining to watch. This is worse than anything fox would have put out. I went in clearing my head of any bias and just wanted to enjoy it and yeah it's a hard movie to enjoy. It's all over the place and not in typical Deadpool fashion, it's just an incoherent mess. The cameos were cool but severely wasted.

Deadpool 1: 9/10
Deadpool 2: 5/10
Deadpool 3: 3/10

You are quickly reminded that Ryan Reynolds hasn't played anything but Ryan Reynolds for the entirety of his career.

Henry Cavill as Wolverine didn't pop at all. Everything about it was wrong and you can kind of see how he really couldn't even carry that in a cameo. The others did a way better job. Hell even Tatum, as cheesy as he looked, did a better job as Gambit than Cavill did as Logan.

I should probably stop looking at the IMDB cast list. But it has a good rating on there and my friend enjoyed it. I probably won't go to the theater to watch so I'll likely forget all this stuff when I watch it.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

Damn sorry mate. Bit of a roller coaster for you. At least he’s here and ok for now.

There’s different types of cancers with different treatments, prognosis etc. Some are curable, some are not. Some need surgery, some need radiation, some are just meds.

My dog needed chemo so I thought he was going to get radiation but I didn’t know chemo can be in pill form. (he also takes prednisone & Benadryl for his type of cancer).

Just an FYI and I’m sure the doctors will tell you if he has chemo in pill form if you or anyone else handles the drug for him you need to wear medical gloves.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So RDJ as Dr. Doom .... this idea is f***ing stupid as all f*** and I dislike it very much.

I cant wait until ScarJo is brought back .... as a female version of Mephisto, because shut the hell up and accept this.
Marvel has been dropping turds for a while now. What an idiotic decision by Feige.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Marvel has been dropping turds for a while now. What an idiotic decision by Feige.
Last time Marvel thought up an idea this stupid, Frank Castle became a black guy to hide from the Kingpin for uhhhhhhhhhh reasons. ....Yes that is an actual comic, I cant tell you to stay away from it enough.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I am sure all the hardcore DP fans will love the movie and the cameos but what Marvel is doing now is a massive shit show, just no idea what their entire end game is anymore and the last few movies have been underwhelming AF and their recent casting choices and what not doesn't make me hopeful that they can continue the massive world they've created and the current timeline.

But DP vs Wolverine, it starts off in typical RR being RR and then the cameos help water down some of his annoying antics that he always does, but then it's like this omnipresent annoyance that never goes away and it's exhausting to have to pay attention to.

Last time Marvel thought up an idea this stupid, Frank Castle became a black guy to hide from the Kingpin for uhhhhhhhhhh reasons. ....Yes that is an actual comic, I cant tell you to stay away from it enough.
Don't get me started on Frank Castle and how idiotic Punisher is as a character.

The fact that so many morons IRL idolize Frank Castle in law enforcement tells you all you need to know about how little these dipshits understand the failure of Frank and his mission.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I am sure all the hardcore DP fans will love the movie and the cameos but what Marvel is doing now is a massive shit show, just no idea what their entire end game is anymore and the last few movies have been underwhelming AF and their recent casting choices and what not doesn't make me hopeful that they can continue the massive world they've created and the current timeline.

But DP vs Wolverine, it starts off in typical RR being RR and then the cameos help water down some of his annoying antics that he always does, but then it's like this omnipresent annoyance that never goes away and it's exhausting to have to pay attention to.

Here’s Marvel’s end game

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Damn sorry mate. Bit of a roller coaster for you. At least he’s here and ok for now.

There’s different types of cancers with different treatments, prognosis etc. Some are curable, some are not. Some need surgery, some need radiation, some are just meds.

My dog needed chemo so I thought he was going to get radiation but I didn’t know chemo can be in pill form. (he also takes prednisone & Benadryl for his type of cancer).

Just an FYI and I’m sure the doctors will tell you if he has chemo in pill form if you or anyone else handles the drug for him you need to wear medical gloves.
No chemo, they said he has 6-12 months before he dies. Just found out today. He’s terminal. Found another mass and it’s exploded.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
No chemo, they said he has 6-12 months before he dies. Just found out today. He’s terminal. Found another mass and it’s exploded.

Damn sorry dude. Let’s hope for more good than bad days.

Did they offer MAID? Might be an option to discuss with him for when it becomes all bad days further down the track. He’d get to take the meds home and do it himself. Near the end he might have say 1 week of really bad days and say f*** this. I know it sounds grim but it could be nice to have the option at that point. He doesn’t have to use it even if he gets it.

I wish my Aunt had that option in Australia for hers. The end dragged on for her, in hospice full of morphine (still some pain) and not with it at all.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah maid will be coming until he’s gone, I can’t believe this….what the f***. Also be having a poop bag permanently, surgery tomorrow.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So pops refuses to go to hospital, he almost can't even sit anymore and all he does is poop all day long. His butt is pure pain, poops his pants on the regular because he can't hold it anymore. He can't even drive now it hurts, but he does not wanna get checked out and I am just sitting here getting angry. I can't force him to go. He's 69. getting worse and worse. He also barely eats, give him food and he almost throws it up. He eats fruits though but he needs more then that.
Scary stuff... a tough way to go....
I get scared with mountain bike butt (you know the pain after you haven't ridden in a while).
Couldn't imagine the pain. So much suffering in this world... so much suffering.
Best of luck to him and you (the family)....

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can't wait for them to cast Chris Pratt as Cyclops
God I wish they'd just reboot a bit. Fantastic Four looks to be getting dragged around tryin to fit it into the multiverse soup they've made already and I really don't want that for xmen. I would be so happy if they just said f it to everything else going on and just start up FF and Xmen with no other baggage. If you want to bring in spiderman occasionally that's cool too, he's kind of soft rebooted atm anyway. But that's clearly not how it's going for FF at least.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So Taika decided to reboot Time Bandits as a show and turned it into some goofy ass mess of a series that is pure trash. The movie was at least fun and had potential, why the f*** do they keep giving Taika these IP's?

This was absolutely dreadful to watch, Lisa Kudrow didn't make enough from Friends? Is her wealthy Dentist Husband retired and broke? Because what the f*** made her want to do something this poorly written?

So @Ogrezilla if you wanted me to have hope that Waititi could rebound and figure out a balance, I think it's a resounding f*** no mate.

God I wish they'd just reboot a bit. Fantastic Four looks to be getting dragged around tryin to fit it into the multiverse soup they've made already and I really don't want that for xmen. I would be so happy if they just said f it to everything else going on and just start up FF and Xmen with no other baggage. If you want to bring in spiderman occasionally that's cool too, he's kind of soft rebooted atm anyway. But that's clearly not how it's going for FF at least.
Fantastic Four's casting alone is a mess. Pedro as Reed Richards was such a piss poor move on their part, he should have been Victor Von Doom, Krasinski being back as Richards, even if used as a variant, would have made more sense to fit that in somehow that oh hey, Reed looks the same in other multi-verses as well!

Nah, needed it to be RDjr, Marvel lost the plot entirely it seems.

I think the issue with Marvel/Feige is they are so full of themselves with wanting the biggest names for roles that they sort of don't get that finding the right actor is more important than who the IT actor is that should be snapped up asap for roles that don't really make any sense for them. No one on that casting list makes sense for their roles. Kirby as Sue Storm? Joseph Quinn as Johnny Storm? I adore both actors but what the f*** are they even thinking? Then Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards is still just a f*** no for me.

X-Men is such a massive franchise as a comic that focusing on that and adding F4 as their side piece for a new set of franchises to move forward with would be ideal, but I would worry about how badly they would f*** up the casting for X-men. Especially since now they're afraid of re-casting Wolverine and I don't think many of the First Class actors want to come back, McAvoy seemed interested only if the script made sense for his version but they kept going back and forth that bringing him back now brings that baggage and you can only do the reset bs once. I barely forgave the stupid back in time bullshit in End Game, personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So Taika decided to reboot Time Bandits as a show and turned it into some goofy ass mess of a series that is pure trash. The movie was at least fun and had potential, why the f*** do they keep giving Taika these IP's?

This was absolutely dreadful to watch, Lisa Kudrow didn't make enough from Friends? Is her wealthy Dentist Husband retired and broke? Because what the f*** made her want to do something this poorly written?

So @Ogrezilla if you wanted me to have hope that Waititi could rebound and figure out a balance, I think it's a resounding f*** no mate.

Fantastic Four's casting alone is a mess. Pedro as Reed Richards was such a piss poor move on their part, he should have been Victor Von Doom, Krasinski being back as Richards, even if used as a variant, would have made more sense to fit that in somehow that oh hey, Reed looks the same in other multi-verses as well!

Nah, needed it to be RDjr, Marvel lost the plot entirely it seems.

I think the issue with Marvel/Feige is they are so full of themselves with wanting the biggest names for roles that they sort of don't get that finding the right actor is more important than who the IT actor is that should be snapped up asap for roles that don't really make any sense for them. No one on that casting list makes sense for their roles. Kirby as Sue Storm? Joseph Quinn as Johnny Storm? I adore both actors but what the f*** are they even thinking? Then Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards is still just a f*** no for me.

X-Men is such a massive franchise as a comic that focusing on that and adding F4 as their side piece for a new set of franchises to move forward with would be ideal, but I would worry about how badly they would f*** up the casting for X-men. Especially since now they're afraid of re-casting Wolverine and I don't think many of the First Class actors want to come back, McAvoy seemed interested only if the script made sense for his version but they kept going back and forth that bringing him back now brings that baggage and you can only do the reset bs once. I barely forgave the stupid back in time bullshit in End Game, personally.
I love Pedro but don't love that casting. I like the other three choices. And yeah the RDJ thing just feels so desperate.

Not confident taika will find his way back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad