OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
also this is like the second week in a row where I have to work incredibly long days and am going to be gone all weekend overseeing a directing masterclass, so her timing is impeccable.

what's good on PS+ these days? Thinking of getting my Ghost of Tsushima on, or maybe Bloodborne?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Hanoi is chaos. I'd like to say it's the good kind of chaos, but for an exhausted introvert in week 4 of traveling it's just overwhelming. I'm in way too nice of a hotel drinking a way too expensive Old Fashioned (read: still 1/2 price compared to LA) while listening to Django Reinhardt like the f***ing snob I was born to be. I'll find the charm next time. Though stumbling into some sort of corporate awards ceremony for a skincare company named Dr. Pepti was pretty f***ing charming...

Pretty sure the French were trying to Waco me last night in Bai Tu Long Bay. It's funnier if I just leave it at that.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I started watching 'the alfred hitchcock hour'... ok we. Finished Tales from the crypt : season 7 stunk the big one... and needed a mystery / thriller... some how.... landed on The Alfred Hitchcock Hour.... TAHH... skipped right over the 30 minute episodes (too short (but we'll get to them I suppose)).
TONS of episodes, some mixed in goodies in there for sure...
Finished 'Married WC' and moved on to 'MITM' (malcolm in the middle)

I randomly watch through 90's shows, (just finishing the critic and...... dilbert (started dilbert just before the insanity started (weird coincidence too)) and need to find more so I have either, TDCS the drew carey show... MNIE my name is earl .... or... ATJ according to jim...

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So, wife apparently bought a PS5. :laugh:
I remember the time my wife saw me watch videos of Cyberpunk 2077 to see if I wanted to buy it only to see a ton of bad reviews and she got it for me as a gift as she thought I was watching videos out of want. I tried to play it recently and I didn't know they fixed a ton of shit.

Key to that game is ignoring the main story and doing the side missions. Lol

Well, yes, but I'm not the intended audience for M4M postings! :laugh:
They're just lonely blokes looking for some friction. All good you know? Haha

• Haha
Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
@HandshakeLine - I was thinking of getting the ps5 again, I got it when it came out but gifted it to my brother for my nephew. Then got the Xbox and didn't get the ps5 again. Figured the titles ps5 have weren't worth it since Microsoft bought Activision etc and own basically all the big titles now except for what, Last of Us and God Of War?

What game are you excited to kill time on first?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm mostly just excited to get into the Yakuza / Dark Souls stuff at the moment. I splurged for the first year of the PS+ because I mostly want to catch up on the PS4 titles I missed out on during the last generation.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hanoi is chaos. I'd like to say it's the good kind of chaos, but for an exhausted introvert in week 4 of traveling it's just overwhelming. I'm in way too nice of a hotel drinking a way too expensive Old Fashioned (read: still 1/2 price compared to LA) while listening to Django Reinhardt like the f***ing snob I was born to be. I'll find the charm next time. Though stumbling into some sort of corporate awards ceremony for a skincare company named Dr. Pepti was pretty f***ing charming...

Pretty sure the French were trying to Waco me last night in Bai Tu Long Bay. It's funnier if I just leave it at that.

1678053744674.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
have muscle destruction pain today from over doing it exercising. not fun.
I had to rock my momentum to get out of the rack...
:wally:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
@HandshakeLine - I was thinking of getting the ps5 again, I got it when it came out but gifted it to my brother for my nephew. Then got the Xbox and didn't get the ps5 again. Figured the titles ps5 have weren't worth it since Microsoft bought Activision etc and own basically all the big titles now except for what, Last of Us and God Of War?

What game are you excited to kill time on first?

Where is the cheapest place to get a PS5?

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I gotta say I’m excited that James Mangold desperately wants to do the Swamp Thing movie. To have a director of that caliber want to do a character he’s loved for a long time, I feel hope with DC. Matt Reeves is already a class act for movies, Gunn seems to be the right bloke for this after all.

But that toxic fandom that comic book movies/allegiances create is bonkers.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Where is the cheapest place to get a PS5?

I bought it at Best Buy like 3yrs ago winter. Before I could even open it my brother calls me and asks me if I could get him one too as they were sold out in San Diego or just unavailable. So i went back and it was sold out very fast. As we know now, massive issues with that console and availability as well as dickbags that bought extra to sell at higher prices.

So I just sent him mine. Never got one again, but it’s readily available any where I look in Vancouver. Walmart, Best Buy, etc.

As far as cheap? That doesn’t really work unless you get the most stripped down version which would still be around 600$

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I bought it at Best Buy like 3yrs ago winter. Before I could even open it my brother calls me and asks me if I could get him one too as they were sold out in San Diego or just unavailable. So i went back and it was sold out very fast. As we know now, massive issues with that console and availability as well as dickbags that bought extra to sell at higher prices.

So I just sent him mine. Never got one again, but it’s readily available any where I look in Vancouver. Walmart, Best Buy, etc.

As far as cheap? That doesn’t really work unless you get the most stripped down version which would still be around 600$

Why is it so expensive?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I felt dumb paying 200 for a PS4.
That's why I just have a switch. My last playstation was a PS3 for like 150. I will never come close to catching up to my backlog anyway, so there's no point having more than my computer and Nintendo's latest. They always have the most games I care about that don't go on PC.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Electronic chip shortages. Numerous factors that have only recently been resolved. But now companies are trying to make back the money the lost and arent willing to lower prices as production costs have dropped.
IIRC consoles are usually sold at a loss

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Big McLargehuge you did???
Hows it?
I think I just missed a sale by a few hours the other day... Can't pay 60 for it, even though I have 20 remaining on my acct as is...
how is it though? addicting? good story? good gameplay?
It looks so cool!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
13 Sentinels is gold.

So my tour got canceled at the last second and I made the most of it. Pretty sure I lost about 15 pounds in sweat today. How the hell does anyone live in this climate? It's hot every day of the year and as humid as Florida in August. Unlike Florida it has, you know, positives...but still. f***. I've never earned a drink as much as I had tonight. I wound up at a little hole in the wall that, unbeknownst to me, only served American spirits (almost exclusively of the micro variety). Library stacks of bourbon and ryes...brought a tear to my eye. My dream bar is in f***ing Singapore...did not see that one happening.

Reactions: Pens1566
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad