Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Luke Tuch

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Went Dobes. Can't overlook how great he looked in the last 1/3 of the season. He's been great for pretty much 3 years other than an adjustment period to pro hockey. Tools, size and competitiveness. Just needs to pick his spots better. I'm a fan!

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Graduated: Jayden Struble, Cayden Primeau
Gone: Mattias Norlinder, Jan Mysak, Cedric Guindon, Nathan Légaré, Blake Biondi (yeak I know August but whatever), Petteri Nurmi, Nicolas Beaudin, Miguel Tourigny

1. Ivan Demidov, 96.9% (NA)
2. Lane Hutson, 51.5% (-1)
3. David Reinbacher, 90.4% (-1)
4. Logan Mailloux, 37.3% (-1)
5. Michael Hage, 47.3% (NA)
6. Joshua Roy, 55.1% (-2)
7. Jacob Fowler, 56.2% (+4)
8. Owen Beck, 84.0% (-2)
9. Adam Engstrom, 49.1% (-4)
10. Oliver Kapanen, 43.6% (+4)

Vote for the next guy to be put in or you can't complain they aren't in the voting.

Current order for the next in:
Riley Kidney
William Trudeau
Logan Sawyer
Jared Davidson
Vincenz Rohrer
Tyler Thorpe
Jack Smith
Xavier Simoneau
Owen Protz
Quentin Miller
Lucas Condotta
Luke Mittelstadt
Mikus Vecvanags
Ty Smilanic
Sam Harris
Ben Merrill
Emmett Croteau
Dmitri Kostenko
Rhett Pitlick
Makar Khanin
Rasmus Bergvist
Joe Vrbetic
Alexander Gordin
Daniil Sobolev

2023 HF Habs Prospect final rankings
HF Habs: - 2022 HF Habs Prospect Final Rankings
HFHabs 2021 Prospect Rankings
HF Habs: - Final 2020 HfHabs Prospect Rankings
HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings
2018 ranking
2017 Prospect Info: - HF Habs Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2016 Habs prospects final rankings
Prospect Info: - 2015 Habs Board Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings: 1st Annual Mike Cichy Award
Prospect Info: - 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings Final Results
Prospect Info: - Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings
How are the numbers ranked? Demi has 96% of vote? And the next player 53%...

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Xhekaj for me. I think his game will translate into being an NHLer and I'm not sure Mesar will.

For those that follow more closely, has Tuch fallen off or has our prospect pool just improved that much?

Reactions: bcv

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
I voted dobes because I loved his play after the rough start at the ahl level. It's hard to mix up goaltenders, defensemans and forwards together and the margins are getting thinner.

Bogdan won't be on the powerplay on the habs and is diminutive for a defenseman. It's hard to project him defensively and being more than #4-5-6 at best in the NHL. He is safe bet to make it tough. I'd rather have engstrom, that's why I voted him before bogdan.

Kapanen's shown more at a higher level including playoffs and WC so far while being only about 11 months older than Florian. Florian had a terrific season but I have feeling even though he'll play at the NHL level. He could be the next mark kastelic or more. Sure they are totally different players and I do love Flojack's size and toughness but I'm not ready to call him the next lucic or a second-tier powerforward just yet.

The only thing holding Mesar over Bogdan is probably WJC for some and draft status for most poster because he didn't exactly impressed me personally. Didn't exactly adapt to NA ice and physical play the way I expected him to.

This is probably the strongest prospect list I have seen since being a habs fans, next year's could rival this one as well.

Last edited:

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
It is getting tougher & tougher & even though I thought I might go with Florian Xhekaj here I ultimately decided on Bogdan Konyushkov! Taking away any of the physical limitations that some may believe, what he is doing in the top league in Russia (as the captain no less) is very impressive. No, I haven't really seen very many high-lights but I have read some glowing reports. The only reason I waited this long to give BK a rating is the fact he is a long way from being eligible to come over. We waited a long time for Andre Markov. Could BK be the second coming? That would be cool. & could this reshuffling of the Russian Hockey Politics allow players to come over sooner? It would be exciting!

Reactions: Eegs

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How are the numbers ranked? Demi has 96% of vote? And the next player 53%...

We a ranking them one by one. 1 person gets ranked by poll. This is poll #11, so the winner of this poll will get spot 11. Currently, it would be Xhekaj with 36.0% of the vote.

We are not doing 10 at a time or you would always have a fews guys tied at 0%.

Reactions: themilosh

Yanny

Jul 7, 2015
It's still crazy to see that a first-round pick doesn't crack the top 10 prospects after 2 years. I understand that Mesar's development hasn't been perfect, but it shows the quantity and quality of our prospects. There probably aren't many clubs in a situation like this.

Reactions: Redux91

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's still crazy to see that a first-round pick doesn't crack the top 10 prospects after 2 years. I understand that Mesar's development hasn't been perfect, but it shows the quantity and quality of our prospects. There probably aren't many clubs in a situation like this.
Our prospect pool is nice, but Mesar's development has been a disaster. His fall from grace has more to do with his lack of progression/loser mentality than the quality of our prospect pool.

I, however, suggest that we keep this internal and give your version on the main boards.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I voted Mesar.

Crazy how the value/stock of a big/physical rise big time post draft. This is why Montreal trend to draft bigger guy, their value more often rise. The moment a tiny guy is trending not the way we expect, his stock decrease like a cliff

Reactions: Tyson

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I voted Mesar.

Crazy how the value/stock of a big/physical rise big time post draft. This is why Montreal trend to draft bigger guy, their value more often rise. The moment a tiny guy is trending not the way we expect, his stock decrease like a cliff

Wouldn't say off a cliff.

Mesar went 6, 9 and now 11-13 while we drafted twice top 5 in that span.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Wouldn't say off a cliff.

Mesar went 6, 9 and now 11-13 while we drafted twice top 5 in that span.
He never was that big time prospect either, so he had a wall to climb before he got the benefit of the doubt.

He’ll get to climb high if he produces in Laval this very season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hins77 and Shutdown

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It is getting tougher & tougher & even though I thought I might go with Florian Xhekaj here I ultimately decided on Bogdan Konyushkov! Taking away any of the physical limitations that some may believe, what he is doing in the top league in Russia (as the captain no less) is very impressive. No, I haven't really seen very many high-lights but I have read some glowing reports. The only reason I waited this long to give BK a rating is the fact he is a long way from being eligible to come over. We waited a long time for Andre Markov. Could BK be the second coming? That would be cool. & could this reshuffling of the Russian Hockey Politics allow players to come over sooner? It would be exciting!

I don't think we waited that long for markov. He was 21 when he came over.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I'm not high on Mesar at all, but I have hard time to believe that Florian Xhekaj is better than Mesar. I even think that Farrell, Heineman, Ericksson, Davidson, Tuch or Kidney better than Florian Xhekaj.

Do you over-rate Florian because of his last name ? Or I really miss something here ?

Reactions: Sherwoo9

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not high on Mesar at all, but I have hard time to believe that Florian Xhekaj is better than Mesar. I even think that Farrell, Heineman, Ericksson, Davidson, Tuch or Kidney better than Florian Xhekaj.

Do you over-rate Florian because of his last name ? Or I really miss something here ?

The hope is he can be a physical force and play the game. If he's a physical force, he doesn't need Mesar's skill level to be a more effective NHLer than Mesar. But he does have to be able to pkay the game well.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

i don't know how you can watch Xhekaj play this past season without coming away impressed. i would be very surprised if he doesn't play a good amount of NHL games in his career. i also think Davidson will play in the NHL. Tuch might be a tweener, or he might elevate his game with better competition and linemates.
Farrell is shifty but his speed isn't great. Heineman seems to be made of glass. Ericksson is a couple years away and needs to get bigger.

i'm sure that a year after the 2013 draft some Jets fans liked Andrew Copp more than Nic Petan and others questioned why that was.

Reactions: bopeep

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
We a ranking them one by one. 1 person gets ranked by poll. This is poll #11, so the winner of this poll will get spot 11. Currently, it would be Xhekaj with 36.0% of the vote.

We are not doing 10 at a time or you would always have a fews guys tied at 0%.
Thanks, that makes more sense..

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
At this point it's Florian Xhekaj to me. Mesar have more offensive talent. But Xhekaj is much more a safier bet to play really good at NHL level. Both Xhekaj's will be fun to watch for many years to come and we need that type of players when playoffs comes. Arber Xhekaj have top 4 D potential and Florian Xhekaj have top 9 potential. 3rd line physical player with good offensive production aswell.

Mesar will have my vote for #12.

Bodgan is really good aswell, but his contract in KHL will take time to arrive with Habs, so that's why he will be my #13 vote.

#14 would be Volokhin for sure, high upside.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Graduated: Jayden Struble, Cayden Primeau
Gone: Mattias Norlinder, Jan Mysak, Cedric Guindon, Nathan Légaré, Blake Biondi (yeak I know August but whatever), Petteri Nurmi, Nicolas Beaudin, Miguel Tourigny

1. Ivan Demidov, 96.9% (NA)
2. Lane Hutson, 51.5% (-1)
3. David Reinbacher, 90.4% (-1)
4. Logan Mailloux, 37.3% (-1)
5. Michael Hage, 47.3% (NA)
6. Joshua Roy, 55.1% (-2)
7. Jacob Fowler, 56.2% (+4)
8. Owen Beck, 84.0% (-2)
9. Adam Engstrom, 49.1% (-4)
10. Oliver Kapanen, 43.6% (+4)

Vote for the next guy to be put in or you can't complain they aren't in the voting.

Current order for the next in:
Riley Kidney
William Trudeau
Logan Sawyer
Jared Davidson
Vincenz Rohrer
Tyler Thorpe
Jack Smith
Xavier Simoneau
Owen Protz
Quentin Miller
Lucas Condotta
Luke Mittelstadt
Mikus Vecvanags
Ty Smilanic
Sam Harris
Ben Merrill
Emmett Croteau
Dmitri Kostenko
Rhett Pitlick
Makar Khanin
Rasmus Bergvist
Joe Vrbetic
Alexander Gordin
Daniil Sobolev

2023 HF Habs Prospect final rankings
HF Habs: - 2022 HF Habs Prospect Final Rankings
HFHabs 2021 Prospect Rankings
HF Habs: - Final 2020 HfHabs Prospect Rankings
HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings
2018 ranking
2017 Prospect Info: - HF Habs Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2016 Habs prospects final rankings
Prospect Info: - 2015 Habs Board Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings: 1st Annual Mike Cichy Award
Prospect Info: - 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings Final Results
Prospect Info: - Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings

That's a good looking top 10. We always think a high percentage will become NHLers, even good NHLers. With that top 10, I definitely think a lot will.

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad