Prospect Info: Henrik Borgström (2016, #23 overall), Univ. of Denver (NCAA), signed ELC on 3/26/2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Just the way he grips his stick when shooting makes it hard to anticipate. It’s almost a golf swing as a wrist shot.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
3 points tonight. He needs more love on the main boards. I couldn't even find a thread about him in the prospects section that has been posted in recently. For a top five prospect in the game, that is surprising.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018

For easier replay watching

he actually didnt touch it when it was in the air. the goalie poke checked it and it flew up and over him. tough to tell on the replay u posted but theres another that shows it from overhead. still the move to get it there was awesome. reminds me of his prettiest goal ever from his rookie season. same footwork and fake. really want him up for the playoff run. also, any idea why finland didnt choose him for their olympic roster if hes NHL ready?

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
3 points tonight. He needs more love on the main boards. I couldn't even find a thread about him in the prospects section that has been posted in recently. For a top five prospect in the game, that is surprising.

He's a Florida prospect, Heiskanen has been killing it in Liiga this year but he's a Dallas prospect and the same thing. It's sad but just something that's going to happen.

I'd say he's a top10 prospect, his age affects his ceiling in comparison to others though.
Pettersson/Heiskanen/Tolvanen/Vesalainen/Dahlin are better prospects than Borgstrom.

Reactions: Beezeral

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I'm not really sure. Like always, projections are not linear and ceilings are just personal expectations based on something from others in the past. I like Borgstrom more than Vesalainen at this point for example. The position, the evident raw skill and shot does not leave behind, similar size and already playing in a small rink. Give me Borgstrom over Vesalainen most of the time.
Yeah, me too, Borgstrom over Vesalainen. Also, I was considering NHL drafted only prospects was Dahlin is out. To me the best prospect are Pettersson, Heiskanen, Tolvanen, Borgstrom and Mittelsdadt

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
He's a Florida prospect, Heiskanen has been killing it in Liiga this year but he's a Dallas prospect and the same thing. It's sad but just something that's going to happen.
Tolvanen is a Nashville prospect but he's being hyped to death. From the looks of it, it isn't Preds fans doing it but Finnish guys rooting for their countryman.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Denver seems really hyped about him.

Is there any way to watch their games online or re-watch past games? Hard to say much about him without seeing complete games.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tolvanen is a Nashville prospect but he's being hyped to death. From the looks of it, it isn't Preds fans doing it but Finnish guys rooting for their countryman.

He broke the KHL record and went to Olympics, Nashville making the finals doesn''t hurt either.

Or Tolvanen dropping at the draft.

I'm not really sure. Like always, projections are not linear and ceilings are just personal expectations based on something from others in the past. I like Borgstrom more than Vesalainen at this point for example. The position, the evident raw skill and shot does not leave behind, similar size and already playing in a small rink. Give me Borgstrom over Vesalainen most of the time.

Vesalainen is already having better season than Borgstom at 18y, close to ppg is elite, truly elite in Finnish league, then add the age factor and he's ahead of Borg.

They are the same height but play a different game.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
He broke the KHL record and went to Olympics, Nashville making the finals doesn''t hurt either.

Or Tolvanen dropping at the draft.

Vesalainen is already having better season than Borgstom at 18y, close to ppg is elite, truly elite in Finnish league, then add the age factor and he's ahead of Borg.

They are the same height but play a different game.

Never knew you were finnish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad