• Filip Eriksson

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Riley Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
It has something to do with their ability to play the game of hockey.

Mesar needs to show he can play pro hockey, not just cutesy pond hockey.

I hope he does great in the AHL, but a Kidney kind of year wouldn't surprise me either.
Mesar was a star at the WJC at almost two points a game. What did beck do at that tournament?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The fact Mesar will likely to go #12, that's less pressure for him. Like Reinbacher picking ahead of Michkov, we have now Demidov. So less pressure for Reinbacher aswell.

Having less pressure, that's help the progression of a prospect.

Really guys, Mesar have been not proving anything in OHL with his small stats. Yeah he have the talent, but he need to proving good production with Laval. If he put PPG with Laval next year, he would be more than 12. But at this moment, that's totally normal!

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Mesars better than beck. World juniors is better hockey than the memorial cup.
They're different players. You'd likely want to have Beck on the ice defending a 1 goal lead late in a game, just as you'd probably want someone like Mesar playing if you're down a goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mesars better than beck. World juniors is better hockey than the memorial cup.

It's really not. Half the teams there would get destroyed by CHL teams, let alone the Memorial Cup 4 teams that includes the 3 CHL winners.

Mysak did good at the WJC, so did Poehling.

Fagemo was 1.86 PPG. Hayton was 1.71. Hoglander was 1.57. Alex Nylander 1.71 ppg. Puljujarvi 2.43 PPG. Petan 1.57 ppg. Armia and Granlund 2 PPG. Friberg 1.83 ppg. Pulkkinen 1.43 ppg. Panik 1.50 ppg. D'Amigo 1.71 ppg. Andre Petersson 1.83 ppg. Petrov 1.67 ppg.

Petrovsky (that is 2022 6th rounder Petrovsky) was named the best forward on his team, not Mesar.

Beck is a lot closer to the NHL than Mesar and has a lot lower bust chance. Mesar slightly higher upside doesn't compensate.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Mesar was a star at the WJC at almost two points a game. What did beck do at that tournament?

He's a small offense first player who hasn't produced offense. His D+1 and D+2 OHL seasons are not up to par for a first round pick, nevermind one with his profile. Xhekaj and Beck have only gotten better since the draft, Xhekaj significantly so and in a 6'4" frame. Forget where they were picked, the latter two have been better and have improved quite a bit more.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Damn, I havent thought about this dude for a while. I honestly thought he would find a spot in the league, he looked decent. He's the guy we got for DSP, correct?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
@Treb are you a scout or do you already know that Mesar is being traded and you're setting our expectations?

You seem extremely confident with your opinion off Mesar. An opinion that is visibly flawed and ungrounded.

As for his OHL production, one poster said he dint produce alot of offense in the OHL...

Da what?

Mesar unlike most of the top OHL players generates his offense using refined skills and IQ.

And its a fact he generated more offense than any one in the OHL per game and its not even close. The reason he dint get more assists is because he was too good for his teammates.

Hes a playmaker and hes by far the most elite playmaker we have in the entire organisation, better than Hutson and Demidov.

He will look better with better teammates and he will make his teammates look better as well.

The OHL was not a good fit for him and its the organisation's fault for putting him there.

Now they're trying to write hit peaces so that the goluble people from the fanbase turn on him. What a coward move.

Either way, its bad management and its a repeat of the Bergevin era. Im not sure who's calling the shots on Mesar's case but he needs to be shipped out to the Kings so he can reunite with his buddy Bergy and do chest bras workouts together.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Petrovsky (that is 2022 6th rounder Petrovsky) was named the best forward on his team, not Mesar.
That was really weird devision, Mesar was way way better.
He's a small offense first player who hasn't produced offense. His D+1 and D+2 OHL seasons are not up to par for a first round pick, nevermind one with his profile. Xhekaj and Beck have only gotten better since the draft, Xhekaj significantly so and in a 6'4" frame. Forget where they were picked, the latter two have been better and have improved quite a bit more.
Mesar had two diferent halfs just like Beck. Beck was average at the start, but got traded and finished the year as MVP. Mesar had great start with like 1.5 pts per game. He was amazing at WJC. Once he returned to OHL, he got injured, coach changed him from 1RW to 2C and changed his limemates. The whole line was not working. If everything kept unchanged, he would be around 80-90 points.
I think he will translate well to AHL because his high IQ and high speed execution.
Btw, I still did not vote for Mesar, I voted for Dobes which just showshow deep the pool is.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That was really weird devision, Mesar was way way better.

Mesar had two diferent halfs just like Beck. Beck was average at the start, but got traded and finished the year as MVP. Mesar had great start with like 1.5 pts per game. He was amazing at WJC. Once he returned to OHL, he got injured, coach changed him from 1RW to 2C and changed his limemates. The whole line was not working. If everything kept unchanged, he would be around 80-90 points.
I think he will translate well to AHL because his high IQ and high speed execution.
Btw, I still did not vote for Mesar, I voted for Dobes which just showshow deep the pool is.

I could have told you Beck would not have a great start because he was never a good fit with Peterborough. The contrast from MMS to Petes to Saginaw is extremely clear.

High IQ and high speed execution doesn't translate if you can't get/keep the puck.

Could Mesar have done better on another team? Maybe. He still need to show he can take a prime offensive spot on a team that has more competition than the Slovak U20. The opportunity is there for him to take the 2nd line spot in Laval, or maybe he goes the Kidney way.

@Treb are you a scout or do you already know that Mesar is being traded and you're setting our expectations?

You seem extremely confident with your opinion off Mesar. An opinion that is visibly flawed and ungrounded.

As for his OHL production, one poster said he dint produce alot of offense in the OHL...

Da what?

Mesar unlike most of the top OHL players generates his offense using refined skills and IQ.

And its a fact he generated more offense than any one in the OHL per game and its not even close. The reason he dint get more assists is because he was too good for his teammates.

Hes a playmaker and hes by far the most elite playmaker we have in the entire organisation, better than Hutson and Demidov.

He will look better with better teammates and he will make his teammates look better as well.

The OHL was not a good fit for him and its the organisation's fault for putting him there.

Now they're trying to write hit peaces so that the goluble people from the fanbase turn on him. What a coward move.

Either way, its bad management and its a repeat of the Bergevin era. Im not sure who's calling the shots on Mesar's case but he needs to be shipped out to the Kings so he can reunite with his buddy Bergy and do chest bras workouts together.

Are you the scout who banged on the table for Mesar and bet your job on it? Your opinion is visibly flawed and ungrounded, just like when you said Mesar would destroy the OHL. Then you spent two years trashing the league, his coach, his teammates and the Habs instead of looking at him. Hopefully, he hasn't done the same.

I want Mesar to succeed, he just hasn't shown me he will. We'll see what happens in Laval.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Damn, I havent thought about this dude for a while. I honestly thought he would find a spot in the league, he looked decent. He's the guy we got for DSP, correct?

Incorrect.

Friberg was acquired for Tokarski. Friberg left for Sweden after he wasn't qualified.

We acquired DSP in exchange for Jiri Sekac. We traded DSP the following year for Stefan Matteau.

Tokarski bounced around the AHL with a few NHL stint. Currently without a contract.

Friberg had a breakout year this season in the SHL (43 pts in 51 gp) with Frolunda where he is the Captain (signed until 2026).

Sekac has been moving around, but has spent the last 3 years in the Swiss league. Was Connor Hughes' teammate last year in Lausanne. Moved to Lugano this summer.

DSP bounced around the NHL, AHL and KHL. He retired after his last stint in Laval back in 2022.

Matteau went to Vegas after MTL, then Colombus and Colorado (mostly in the AHL). Tried one year in Europe (total failure in Sweden and relative success in Germany). Came back to Colombus AHL team last year and is signed for next year.

• Love
Reactions: Toene

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

Da what?

are you related to Mesar? you're taking this extremely personally. if you're right about Mesar just wait until he proves everyone here wrong and enjoy being able to say I told you so for the next decade

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
are you related to Mesar? you're taking this extremely personally. if you're right about Mesar just wait until he proves everyone here wrong and enjoy being able to say I told you so for the next decade
I dont understand the hate for mesar either. He should be easily rated over beck xhekaj engstrom and kapanen. A ppg player in the chl on a bad team whos excelled on the biggest stage at the WJC. Whats not to like here?

Beck on the other hand...

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Is half the fanbase of montreal related to Price? What did people do when Price was shit and sinking the team? Some defended him 100x worst than i am Mesar. It was business as usual then.

I dont need to be related to Mesar to appreciate his exceptional talent and elite skills. Why should i not be happy that for once we found a player who could take us to the promise land? Leadership, skills, IQ. Aside from a weak shot, hes got it all.

Since day 1 people were making up false narratives.

We have to defend whats right.

Yeah i agree about waiting this is what iv been doing for the most part but its hard to stay silent when posters make bs claims that he dint produce offence when that was what he was doing all year long.

And Treb is just sheeting on him non stop and from his last post i can only assume he knows something more than us.

Hey @Treb tell Hughes to watch some TAPES!!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I dont understand the hate for mesar either. He should be easily rated over beck xhekaj engstrom and kapanen. A ppg player in the chl on a bad team whos excelled on the biggest stage at the WJC. Whats not to like here?

Beck on the other hand...

Kitchener were 6th in the league (out of 20) so if you call them a bad team...
Mesar "excelled" at the WJC? Really?

You act like being PPG in the CHL is impressive for a purely offensive first rounder in his D+2.

"Beck on the other hand"? Beck destroyed Mesar in the regular season offensively while being miles ahead defensively. He has actually shown he's a key player when it's important in addition to being pro ready. Without him, Saginaw doesn't win the Memorial Cup. Without Mesar, Kitchener still goes to the 2nd round and lose to London.

Mesar would have barely outscored Xhekaj if he played the same amount of games (with Xhekaj once again adding a lot more in other areas than Mesar).

As for Engstrom and Kapanen, they played in a pro league and did well, especially in the playoffs. Kapanen also did pretty good in the actual WC while Mesar stood at home.

Mesar has nice offensive attributes, but so did Scherbak.

If he comes in the AHL and do very good, I'll very happily eat crow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad