HFBoards is the place to be

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
the only other real alternative is reddit, which is hit or miss.
reddit has no soul just a bunch of anonymous random usernames replying in comments with 99 replies , quite frankly its a sore on the eyes and not very engaging to read or follow discussions whatsoever.

Reddit is a good site don't get me wrong , if you have an obscure question somebody 10 years ago also had :laugh:

Reactions: MessierII

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
reddit has no soul just a bunch of anonymous random usernames replying in comments with 99 replies , quite frankly its a sore on the eyes and not very engaging to read or follow discussions whatsoever.

Reddit is a good site don't get me wrong , if you have an obscure question somebody 10 years ago also had :laugh:
because it's ginger?

1729097480243.png

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
It's amazing how much of this site I'm impressed by and read which don't involve hockey :laugh:

the best parts of this site aren't even the main boards but the soccer, football, and entertainment forums (let's leave the "Lounge" out of this :naughty:)

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
It's amazing how much of this site I'm impressed by and read which don't involve hockey :laugh:

the best parts of this site aren't even the main boards but the soccer, football, and entertainment forums (let's leave the "Lounge" out of this :naughty:)

With 380,000 posts, I always figured you hired a team of interns to do the reading intake.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

it has a couple things going for it like it works better with multimedia, better moderation, better at handling more than one topic or line of thought. i agree with you on the no sole point. it lacks the personality that hf has.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
It's very cozy, any ideas on pinpointing why the old forums feel this way? Is it better discussion?

I'm not sure. I think cozy is a very good word, though. I like that it is simple, not just blasting headlines, and that all comments get equal footing without some kind of "upvote" system. Plus I think it just reminds us of a simpler time, where forums were built around particular interests and hobbies rather than the monolith of social media sites like Twitter.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
I didn't delete your post.

As for the condescending tone, you should see my reviews on Yelp.

View attachment 917334

"He was so mean to me when I told the site's user base that they were all circle jerking and that they should go away more often."
In fairness, you do avoid any conversation that doesn’t fit your narrative. But as a goalie, and a guest star on @hangman005 ‘s OnlyFans, nobody can blame you for that.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I’m not getting involved in all that but I think HF should expand their reaction emojis.

Add a downvote button. People are using the laugh emoji in its place.

Also add another heart emoji that doesn’t have such a ridiculous smile. When someone posts anything upsetting where it’s worthy of a heart, I don’t want to come across as smiling too.

I don't support a downvote button but adding new reaction emojis is long overdue. At the bare minimum we need a "crying face emoji" reaction. On a sports forum that is probably the most relevant reaction on a large number of posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad