OT: 2024 Summer Olympics

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I enjoyed the Summer 2024 Olympics. Some things confused me, but that is easy to do. I was proud of the performance of our (USA) performers. I think it was a shame that Childes had her medal taken away because of a timing mistake by our (USA) Olympic Committee, my understanding. Overall, the USA athletes did an excellent job representing themselves, their team, and the USA. I thought that NBC did a fantastic job with the television coverage. For me, I am back to watching sports as they become available; I always have tennis and gold. Football is starting. I hope I make it through another hockey and basketball season, and of course, football, along with skiing. Again, hats off to our (USA) athletes and all athletes from all over the World. Also, NBC brought us these events. I never went to an Olympic venue, but I think the best viewing is via TV.

Camille the Eel

I enjoyed the Summer 2024 Olympics. Some things confused me, but that is easy to do. I was proud of the performance of our (USA) performers. I think it was a shame that Childes had her medal taken away because of a timing mistake by our (USA) Olympic Committee, my understanding. Overall, the USA athletes did an excellent job representing themselves, their team, and the USA. I thought that NBC did a fantastic job with the television coverage. For me, I am back to watching sports as they become available; I always have tennis and gold. Football is starting. I hope I make it through another hockey and basketball season, and of course, football, along with skiing. Again, hats off to our (USA) athletes and all athletes from all over the World. Also, NBC brought us these events. I never went to an Olympic venue, but I think the best viewing is via TV.
Yes this was a great couple of weeks. The coverage of the swimming venue was superb from end to end and should also be mentioned. Loved the track and field. Swimming and track and field still seem to me to be the core Olympic competitions because they were pretty much the central skills competitions when I was a kid (to the point that we had them in gym in grade school) and they still seem amazingly basic athletics to me. And not just the USA was amazing here. Hugo Marchand’s 4 gold medals in the pool; all those amazing Central African distance runners, etc. etc. kudos to them all.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My only disappointment was the 3 on 3 basketball which seemed like a glorified game at the local YMCA. Jimmer Freddette was the only name player and he was not much of a pro to begin with.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think it was originally Romania's medal but then the Coach argued the the "toughness rating was higher then it was" the judges agreed. The Romanian's felt cheated so the lodged there own complaint which they won in "Olympic court" Because the U.S coach was 4 seconds late to object the score which is one minute. I think the U.S Olympic committee has filed another complaint so the story is potentially not over yet.

This was Canada's best Summer Olympics ever so I'm happy.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Winter Olympics >

But I did enjoy the running, volleyball and field hockey

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I think it was originally Romania's medal but then the Coach argued the the "toughness rating was higher then it was" the judges agreed. The Romanian's felt cheated so the lodged there own complaint which they won in "Olympic court" Because the U.S coach was 4 seconds late to object the score which is one minute. I think the U.S Olympic committee has filed another complaint so the story is potentially not over yet.

This was Canada's best Summer Olympics ever so I'm happy.
Congrats to Canada i did not know that about their record. Canada is my next favorite country some times it is my first buy that is about politics. Thank you for the information you provided me. We shall see if it is over, I suggest it should be we can't yank our young athletes around. They made a ruling stick with it. Thanks again, having fun enjoying Canada.

Reactions: Xirik

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
My only disappointment was the 3 on 3 basketball which seemed like a glorified game at the local YMCA. Jimmer Freddette was the only name player and he was not much of a pro to begin with.
Interesting you brought that tournament up, because it was 3 on 3 I decides it was made up game and so I decided not to watch any 3 x 3.

Reactions: My3Sons

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Loving the raygun memes. If you don't know about her, she is a break dancer from Australia.

Yes, breaking is/was an Olympic sport although it won't be in LA.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Loving the raygun memes. If you don't know about her, she is a break dancer from Australia.

What crawled up LA's butt?

It was founded in the U.S and its very artsy, sounds perfect for LA. :rolleyes:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

IMG_7970.jpeg

Camille the Eel

Speaking of pole vaulting, that Swedish - Cajun kid breaking the world record on his final try after already winning gold was definitely an unforgettable moment not only in Olympics but in sport over the years. Midnight and 60,000 fans howling and having stayed for pole vault. Not to be forgotten.

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3