GDT: "Hey, laser lips, your mama was a snow blower." [Game #5 - Oct. 19] Flames @ Kraken - 8pm MT, 5am EEST

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Bull shit
Sucks, but you still have to be in control of your stick.

How can you still give 4 when you review it on the tablet
Because they were making sure it was either Naz's stick that hit him, or that it wasn't a follow through. How it hit him in the face doesn't matter (unless it's a follow thru), you have to be in control of your stick at all times.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sucks, but you still have to be in control of your stick.

Because they were making sure it was either Naz's stick that hit him, or that it wasn't a follow through. How it hit him in the face doesn't matter (unless it's a follow thru), you have to be in control of your stick at all times.
There has to be a limit to that, you'd think. Like on this one you can see Kadri take his hand off his stick, so he isn't necessarily putting full effort into avoiding the high stick, but I think it's pushing boundaries on what the spirit of the rule.

The point of the rule is to prevent players from creating dangerous situations by having their sticks up high. It seems like we've gotten away from that if we are rewarding a player for forcing two sticks up to head height.

Reactions: Straight Fire

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
There has to be a limit to that, you'd think. Like on this one you can see Kadri take his hand off his stick, so he isn't necessarily putting full effort into avoiding the high stick, but I think it's pushing boundaries on what the spirit of the rule.

The point of the rule is to prevent players from creating dangerous situations by having their sticks up high. It seems like we've gotten away from that if we are rewarding a player for forcing two sticks up to head height.
There should be limits to it, but they'll have to adjust the rule if they want that. High sticking is one of the very few calls that has no grey area

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've really started to feel dismay seeing the Kraken logo on the schedule. The games just always end up this way. Nothing really happening, and the game eventually decided by a bounce.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Ugly hockey tonight. Dump and chase with no sustained pressure.
Expect more of this. Tonight is much more what I've expected from this team than the 11 periods before tonight. We have a subpar offense, play tight checking defensive game, but our defense sucks enough that we'll give up more quality scoring opportunities than our opponents. Vladar is the only reason this is tied IMO, despite the low shot totals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad