GDT: Gane 6/82 Canes @ Blues 6PM CST BSMW

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Great comeback win by The Blues, sparked by their younger players. I'm very satisfied with the change in their tone of play in this game - adding feistiness, and determination, and sustained hard work for the last 2 periods, and not letting their giving up the 2 Power Play goals to tie it back up, get them down. It's a good sign in this young season that we will have good things to look forward to with this team, whether or not they make it into The playoffs. Nice to see Broberg seeming to already be worth his overpay. Many Blues fans didn't think that would be happening until next season.And The Josephs are not only adding feistiness and Grit to this team's attitude and play, but they are helping with skill, too, which is something I was leery about. Good stuff happening! :D

Last edited:

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Great comeback win by The Blues, sparked by their younger players. I'm very satisfied with the change in their tone of play in this game - adding feistiness, and determination, and sustained hard work for the last 32 periods, and not letting their giving up the 2 Power Play goals to tie it back up, get them down. It's a good sign in this young season that we will have good things to look forward to with this team, whether or not they make it into The playoffs. Nice to see Broberg seeming to already be worth his overpay. Many Blues fans didn't think that would be happening until next season.And The Josephs are not only adding feistiness and Grit to this team's attitude and play, but they are helping with skill, too, which is something I was leery about. Good stuff happening!
only roster move i see is when sunny is ready

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
The thing I like about this team is there is equal parts youth and veteran leadership. I know Kyrou and Thomas have been playing and are established, but they are still 26 or younger. You've got Bolduc, Neighbours, Holloway, Broberg, Kessel, Hofer. When the vets are having a rough go of it, you have the young kids to spark something; when the kids are snake-bitten, the vets can pull through. It's made watching games more enjoyable because this year, for me at least, I'm not really too concerned with the score. I care about the fight and pushback when things aren't going their way. I don't think I've really felt like they haven't fought back even in a loss, and I think that's thanks to the overall culture right now and the players they've added to the roster and the bottom 6 they've built. Faksa is a good stable 4th line center, Walker is a sparkplug, Joseph is speedy and hounds, Holloway is very quick, hounds the puck, and he's shown really nice skill with the puck despite not having much to show for it.

This was a nice win even though we were heavily outplayed in the first and outplayed in the third, but to keep working even after the Canes tied says a lot about where they're at right now this early into the season. Not a great game, but a good win.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
only roster move i see is when sunny is ready
He'll help some, but then we'll have an over supply of worthy 3rd and 4th Liners. But that will be a good safety net in case of injuries (which always hit).

I really think that The Blues will sneak into The Playoffs this season, and I think that will be better atmosphere for this team, especially its young players to be developed in on The NHL level, than losing with no hope of reaching the playoffs, and getting a 4-6 places better position in the 2025 Draft. We've got too good a lineup to get into the Draft Lottery, so, better to make the playoffs, or even just miss it, because the young players would "grow up" in the pressured atmosphere of a playoff race, so, when they finally get in in the following year or 2, they'd already be somewhat used to playing in crucial games.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Still can’t believe Edm didn’t match for 2 up and coming stars who are 22/23 years old over 6.5 million dollars. That’s mind blowing to me.
They let it get to that point by trying to squeeze them for a couple hundred thousand. Which is hilarious when they sign 39yr old Corey Perry to a deal that pays almost $400k over league minimum before bonuses

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
They let it get to that point by trying to squeeze them for a couple hundred thousand. Which is hilarious when they sign 39yr old Corey Perry to a deal that pays almost $400k over league minimum before bonuses
And also signed Connor Brown because he's buddies with McDavid. Also felt the need to add BOTH Viktor Arvidsson and Jeff Skinner in free agency without having their own players locked up. Horrible mismanagement.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Just catching up on the game and viewing the highlights. This is a much more fun Blues team to watch!

What a steal this summer by Army for Holloway and Broberg!? But his other moves have also really given a much needed new energy to the team.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Crazy win after looking like it would be a blowout after the first. Love to see Kapanen silence the critics for one game at least and I thought Schenn was our best overall forward. He made good plays at both ends of the ice. Him, Joseph and Holloway was by far our best line.

Shaky game from Colt again. Luckily we could overcome that horrible delay of game penalty from the start of the third. Kyrou has been pretty ineffective since the first two games and Bolduc might need a stint in the AHL to find his game. He's almost invisible out there.

But a pretty impressive win against a team that's clearly more skilled than we are. Wondering if Hofer steals the crease from Binner if he keeps playing like this. Could be a 50/50 split at least.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Nice to see more than three goals scored; with NONE coming from the big-3.

If Joseph, Holloway, Neighbours, Bolduc, Saad and company can provide consistent depth scoring, the Blues should be able to stay in the hunt for the post-season with strong goaltending and better defense. There have been too many games where the team has struggled to score more than twice, but last night should give them some confidence. Let’s see if they can build on that. The odds of them winning when Thomas, Kyrou and Buchnevich aren’t leading the way have been pretty low the past couple of seasons. The team needs more games like last night to be a threat in the West.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Crazy win after looking like it would be a blowout after the first. Love to see Kapanen silence the critics for one game at least and I thought Schenn was our best overall forward. He made good plays at both ends of the ice. Him, Joseph and Holloway was by far our best line.

Shaky game from Colt again. Luckily we could overcome that horrible delay of game penalty from the start of the third. Kyrou has been pretty ineffective since the first two games and Bolduc might need a stint in the AHL to find his game. He's almost invisible out there.

But a pretty impressive win against a team that's clearly more skilled than we are. Wondering if Hofer steals the crease from Binner if he keeps playing like this. Could be a 50/50 split at least
Kyrou led the team in xG, shots, takeaways, and shot attempts in the game. By definition our most impactful forward. Hardly invisible. The puck just didn’t go in, he still generated plenty of offense.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

But a pretty impressive win against a team that's clearly more skilled than we are. Wondering if Hofer steals the crease from Binner if he keeps playing like this. Could be a 50/50 split at least.
Kapanen getting 11-12min is infinitely better than him getting 15-16min.

I personally wouldn’t mind running a more tandem approach, helps Hofer grow as the future starter and keeps Binny fresher throughout the season.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Kyrou led the team in xG, shots, takeaways, and shot attempts in the game. By definition our most impactful forward. Hardly invisible. The puck just didn’t go in, he still generated plenty of offense.
Exactly. I don't see how somebody can defend Kyrou's play last season and look at last night's game as a minus. He's doing exactly what we need from him and that's making a positive impact even when he's not tickling the twine. Last night was a plus defensive game for Kyrou.

There have been several plays this season where our forward rushes back and strips the puck to kill a rush and creates one the opposite way quickly. Each play I've thought: "Was that Kyrou?!"

It happened last night as well. I don't know how his takeaways this season compare to the past but it feels like he's gone from being a player you say "Well, it looks like he's trying harder on defense," to actually making a significant impact.

Maybe that's anecdotal because it's what I want to see happen, but I feel like he's been more impactful when we don't have possession.

Reactions: OSA

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I'm taking credit for the Broberg to Holloway goal. Right before the game I set the erg to 8106 (meters) and rowed hard, then told my Canes friend before the game Broberg to Holloway was happening. And then reminded him later during the game

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Take that canes player number who pulled a cheap shot there and put it in your back pocket for the game @ carolina. If he is not playing, take a nice run at their goaltender.

Eye for a eye.

I think eye for an eye would be going after svechnikov, not a goalie.
Still can’t believe Edm didn’t match for 2 up and coming stars who are 22/23 years old over 6.5 million dollars. That’s mind blowing to me.

Shit like that is why even with McDavid they're still a joke of a franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad