GDT: HFBoards GDT | 02/21/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
It has been for quite a while now

So many bad reads and pinches. Gets caught a ton.

He needs press box time. Especially with the jets carrying 8/9 d men

I haven't caught enough Jet's games this season. Sounds like a tough season for Stewart. Luckily for him that PP wasn't very dangerous.

penguins2946*

Logic would say that's in. It just has to be. But you can't see the puck, and it wasn't called a goal

Yeah this sums it up perfectly. That's so clearly a goal, but it wasn't called a goal and there's nothing there that could conclusively say it was a goal.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
That's probably the best example since they instituted the video replay confirming a goal system of a has to be a goal but there's no 100% visual evidence to prove it.

Logic dictates, especially on the zoomed in replay, the puck dissappears under elliot's toe pad and goes behind the post, there's no way it's not in the goal, there's just no visual proof.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Awful result on that one. That's why it'd be good if they could get some sort of puck tracker, that doesn't affect the feel/performance of the puck

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Puck is at least behind the blocker, blocker is behind the line. That's a goal. I understand why they made the call, but the fact that we can't call it a goal is frustrating.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Only the 2nd team to lose to the Leafs in like 18 games. Thanks Jets.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canucks just caught a huge break, massive point loss by the jets, nobody saw them losing this one.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Yeah this sums it up perfectly. That's so clearly a goal, but it wasn't called a goal and there's nothing there that could conclusively say it was a goal.

bull you couldn't conclusively say it wasn't a goal. The NHL review room just needs bigger balls. It was a goal, and you could conclusively say that. Unless the puck vanished into a black hole when the pad clearly went well over the line.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Another brutal goal by hutchinson

Well, it's one you certainly don't want to let in, but still that's a prime scoring area and it was an excellent shot stick side. If this game is any indication, the Jets still haven't solved their goalie problems.

Really hope your team makes the playoffs. Really like their size and speed.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
bull you couldn't conclusively say it wasn't a goal. The NHL review room just needs bigger balls. It was a goal, and you could conclusively say that. Unless the puck vanished into a black hole when the pad clearly went well over the line.

The rule says nothing about logical assumption, only 100% visual evidence of the puck across the line, they'd need to rewrite the rule, which I doubt they'd be willing to do just to remove the possibility of an important game being decided by logic without definitive proof.

The Grim Reaper*

Blues are losing their composure instead of trying to win a game.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hopefully the new technology stuff the NHL has been experimenting with can result in sensors being in the posts or puck or something that they have another way to call good goals good even when the camera can't show them as in.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
The rule says nothing about logical assumption, only 100% visual evidence of the puck across the line, they'd need to rewrite the rule, which I doubt they'd be willing to do just to remove the possibility of an important game being decided by logic without definitive proof.
And there was 100% visual evidence that the puck crossed the line there.

They need bigger balls. I realize the standard the NHL has used in the past has been beyond stupid, which is why I expected this to be called no goal from the start. But that doesn't mean it's right. The puck went under his pad. His pad proceeded to go all the way over the line. You can see that clearly. Unless the puck entered some sort of void or turned invisible, it was over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad