Prospect Info: Henrik Borgström (2016, #23 overall), Univ. of Denver (NCAA), signed ELC on 3/26/2018

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If I was Dale, I would have a max ELC offer ready for the moment his agent calls. 1st year be damned.

He is a special talent, the faster he can be gauged against the worlds best, the better.

Anyone but Vrbata.

And when Malgin and Vatrano get healthy, our top 9 is actually nice

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Calling it now by the end of the season

Dadonov Barkov Borgstrom
Huberdeau Trocheck Malgin
McGinn McCann Bjugstad
Haley MacKenzie Sceviour

Mamin Brickley some ghost :naughty:

No roster limit in the playoff too IIRC

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
If I was Dale, I would have a max ELC offer ready for the moment his agent calls. 1st year be damned.

He is a special talent, the faster he can be gauged against the worlds best, the better.

He's absolutely getting a max ELC, if we even consider offering anything less, that's a joke.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Calling it now by the end of the season

Dadonov Barkov Borgstrom
Huberdeau Trocheck Malgin
McGinn McCann Bjugstad
Haley MacKenzie Sceviour

Mamin Brickley some ghost :naughty:

No roster limit in the playoff too IIRC

I could be mistaken, but roster players needed to be signed by 12pm on the Monday that passed (trade deadline day), in order to be eligible for the playoffs.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I could be mistaken, but roster players needed to be signed by 12pm on the Monday that passed (trade deadline day), in order to be eligible for the playoffs.

Not sure it applies to college players, but Ill leave that to others who are more familiar.

I know Charlie Mcavoy played for the Broons last year and he was an NCAA dude. He signed his deal April 10th.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Not sure it applies to college players, but Ill leave that to others who are more familiar.

I know Charlie Mcavoy played for the Broons last year and he was an NCAA dude. He signed his deal April 10th.

i only could remember from shore Time. Shore was signed is Entry Lvl contract on the March 27th, 2012 and played in the same Season AHL PO, same count for Howden, not ure if this count also for the NHL.
Also when we reach pass the 1 st Round and he play more then 10 games that must mean 1 Year of his contract get burned.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Every team has a reserve list, which includes all the prospects/RFAs (or some? not 100% sure..) that team has. As long as Borg is on our reserve list, he's eligible to play in the playoffs, though that would mean burning the first year of his ELC.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Every team has a reserve list, which includes all the prospects/RFAs (or some? not 100% sure..) that team has. As long as Borg is on our reserve list, he's eligible to play in the playoffs, though that would mean burning the first year of his ELC.

And with a possible second Expansion Draft 20/21 burning a Year on a 3 Year entry Draft would make no sense.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
f we don't get Kovy/Gusev maybe Borgstrom can fill in the first and we can get help directly from Mascherin/Tippett to compensate. Or perhaps the beast will be on a roll for the rest of the season and we don't need to change anything, just get Borgsrom. :sarcasm: We have absolutely no reason to buy high on someone like Pac when he could be signed in the summer '19 as well for free.

Depch i put it in here. For Borgstrom is better he the a huge Amount of Ice Time, cause later or sooner he will go into that Role. That is what is max LvL is lowest expectation on him are Top6 player.
I dont like to see that kind of Player skate on the Ice like Mammin 7-10 Minute on the Ice each or some Nights. You can see it on McCoshen all your talent brings you nothing if you doesn´t get the Icetime you need.
So i see Borgstrom on TopLine or when it goes like you think give him more time. You give him Top Line center in the AHL Team, with other Top Prospect and at some Veteran Winger for 1 year what brings the Team nothing or mid term 3+ years. But for my self i have not the feeling seeing Borgstrom 3 Years in the AHL.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Frozen four is in early April

That's what I thought too. I checked Denver's website and went off this schedule they had posted saying it's in mid March? Is the Frozen Faceoff championship different from the actual frozen four? You can tell I'm not a huge college hockey guy.

Screenshot_20180303-083753.png

Last edited:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
A goal and assist through 40mins tonight. Tied his 43pts from last year in 5 fewer games, he has 4 periods left to add to it. Dream scenario is him winning another championship and then coming to Florida mid to late March. :crossfing
I actually expected him to have more points by now. the way he started the year was crazy. he had 2 ppg at the 11 game mark. I thought he was gonna heponiemi the ncaa. oh well. still awesome.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
That's what I thought too. I checked Denver's website and went off this schedule they had posted saying it's in mid March? Is the Frozen Faceoff championship different from the actual frozen four? You can tell I'm not a huge college hockey guy.

View attachment 101955

Check out my latest thoughts article on COTP...Frozen Faceoff is the name of the conference championship tournament (only for the NCHC teams). Frozen Four is for the NCAA tournament (where all the conferences come together and play each other).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Check out my latest thoughts article on COTP...Frozen Faceoff is the name of the conference championship tournament (only for the NCHC teams). Frozen Four is for the NCAA tournament (where all the conferences come together and play each other).

Ok so say in April, can he come here even if he doesn't play but to be around/meet the team and work out? Can he practice with the team and not play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad