OT: HF Sens Fantasy Hockey League 2014-15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Alright so looks like we are full!

Regarding the draft date, I just had to put a date and time to create the league, pay no attention to it, it will change.

I'm not sure if a mod can create a poll? Or if I can, can't seem to find the option.

The way I see it anyway, this will be a very long draft, most people will probably only make a few picks and then let the auto draft take over. So if you can't make it, it's not a big deal.

We were 10 in football, with less positions and it took an hour and a half. This will easily be a 3 - 4 hour affair.

When I sit down at a computer I'll add a poll so we can see where the majority are available.

edit: And done.
I'll clean up the 'other' type options if there's enough people with similar preferences.

Last edited:

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
When you say evening how late are we talking about?

I'm in Vancouver and I work until 6 on Saturday and Sunday all month. If it were at 10 eastern that would work for me but I imagine that won't work for most ottawa people.

Otherwise I have Fridays off minus the 26th.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I can make myself available after 8pm on pretty much any of those nights.

Although I'd prefer to wait until the last 2 weekends.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I can make myself available after 8pm on pretty much any of those nights.

Although I'd prefer to wait until the last 2 weekends.

This is basically the same for me, though i dont really mind the weekend as long as it's not this weekend. The faster i know the date the better though, my gf cracks the whip and i gotta make sure my time is allocated.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Just as a heads up, the yahoo mobile app is wonderful. Definitely download it to manage your team. It's also fully functional for drafting your team live. I did it this year on the go with my football pools. Everyone should be able to draft their team with it even if you're on the go or at work (as long as that flies with your employer of course).

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Just as a heads up, the yahoo mobile app is wonderful. Definitely download it to manage your team. It's also fully functional for drafting your team live. I did it this year on the go with my football pools. Everyone should be able to draft their team with it even if you're on the go or at work (as long as that flies with your employer of course).

Yep, I can vouch for that too. The app is great.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
If we go strictly by the most votes then i guess Friday October 3rd would be the date. Shall we just make it official?

October 3rd @ 8:30pm EST?

WebNewfie

Nov 5, 2008
Can't do the weekend of the 3/4/5 (camping in the gonq) but understand we can't accomodate everyone. Auto-draft works too :P

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Can't do the weekend of the 3/4/5 (camping in the gonq) but understand we can't accomodate everyone. Auto-draft works too :P

Yeah that's the problem with 20 people, it will be impossible to get everyone.

You can set up a list and rank a bunch of players, so when the auto draft starts it will pick players from your list in the order you've chosen.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If we go strictly by the most votes then i guess Friday October 3rd would be the date. Shall we just make it official?

October 3rd @ 8:30pm EST?

*cry*
that's my birthday night haha

ah well if that's the day that's the day.
However I currently see Sept 28 being the most votes :p

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
*cry*
that's my birthday night haha

ah well if that's the day that's the day.
However I currently see Sept 28 being the most votes :p

LOL, yes it has changed. The 28th has the most votes now.

I'm ok with that too, keep in mind though, lineups will be far from set at that point. Maybe for the first 2 weeks, I can turn off waivers?

Edit: back to tied!

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Is there any way to make the poll with just the 28th and 3rd as options? Let it go for a few days and then the one with most votes becomes the day?

Seems like it will be one of those 2 days.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Is there any way to make the poll with just the 28th and 3rd as options? Let it go for a few days and then the one with most votes becomes the day?

Seems like it will be one of those 2 days.

Oh boy, all this vB stuff is an adventure but I'll see what I can do here. Don't hurt me if I mess everything up. :)

edit: Cool. I'm not as dumb as I look. Done.

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Oh boy, all this vB stuff is an adventure but I'll see what I can do here. Don't hurt me if I mess everything up. :)

The poll isn't reset though...
I tried figuring it out earlier... I think we need to call in a purple.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Haha, thanks!

I guess we can let it go until Friday.

Edit: Ah yeah just noticed it isn't reset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad