GDT: HFBoards GDT | 02/21/2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

bull you couldn't conclusively say it wasn't a goal. The NHL review room just needs bigger balls. It was a goal, and you could conclusively say that. Unless the puck vanished into a black hole when the pad clearly went well over the line.

There was no clear shot of the puck in the net. It was clearly in if you use logic, but the NHL war room doesn't do that. They only call it a goal if there is a clear shot of the puck in the net.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
There was no clear shot of the puck in the net. It was clearly in if you use logic, but the NHL war room doesn't do that. They only call it a goal if there is a clear shot of the puck in the net.

It went under a pad that clearly went over the line. It's the same if they puck is in a glove that's well in the net, which they stupidly have refused to call a goal too many times in the past. they are stupid and need to change their definition of conclusive. Because that was a conclusive goal.

penguins2946*

It went under a pad that clearly went over the line. It's the same if they puck is in a glove that's well in the net, which they stupidly have refused to call a goal too many times in the past. they are stupid and need to change their definition of conclusive. Because that was a conclusive goal.

There was no clear view that showed the puck was in the net. You're wrong here. Logic can easily tell that it was a goal, there was no camera angle that showed the puck was in the net.

Sutter scores, 4-0 now.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
There was no clear view that showed the puck was in the net. You're wrong here. Logic can easily tell that it was a goal, there was no camera angle that showed the puck was in the net.

Sutter scores, 4-0 now.

Yes there was. The fact that you can't see the black puck in the net is irrelevant. You know where the puck is. It's conclusively a goal. The fact that it's under the pad does that's clearly in the net doesn't change that. Unless somehow physics changed and the puck entered some sort of void and disappeared, it was a conclusive goal. The NHL needs a better definition of conclusive.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011

It is stupid, but it's not written that way, only conclusive evidence of the whole puck visibly unobstructed over the goaline, they'd have to rewrite it to allow assumption, which I doubt they'll ever do because it'll open up the possibility of the 1 in 1000 chance a game is decided by such a goal and it creates media scrutiny. They'll invent new technology for such a case before they'll allow logic to dictate a goal, no matter how obvious a goal should be.

penguins2946*

Yes there was. The fact that you can't see the black puck in the net is irrelevant. You know where the puck is. It's conclusively a goal. The fact that it's under the pad does that's clearly in the net doesn't change that.

There was no shot that showed the puck was in the net. I don't know why you can't get that. You can assume the puck was in, and it definitely was, but they can't overturn calls based on assumptions.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
There was no shot that showed the puck was in the net. I don't know why you can't get that. You can assume the puck was in, and it definitely was, but they can't overturn calls based on assumptions.

I'm not sure what you're having trouble getting. Lets say the puck is in the glove. You know the puck is in the glove, you see it go in the glove. You see it come out of the glove at the end. You see the glove in between go all the way into the net and even touch the back of the net.

Under your standard, that can't be overturned because you can't see the physical puck when it's in the net, even though it's conclusively a goal. If that's the NHL's definition of conclusive, it needs to change it. I realize how the NHL has called it in the past and this isn't the first time they've gotten it wrong based on some Pejorative Slured notion of what 'conclusive' means. But again, that doesn't make it right.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
It is stupid, but it's not written that way, only conclusive evidence of the whole puck visibly unobstructed over the goaline, they'd have to rewrite it to allow assumption, which I doubt they'll ever do because it'll open up the possibility of the 1 in 1000 chance a game is decided by such a goal and it creates media scrutiny. They'll invent new technology for such a case before they'll allow logic to dictate a goal, no matter how obvious a goal should be.

It's not assumption. I'm not assuming the puck is under that pad, that is all the way over the line. I see the puck go under the pad that's all the way over the line.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Greiss has been very good for the Pens tonight. Always frustrating when a backup comes in and does something like that.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
It's not assumption. I'm not assuming the puck is under that pad, that is all the way over the line. I see the puck go under the pad that's all the way over the line.

This will be the last I respond because there's no clearer way to put this.

The rule states there must be visual evidence of a 100% unobstructed puck over the goal line. If it's in a glove, if it's behind a post, if it's under the goalie's fat ass, as long as there's no shot where there's white space between the puck and the red line, it's not a goal.

You should know this since a pitt staff member of their video production crew was fired for apparently withholding an angle during a video replay against phi years ago that showed the goalie pull the puck out behind the post which logically would've meant it was a goal, the call was no goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad