GDT: Gane 6/82 Canes @ Blues 6PM CST BSMW

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Take that canes player number who pulled a cheap shot there and put it in your back pocket for the game @ carolina. If he is not playing, take a nice run at their goaltender.

Eye for a eye.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Good for Kappy. Game winner. I hope he gets more confidence. He has the skill and speed. He just needs to go for it.
He just needs to play consistently most of the time. He can look like an all star on one play, then look like he's sleeping on the next five, followed by another excellent-looking play, and 3 plays back to sleeping.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
My Rod the bod story….

We use to work out at Turners gym in Manchester together. We’d spot each other occasionally… I knew the owner George Turner pretty well. I told him the Blues have some good young players with good potential, like Brindamour, Zezel, Hrcas etc. He said to me, well, here’s what I think about potential… You can put a piece of shit in one hand and potential in the other, put them both together and what do you have? LOL, I always wondered wtf that meant.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
My Rod the bod story….

We use to work out at Turners gym in Manchester together. We’d spot each other occasionally… I knew the owner George Turner pretty well. I told him the Blues have some good young players with good potential, like Brindamour, Zezel, Hrcas etc. He said to me, well, here’s what I think about potential… You can put a piece of shit in one hand and potential in the other, put them both together and what do you have? LOL, I always wondered wtf that meant.
i think i heard it as shit in 1 hand and wish in the other ... but yeah lol idk

Reactions: Mike Liut

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Lol I liked how burns is still getting his ass handed to him by us. Like how are you gonna let Kapanen do you like that? Kapanen of all people lol
That was a perfectly executed stretch pass that Kapanen timed perfectly and reached streaking past both defenders, and then he made no mistake on the shot, slowing down just enough, and without warning, lifting it above the goalie. There wasn't much any of The Canes could have done on that play. When the offensive team (who knows exactly what they will do, and executes it with perfect timing), the defenders have no idea how far the pass will go, and when and where the streaking forward will pick it up. IF he times it perfectly, and picks it up in stride at full speed, it's too far ahead of the defenders. Meanwhile, the goalie has to guess when the puckhandling forward on the breakaway will make his move, and keep from reacting to it IF it's a fake (e.g. guess right), be in correct position to block it (again guessing right), and hope the shooter can't adjust to HIS correct blocking movement. A LOT has to go right for the defending team once the stretch pass is picked up past the defencemen. A save by the goalie in such instances is a really great play, or the shooters has flubbed the play by skating too fast, or losing puck control, or the goalie has guessed perfectly correctly (maybe one chance in 4 or 5).

The only way the defencemen (e. g. Burns) could have stopped Kapanen from doing that, was to anticipate the stretch pass (only one chance out of several things the puckholder could have decided to do), or to commit a penalty by hitting Kapanen on his way to retrieving the puck (interference). Once Kapanen picked up the puck in full stride, Kappy was too far ahead for Burns, or the other Cane, to pull him down or hold him.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad