GDT: HF Boards: GDT 11/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I hate Housley but I love the Sabres....please don't ice deadweight like Thompson every night its so infuriating that Rodriguez is a healthy scratch again.

Reactions: rynryn

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The difference in sheer knowing what the hell they’re doing between 18 year old Dahlin and Veteran Bogo and Established Risto is on full display already tonight

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
The difference in sheer knowing what the hell they’re doing between 18 year old Dahlin and Veteran Bogo and Established Risto is on full display already tonight
Dahlin has been brutal defensively though. Nice assist for sure.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
How many periods of hockey can you sit and watch intently before you just zone out or break out the phone or start doing something else, in a day?

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
What am I missing here about the Wild? They seem to be a solid team, why does no one ever discuss them for a deep playoff run?
probably cause they don't have that superstar forward to lean on in the playoffs that will go off......though I'm sure Suter being hurt played a large role in their last exit.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
probably cause they don't have that superstar forward to lean on in the playoffs that will go off......though I'm sure Suter being hurt played a large role in their last exit.
Who does though. Seriously... What is a 'superstar forward' these days? How many are in the league 10?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Who does though. Seriously... What is a 'superstar forward' these days? How many are in the league 10?
The Hawks regularly kicked our butts in the postseason, because they had one thing that we didn't...a gamebreaker named Kane. It DOES make a difference. The last few years, our top scorers disappeared in the postseason. Went silent. Until they can get over the hump, talks of a deep run won't happen.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
What am I missing here about the Wild? They seem to be a solid team, why does no one ever discuss them for a deep playoff run?
Because they don't have a playoff-winning makeup. Their regular season success is primarily due to a playoff-like effort game-in and game-out. I think people seriously underestimate how much effort comes into play in the NHL. The Wild doesn't have that extra gear or skill in the playoffs when the opponent is also playing all-out. It comes down to raw skill in the playoffs.

CK17

May 13, 2007
Watched alot of the Penguins this year and while Murray has been bad, they're absolutely terrible defensively. It's like they have 0 structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad