HFDevils Official Tickets and Prudential Center thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The season ticket holder pre-sale is worthless.

Tickets are more expensive when compared to the secondary for most dates....

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The season ticket holder pre-sale is worthless.

Tickets are more expensive when compared to the secondary for most dates....
I feel like their strategy the last few years with presales has been to basically take advantage of people who want to lock in tickets early. I guess from a revenue maximization standpoint it makes sense. Just another example of the priority being to squeeze every dollar out of their biggest fans.

Reactions: BringBackTheRats

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Maybe they want to gouge people on the first couple days of individual sales before the rest of the secondary market lowers their criminal dynamic pricing scheme.

You realize the Devils use dynamic pricing too?

Dynamic is fine, I just hate when they claim they're bringing us "value" when it's as Colin mentioned just them squeezing the fan base for every dime.

Reactions: Colin226

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Maybe they want to gouge people on the first couple days of individual sales before the rest of the secondary market lowers their criminal dynamic pricing scheme.

Dynamic is fine, I just hate when they claim they're bringing us "value" when it's as Colin mentioned just them squeezing the fan base for every dime.

It makes sense, the Devils want to try to put these tickets on sale first before I put up some games at most likely a lower face value price that I know I can't make already. They don't want to be undercut right off the bat.

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY

I know the Devils use it. That's who I am referencing in this, along with Ticketmaster. They are both guilty.

Dynamic pricing is what is giving them leverage to squeeze people. The fact that they can legally change the face value of an original ticket on the fly is insane to me. The team should only be allowed to set an original ticket rate based on the seat and game.

What's stopping them from setting up reseller bots themselves just to jack prices up and take a cut? Could that be what the verified resale tickets that are already on sale are?

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
If tickets go on sale to public tomorrow ours better go live to be transferred and resold too. That’s when I usually sell the most games is during that first day of resale. If they hold us out from selling to after that it’s insane.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Still cant manage my tickets but it has a button to click too see verified resale tickets

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpeg
    IMG_2143.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 4

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY
1723734150809.png

Am I crazy to think that all of these seats being sold already seems fishy? All of those greyed out are season tickets/group sales before they even went to individual game sales? I get this game might be part of a package, but still. And how are there resale seats before you guys even got a chance to manage season tickets? Something about the whole thing just seems off.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Still cant manage my tickets but it has a button to click too see verified resale tickets

View attachment 901197
Am I crazy to think that all of these seats being sold already seems fishy? All of those greyed out are season tickets/group sales before they even went to individual game sales? I get this game might be part of a package, but still. And how are there resale seats before you guys even got a chance to manage season tickets? Something about the whole thing just seems off.

Same for me, I can't sell anything yet nor see the price of each game. I have 3 games I know I can't make because of conflicts and definitely annoying to not be able to list them. If you're gonna contact your rep let me know what they say.

My guess for so many greyed out seats is that they are still holding back seats for anything they think will sell for any sort of season ticket plan.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Spoke to rep they said we’ll be able to manage in about a week or so. Said no season ticket holder can manage tickets yet. She told me the verified resale that I’m seeing is people that bought individual tickets that are reselling them.

What a crock of shit that is too. There's no reason those people should be able to sell until we can as well.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Spoke to rep they said we’ll be able to manage in about a week or so. Said no season ticket holder can manage tickets yet. She told me the verified resale that I’m seeing is people that bought individual tickets that are reselling them.
Yeah, that isn't true. Resale has been on sale for at least a week probably a bit longer. Unless there was a way to buy individual tickets before yesterday.

Reactions: BringBackTheRats

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Yea I truly believe they are trying to sell their own inventory before they let season tickets sell theirs. This would be a day I sold 7-15 games alone because everyone was online looking and my prices would be cheaper than theirs.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
The objective of the Devils organization is to maximize their profit potential. They sell a season ticket. They sell a single-game ticket. They move on to the next potential buyer be it STH or single-game. They do this by eliminating the competition by whatever means necessary (and legal). Think about it the next time they pee on your leg and tell you it's raining out.

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Same for me, I can't sell anything yet nor see the price of each game. I have 3 games I know I can't make because of conflicts and definitely annoying to not be able to list them. If you're gonna contact your rep let me know what they say.

My guess for so many greyed out seats is that they are still holding back seats for anything they think will sell for any sort of season ticket plan.
Holding back inventory in order to sell larger ticket packages is definitely true, and frankly it makes sense. You can't sell a season ticket package is someone has purchased even just 1 game in that seat.

I am 100% confident though that a large number of seats are grayed out to help create a sense of scarcity and buyer urgency. There's no reason 226 and 227 would be sold out right now, not even for a Ranger game on a Saturday. It's all market manipulation to maximize revenue.

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY
Absolute bullshit. I've been eyeing the 12/21 game against the pens for over a month and all the same seats from a month ago were pink and blue during the presale Wednesday and individual went live today.

I truly think they set up their own individual "reseller" accounts to set the market for dynamic pricing. It's messed up they are lying about it. How is this not price fixing?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Holding back inventory in order to sell larger ticket packages is definitely true, and frankly it makes sense. You can't sell a season ticket package is someone has purchased even just 1 game in that seat.

I am 100% confident though that a large number of seats are grayed out to help create a sense of scarcity and buyer urgency. There's no reason 226 and 227 would be sold out right now, not even for a Ranger game on a Saturday. It's all market manipulation to maximize revenue.

THIS ^^^^^

Not related to the Devils, but for a recent concert I was interested in, 7 days before the show there were a few pavilion seats available here and there. The day of the show, there was blue all over the map. There is no doubt in my mind available seats are always held back to create a sense of urgency for prospective buyers. Have them see only a smattering of the best seats and create panic that if they don't act now, they'll be shut out. Capitalism at it's finest.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Wow. I thought the Devils low balled STHs with their refund on the Flyers / Winter Classic game last year. For me at least, the refund on the Sabres / Opening Game is very hard to justify.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Anyone going to the opener in Prague? I know it was kind of last minute, but was looking if there was some sort of travel package available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad