HBO Parts 1 & 2 Discussion - *SPOILERS* All 24/7 Talk Here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I like how the 1st episode didn't really focus on making players look like wierd idiots (like Bryzgalov) but instead focused on actual character and charisma. However, Howard is blatantly going to be this years "Bryzgalov", dude is just awkward as hell.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
that scene made me cringe. it seemed like they were forced to talk about him. the convo didn't flow at all. :laugh:

also i got the feeling that some of those guys didnt even hang out with eachother before, almost as if they just decided to go out since they knew HBO was coming along, that is probably why there wasnt much talk going on between them

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I realy do not get the appeal of 24/7. It's not like fans are going to get any real insight to the inner workings of the team. Players know the cameras are there, so just how real is it?? Hide the cameras and then we might see something.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I realy do not get the appeal of 24/7. It's not like fans are going to get any real insight to the inner workings of the team. Players know the cameras are there, so just how real is it?? Hide the cameras and then we might see something.

I understand where you coming from but to each is own. I like to see the players lifestyle, hot wives ;), heck even interested knowing whether Carlyle likes Almond butter on his toast!

I enjoyed the players show emotions on-ice and mic’d up (“you mother-****er” -Lupul) and off-ice (“46 yrs? I can only apologize for the last 3 I’ve been here” –Lupul), etc.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of censoring by Sportsnet.

I initially thought it was going to feel like watching Goodfellas on A&E.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Bbn6BtdCcAAGqkQ.jpg

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Don't know if you've watched any of the other seasons of this show... But to make your decision off of this episode is pretty weak.

All the other seasons have been quite good, I expect this one to be the same for a few reasons:

1. This first episode was a background/intro to the teams, only so creative you can get with that

2. Players probably felt awkward with the cameras, I would expect thing a to get a little more candid as the series goes on and players forget they're there or get used to them

3. Hbo producers probably still figuring out who the interesting, quotable characters are... There's some interesting guys on both sides that I imagine would put Dion/Alfie to shame

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013

Well, I thought it was awesome seeing the planes and player meals and stuff, and the leafs lounge with carlyle. Lupuls injury part was interesting and so was alfie's part.

I was pretty intrigued and impressed throughout the entire show.

All of these we never see. Ever.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Don't know if you've watched any of the other seasons of this show... But to make your decision off of this episode is pretty weak.All the other seasons have been quite good, I expect this one to be the same for a few reasons:

1. This first episode was a background/intro to the teams, only so creative you can get with that

2. Players probably felt awkward with the cameras, I would expect thing a to get a little more candid as the series goes on and players forget they're there or get used to them

3. Hbo producers probably still figuring out who the interesting, quotable characters are... There's some interesting guys on both sides that I imagine would put Dion/Alfie to shame

You know what they say when you ASSUME something.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
In the heat of the moment, ie. the middle of the game (between periods) trust me, the players and coaching are not acting. You think Joffrey Lupul fought because he knew the cameras were watching? Do you think Mike Babcock comes into the lockerroom and gives an inspiring speech to fire up his troops to try to impress the viewers?

Nope, that **** (the important ****) is real.

wulfio*

Alright, embarassing question but... What exactly does "feeding the chickens" mean? What did Randolph Carlyle mean?

He was saying jones was giving up rebounds like you spray chicken feed. But that the leafs weren't picking up the rebounds. ie. feed the chickens.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
You know what they say when you ASSUME something.

Huh?

You just said you didn't get the appeal of 24/7, because the format couldn't possibly give you any additional insight.

Except that in the last two versions of this series it's been jam packed with scenes that have created buzz.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He was saying jones was giving up rebounds like you spray chicken feed. But that the leafs weren't picking up the rebounds. ie. feed the chickens.

Wouldn't that make the Leafs the chickens?

Carlyle: "Become one with the chickens. Be the chicken"

Team: "Bawk bawk bawk!" as they loudly leave the dressing room to return to the ice.

wulfio*

Wouldn't that make the Leafs the chickens?

Carlyle: "Become one with the chickens. Be the chicken"

Team: "Bawk bawk bawk!" as they loudly leave the dressing room to return to the ice.

you're definitely over analyzing.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Alright, embarassing question but... What exactly does "feeding the chickens" mean? What did Randolph Carlyle mean?

He's probably referring to creating tons of rebounds and then scrambling after those rebounds like chicken on chicken feed.

Feed the chickens = make more rebound opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad