GDT: HFBoards GDT | 01/28/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Not gonna be too mad about the pushing the puck away penalty because the Hawks may have got away with a too many men a couple minutes before that.

But kinda ridiculous they didn't blow the whistle and just letting a guy get whacked and speared after he was pushed/fell on the puck 20 feet away from the goal.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not gonna be too mad about the pushing the puck away penalty because the Hawks may have got away with a too many men a couple minutes before that.

But kinda ridiculous they didn't blow the whistle and just letting a guy get whacked and speared after he was pushed/fell on the puck 20 feet away from the goal.

And then call it when he moves it after being told to move it. That's the icing on the cake

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
Wow. What a ****ing joke call that was. First you let the guy take all that stick abuse for 10 seconds and then you give him a penalty at the end.

Here's the rule if anyone is curious:
67.2 Minor Penalty – Player - A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a territorial advantage over his opponent, a minor penalty shall be assessed for “closing his hand on the puckâ€.
Anytime a player places his hand over the puck while it is on the ice in order to conceal it from or prevent an opponent from playing the puck, a minor penalty shall be assessed for “closing his hand on the puckâ€. When this is done in his team’s goal crease area, a penalty shot shall be assessed (67.4) or a goal awarded (67.5).
A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who, while play is in progress, picks up the puck off the ice with his hand.

That is a harsh decision considering how long the puck was under his glove...

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
They've been really terrible tonight, that call on Seabrook ... yowsa, the "penalty" that lead to the 2nd Carter goal, holy ish it's a whole bunch of stupid out there tonight

Yah they also missed too many men on the hawks, Oduya's hold, and the trip on Clifford

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Caught a period of the Hawks/Kings game... So that's what actual hockey looks like. Not sure if I'm more impressed, more more depressed at how far off the Oilers really are.

Also, kings fans wha do you think is the main reason you guys have been struggling this season? Looked pretty solid to me, I guess they are never a regular season juggernaught but it still seems weird that they aren't in a playoff spot at the moment.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Ref did nothing but bait seabrook, i hope q takes a 20K fine in his post game and rips that ref to shreds he deserves it, thst was handled in the worst possible way

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Yah they also missed too many men on the hawks, Oduya's hold, and the trip on Clifford

There are plenty of opportunities to make calls on legit plays like all the crosschecking, after whistle punches, too many men, holding, etc.

That's why the two calls on Seabrook and Nordstrom are so bad.
Neither were penalties.

I suspect we'll see one more imaginary call give the Kings a PP before the end of this one to even up the calls a bit, especially with the score as it is. They'll ignore all kinds of legit calls and just pick some random nothing play instead.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
This is a clinic by the Hawks.

Still, you can see this is not the same Kings team. Maybe they'll just kick it into another gear at some point and be that frightening team that dominates in the playoffs. But I am starting to doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad