Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We have a lot of 25-28’s on this team. And a couple 30’s. A fair number of those guys are on two way contracts and will be in Hershey. 2 of the new guys are two way as well iirc. In short, i worry about prospects getting enough time. That said, I bitched about that last year too and it worked out ok.

Interesting note on #21, Ryan Leibold. He is also a former Little Cap / Ashburn kid. It’s really cool to see some WLC get shots in Hershey.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
We have a lot of 25-28’s on this team. And a couple 30’s. A fair number of those guys are on two way contracts and will be in Hershey. 2 of the new guys are two way as well iirc. In short, i worry about prospects getting enough time. That said, I bitched about that last year too and it worked out ok.

Interesting note on #21, Ryan Leibold. He is also a former Little Cap / Ashburn kid. It’s really cool to see some WLC get shots in Hershey.
The only prospects who will fight for time are Funk, Hofer and Suzdalev. The rest should be regulars in the lineup. This is one of the lull years where the majority of the big prospects either graduated or are on the verge of graduation. There should be an influx of young guys next year.

Reactions: Kazer

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The only prospects who will fight for time are Funk, Hofer and Suzdalev. The rest should be regulars in the lineup. This is one of the lull years where the majority of the big prospects either graduated or are on the verge of graduation. There should be an influx of young guys next year.
I'm thinking we'll have Miro for large chunks of the year.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
That is about right. Hofer got squeezed out last year. he needs to earn it this year. Same for Sudz. Funk may get the squeeze.

But players like Saulinger are two-way players who are going to be in the lineup. many others are AHL vets at 25-28. Dee looks even older and more shackled. It’s more that i want to see more developing youth in Hershey where competition are between 22-and 25 year olds. Not 27-32 with prospects on the doorstep.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey playing right now against WBS. Preseason matinee. Funk and Suzdalev in the lineup today. Not a lot of big names for the first preseason game

Reactions: usiel

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Bit of a barnburner second period. 4-2 Bears, will be starting the third on the PK. Finally capitalized on a couple PPs late in the period (they've had six). Goals by Iorio, Frank (x2, both PP) and Trineyev (beautiful top shelf snipe)

Reactions: usiel

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Bear looks bad
I saw him make one lazy play and turned it over early but outside of that I thought he was really good tonight and even added a goal. Multiple times I watched him individually strip the puck from guys and start the transition the other way.

Some other thoughts.

Iorio looked really good replacing Mac on the top pairing. Scored a goal, had a couple other high danger chances and was pretty good in both ends

Miro looked good, should have had a goal if not for a outrageous stop on him. Couldn't believe it didn't go in. Think poor mans "the save." Outside of that he was all over the place. Had a really cool spinorama style backhand pass that almost resulted in a goal.

Trineyev with a good showing, nice goal from him but overall a really solid game on the boards and he was generating chances all night. That 4th line just plays so well together. He screams future NHLer to me. The way he plays the game is so mature for his age.

Not sure how they're going to get all these guys games. So much talent. Oh and banner ceremony was cool. Loved that they let Stromer bring out the cup. We sat in different seats tonight so we could be on the banner raising side. Felt weird but it was solid.

1000008010.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad