C-137
Time for Waddell to get on the phone and bring Fantilli some help

In ideal world:

Marchenko - Monahan - Chinakhov
KJ - Fantilli - a new solid top 6 winger
Voronkov - Jenner - Sillinger
Olivier - Kuraly - Danforth

Scratch: JVR, ZAR
I don't think it's happening this year. Unless the absolute right deal comes across I think they will let it rock this season. It means more than likely adding another top 5-10 pick to either add to the system or use as a trade chip to find that top line guy. Hell with the cap expected to continue to rise they could go hard after a guy like Marner if he makes FA.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The team tried, but offense is a black hole. How to score if there are nominally Aston-Reese and Danforth in the second line, in the third Pyyhtiä and Olivier .That's AHL level, and even there, with the exception of Danforth, would not top 6. Which is understandable, Olivier and Aston-Reese have completely different tasks.

I like Chinakhov more and more. He is really a very good player. If he will be continue, can be an excellent two-way forward with stats about 70 points and 30 goals minimum.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I understand Fantilli needs better linemates, but he’s not playing too great himself. I don’t think I saw him notably carry the puck pretty much at all tonight. It feels like he’s still chasing the game a lot of the time.
I'd like to not see him get swarmed when he has the puck before I make this statement, but he hasn't been amazing, to put it nicely.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Just got through game recording; wasn’t necessarily a question of effort but very much a question of skill/ability. Minnesota had a game plan and the talent to enact it upon us without us really showing any real challenge to it. I expect losses like that this season unfortunately

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Full credit to Minnesota for playing a hard-checking textbook road game, they gave us nothing for free offensively. Maybe with better bounces we could've scored another goal or two but to me it seemed that every unit (top line included) was struggling to connect with some critical passes even though the effort level was great again.

I'd keep Pyyhtia on the 2nd or 3rd line when some injured forwards are ready to join the lineup. I think he's got enough speed, consistent puck management and hockey sense to build chemistry with other skill guys.

I wonder what are the key areas of focus and details in Fantilli's development plan this season (assuming there is a such plan). Aside from maybe not being a complete liability in d zone, so far he's looked as chaotic as ever, not really clicking with anyone offensively. Is he going to play center all year?

S1N4TR4

CBJ CBJ CBJ
Nov 15, 2013
That was really hard to watch. Couldnt do anything on the wild's end, and got stuck in ours.

yup. trying watching all 60 minutes of it in person.

tonight was my first game of the season and then my girlfriend’s first game ever.

I bought us tickets thursday night and didn’t envision the game going like this, at all.

brutal.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Full credit to Minnesota for playing a hard-checking textbook road game, they gave us nothing for free offensively. Maybe with better bounces we could've scored another goal or two but to me it seemed that every unit (top line included) was struggling to connect with some critical passes even though the effort level was great again.

I'd keep Pyyhtia on the 2nd or 3rd line when some injured forwards are ready to join the lineup. I think he's got enough speed, consistent puck management and hockey sense to build chemistry with other skill guys.

I wonder what are the key areas of focus and details in Fantilli's development plan this season (assuming there is a such plan). Aside from maybe not being a complete liability in d zone, so far he's looked as chaotic as ever, not really clicking with anyone offensively. Is he going to play center all year?
I think you overrate his hockey sense, but on the other hand, he's certainly better than Aston-Reese.

Fantilli played with JvR, Lebanc, Aston-Reese and Danforth. I don't think those are players that a technical player will have ideal chemistry with. It's just a shame they didn't try him with Johnson when Kent was fine.
Of course there are things that partners don't influence, that's where he needs to improve.

I would like:

Chinakhov /23/ - Monahan /30/ - Marchenko /24/
Voronkov /24/ - Fantilli /20/ - Johnson /22/
Pyyhtia /23/ - Sillinger /21/ - Danforth /31/
Aston-Reese /30/ - Kuraly /31/ - Olivier /27/

Jenner will return only in March and if we do not get good veterans I do not see any reason to play with JvR and Labanc.
Think, Brindley should play especially in the AHL this season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad