OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
IMG_1211.jpeg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don't see how MCU will fix the shit show that is Phase 5 or whatever idiotic labels they have for these. Their big dog in this fight was Kang and the bloke that portrayed him turned out to be a woman beating douche.

But they could have easily replaced the actor and gone with it. Because now you've built up this character and the arc across a TV show and two movies only to....swap it with variants of Tony Stank as Dr Doom. I get they are desperate, them bringing back RDJ and the Russo brothers basically established that. But they took a fixable problem and f***ed it.

Kang could have easily just done the typical marvel joke of oh I got tired of the old face blah blah and a new actor could have done the job. They've changed other actors before, Rhoadie, Fandral, Gemma Chan was two different characters in Captain Marvel and Eternals, etc.

But Downey back is such an idiotic move. Personally that's made me divest from all marvel shows and movies. They can get their usual under contract boot lickers in media and actors to pump up the hype but that isn't gonna work for me. The only thing I will even tune in for is the first spiderman movie with Holland that isn't some stupid ass MCU tie in.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't see how MCU will fix the shit show that is Phase 5 or whatever idiotic labels they have for these. Their big dog in this fight was Kang and the bloke that portrayed him turned out to be a woman beating douche.

But they could have easily replaced the actor and gone with it. Because now you've built up this character and the arc across a TV show and two movies only to....swap it with variants of Tony Stank as Dr Doom. I get they are desperate, them bringing back RDJ and the Russo brothers basically established that. But they took a fixable problem and f***ed it.

Kang could have easily just done the typical marvel joke of oh I got tired of the old face blah blah and a new actor could have done the job. They've changed other actors before, Rhoadie, Fandral, Gemma Chan was two different characters in Captain Marvel and Eternals, etc.

But Downey back is such an idiotic move. Personally that's made me divest from all marvel shows and movies. They can get their usual under contract boot lickers in media and actors to pump up the hype but that isn't gonna work for me. The only thing I will even tune in for is the first spiderman movie with Holland that isn't some stupid ass MCU tie in.

It all turned to 💩 when they decided to just pump out movie after movie after movie after crossover after f*** it everyone’s in this one.

I miss the 80’s & 90’s

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Holy f***, so Snyder hyped up his directors cuts to Rebel Turd as being vastly different movies. It's not. It's much worse. It's longer, bloodier, and yet still as incoherent and shit as the first versions. How is this bloke allowed to make anything anymore?

I mean. Let’s be honest. The Marvel cinematic universe is exactly the same as the source material..
Tell me you don't know shit about the source material without telling me...

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Are you serious, brother?

Marvel comics has had literal decades of terrible "main events" in it's existence.
Mate they have but they have a ton of arcs that were also very good and yet they chose all the bad ones to adapt and then ruined. Even the Ultron stuff, Feige took a fat shit on the source material. Epic fat shit. MCU imo has ruined more of the source material than the other way around.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Mate they have but they have a ton of arcs that were also very good and yet they chose all the bad ones to adapt and then ruined. Even the Ultron stuff, Feige took a fat shit on the source material. Epic fat shit. MCU imo has ruined more of the source material than the other way around.

My point is moreso, I'm not shocked that Marvel Studios is churning out a bunch of shit.

That's been kind of a piece of their existence.

Secret Wars is a total shitshow of a comic. Civil War was too.

Like Disney acquiring Marvel is not shocking at all becasue Marvel is essentially the Disney of comics.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
My point is moreso, I'm not shocked that Marvel Studios is churning out a bunch of shit.

That's been kind of a piece of their existence.

Secret Wars is a total shitshow of a comic. Civil War was too.

Like Disney acquiring Marvel is not shocking at all becasue Marvel is essentially the Disney of comics.
Secret Wars I agree. Civil war to me had some good things from the Comics they should have adapted but turned it into some horse shit for the movie.

I like what they did with Cap in the movies and Guardians but the rest weren't great or good vs their comics counterpart. Tony being less of a douche, kind of made him lame imo. Stark was always this cocky wanker and he was more annoying than cocky in the movies.

But yes the last part, 1000000%

I did grow up a massive DC fan for the comics, it's taken forever to finally get a bloke that can actually helm the big names well. So the issue is again, comic book fatigue. Marvel goes balls deep with multiple movies a year. Next year alone they have like 3-4 movies dropping.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I think this is hilarious...

The man who made Indiana Jones and Han Solo iconic was asked about his decision to appear in the upcoming Marvel movie Captain America: Brave New World and what it took to portray Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross/Red Hulk.

“What did it take? It took not caring,” he said in an interview with Variety. “It took being an idiot for money, which I’ve done before.”
“He would say, ‘Let’s shoot this piece of s—t.’ And everybody was like, ‘Yeah, let’s shoot this s—t,'” the “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” actor continued.

LOL

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Holy f***, so Snyder hyped up his directors cuts to Rebel Turd as being vastly different movies. It's not. It's much worse. It's longer, bloodier, and yet still as incoherent and shit as the first versions. How is this bloke allowed to make anything anymore?

Tell me you don't know shit about the source material without telling me...
Best part to me is Snyder pretending like Netflix legitimately held him back vs this being a super obvious intentional play to release another Smydercut like with justice league.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I like Falcon well enough but there's just almost no way they've cobbled together a good movie with how many reshoots and rewrites they've done on that one. Hope to be wrong I guess.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Best part to me is Snyder pretending like Netflix legitimately held him back vs this being a super obvious intentional play to release another Smydercut like with justice league.
The thing is Netflix literally told him make whatever you want however long you want and whatever rating you want.

So Snyder sabotaged himself with PG13 movies that sucked and then a directors cut that was already done and ready that also sucked and then he said there's another cut that will probably suck just as hard as the rest.

He still hasn't addressed his toxic fan base to piss off with the attacks to Gunn. Snyder f***ing sucks.

I like Falcon well enough but there's just almost no way they've cobbled together a good movie with how many reshoots and rewrites they've done on that one. Hope to be wrong I guess.
Sabra is a shit addition.

Also it's f***ing weird Liv Tyler is back as Betty Ross. She was Betty Ross to Ed Norton's Hulk.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Falcon and winter soldier was a pretty damn good show, to ruin it with some agenda soaked splooge fest by Marvel is shit.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
I was actually hoping Deadpool would flop so that Hollywood would start going back to funding different types of movies again. I was recently looking at list of movies that came out in 1999 (what a year for film!) and it is jarring just how much less diversity in viewing options there is today versus 10 or 20 yrs ago

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I was actually hoping Deadpool would flop so that Hollywood would start going back to funding different types of movies again. Iwas recently looking at list of movies that came out in 1999 (what a year for film!) and it is jarring just how much less diversity in viewing options there is today versus 10 or 20 yrs ago
Yeah, I don’t watch Marvel…zero interest in superhero films

Reactions: Fiji Water

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
At this point it's like trying to start One Piece or something...it's hard to get into it when you know doing so immediately puts you on lock for hours upon hours of content. And yes, I know that's not truly required and it's likely an oversimplfication but this is how it appears.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
At this point it's like trying to start One Piece or something...it's hard to get into it when you know doing so immediately puts you on lock for hours upon hours of content. And yes, I know that's not truly required and it's likely an oversimplfication but this is how it appears.
It's not far from true. Since they started adding shows I have lost a lot of interest too. That and it's just genuinely not as good anymore.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It's not far from true. Since they started adding shows I have lost a lot of interest too. That and it's just genuinely not as good anymore.
The issue I find with Netflix and other streamers is that they will make some good shows and they cancel them immediately because some dipshit reality show got more views and so they want to pivot towards that to flood the service of more of the same bs vs keeping a great show going and maybe doing a better job marketing them. Then the really awful shows seem to keep getting more seasons and it's puzzling. Reacher getting more seasons, cool, but then Amazon cancels The Peripheral?

You can't invest in a show while it's airing, you almost have to wait to see how many seasons will actually air to see if they can conclude the storyline as intended and because of their early cancellations, this now f***s up their entire algorithm that relies on you watching but most don't want to watch just yet because they want to know if they should even bother with the history of these streamers.

Manhunter - Amazing show, shit canned by Netflix
The Peripheral - A pretty solid adaptation of Gibson's work, canned by Amazon

Amazon took Cowboy Bebop and then completely shit on the franchise by trying to adapt the anime into the show with sort of the same material but also not. I mean had they just done the original show for the first season and then stated that they will explore the rest of the world in this franchise, it'd have gotten better reviews, but instead they dunked on it with idiocy and ruined some very good casting and actors. HBO Max cancelled a lot of stuff too but I think some of their shows needed to be cancelled after the showrunners lost the plot, Westworld is a good example, after Season 1, it really went off the rails imo, it had potential but they sort of just f***ed it up as the seasons wore on.

Disney+ meanwhile keeps shoving narratives up your ass and ruining IP's, they absolutely trashed Star Wars and then decided hey lets make a Willow show but completely f*** it all the way up.

Then the other side of this gripe is - Some absolute f***ing morons run these networks/streamers. I mean for example, major personal gripe here - You have a franchise you are adapting, so you make a show from it, but each season takes over a year to launch. Halo for example, Season 1 2022, then Season 2 2024. That entire f***ing game has so much lore to it you could make mini series on ODST, other characters that you can soft launch to see if there's interest, there's several comic books and novels out there as well. Then Paramount+ cancels Halo right when they fix enough of their 1st season mistakes in Season 2 and actually have it trending in the right way.

What the f*** is even the point anymore with these shows.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Hollywood is definitely creatively bankrupt at this point, and peak TV is well behind us. Been a long time since a show the caliber of The Wire or Mad Men has been on the airwaves. GoT got close but jumped the shark at the end.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Wire’s ending was worse than GoT.
I've got issues with the wire s5 but that's not even close to true. The wire s5 is flawed the way game of thrones s5 is flawed. But it ended there while GoT kept getting progressively worse from there for three more seasons. And even then, the serial killer and journalist arcs aren't as bad as the sand snake arc.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7