HBO Parts 1 & 2 Discussion - *SPOILERS* All 24/7 Talk Here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Just watched first episode. Pretty good i must say.

What is the schedule for the episodes

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Every Saturday at 10pm (HBO) and Sportsnet airs the episode the day after. I believe there are 4 episodes in all.

I think episode 1 did a really good job of enticing the viewer and laying a foundation. Let's see what episode 2 has in store.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
I'm loving the other fantards from the rest of the league trumpeting the false narrative that Phaneuf is a "******."

Phaneuf was in a bad mood after being suspended for two games. What an absolutely unlikable person, am I right guys?

Heh, just fascinating. I can't wait until Phaneuf stifles Crosby tomorrow. Pittsburgh fans will have legitimate reason to find him unlikable tomorrow.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The Red Wings dinner convo was almost scripted. Pretty bad.

Yeah, you can tell HBO made them talk about it. People forget this is just like any reality/documentary show. The producers are there and they have a checklist of things they want covered storytelling-wise. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were like, "hey guys, maybe you should throw something in about Datsyuk!"

There was a really obvious one of these last year with one of the Bryz segments that only I seemed to notice.

1:04

"-robotically- there was no HBO in my room, what about yours?"

Brutal.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'm loving the other fantards from the rest of the league trumpeting the false narrative that Phaneuf is a "******."

Phaneuf was in a bad mood after being suspended for two games. What an absolutely unlikable person, am I right guys?

Heh, just fascinating. I can't wait until Phaneuf stifles Crosby tomorrow. Pittsburgh fans will have legitimate reason to find him unlikable tomorrow.

Right? How dare someone be upset they just lost many thousand dollars and are unable to play with the people that are essentially a second family and for an organization that has fostered him to grow as a player?

Randy joking around with the camera at breakfast was kinda odd...

He kind of reminds me of that uncle that thinks he's funny but he really isn't.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I think episode 1 did a really good job of enticing the viewer and laying a foundation. Let's see what episode 2 has in store.

I agree. The series isn't about some random bunch of clips strung together. Every team has a narrative and it only makes sense that you use that first episode to begin that narrative. The series is more for hockey fans but you also want to put together a product that a casual observer watching the series can follow. Everyone loved the Pens/Caps series and I think that series was made purely for how incredible the Caps struggles were leading up to their outdoor game..and all of the behind the scenes drama that went along with all of their losing. If Detroit wants to assume that role for the sake of making the series more entertaining for other fanbases, then they're more than welcome but I prefer if our team avoided that kind of story.

I read the comments before seeing the episode and I was expecting much worse. He didn't ignore the cameras, he didn't lay F bombs, he didn't show any aggression. The only thing he did was make it obvious what a stupid question was being asked of him. He's the captain of his team that is currently struggling and he gets suspended for 2 games. His reaction shouldn't be happy. People love the series because it's a real behind the scenes look - well that was a real reaction from a player. He was pissed. If he wasn't visibly pissed he probably would have been criticized for being a poor captain for not showing enough emotion after putting his team down a D man for two games.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Found an uncensored download in HD, really enjoyed the first episode other than reliving game 7. I looked away when they aired it, still haven't rewatched those highlights :(

Carlyle looked a little awkward when he was joking around with the camera during the toaster scene and the Red Wings circle jerk about Datsyuk at the restaurant was a bit forced but overall it was pretty good.

I disliked that they left out the Dallas game in order to promote the theme of struggle that both teams are undergoing. Also, why in the ****ing world would they skip the Sens game (arguably our biggest rivalry) to film a fairly meaningless Red Wings game against the Panthers? It doesn't make sense.

wulfio*

Phaneuf is quite possibly the most boring person that has ever existed.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I think we finally found out why the home crowd is so borrowing
or is it the other way around.

also, bertuzzi is a lonely, lonely man....and possibly an alcoholic

best part was when Babcock said "we haven't won the cup since 08" lol, and he meant it

780rx

May 4, 2013
With lupuls game against chicago I bet he'll star the next episode as well.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
No!!!! They took down the youtube link for episode 1 on page 9... I knew I should have watched it yesterday.

Does anyone have a private youtube link or something they can PM me?

Kyle Doobas*

Anyone know how/where you access this on hockeystreams

I can't see anything other than billy saying it will be covered.
Go to 'Calendar', pick Saturday the 14th, 'HBO' should be under 'Browse by League'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad