TV: HBO: Euphoria

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I dont believe you can realistically argue that the show glorifies these things simply by reading the synopsis.

KIDS didn't realistically glorify drug use either but I had plenty of classmates who seemed to view it as instructional viewing on how to be a cool skater punk.

Maybe I will give the show a chance, but teenagers being trashy is the kind of thing that has zero appeal to me.

Last edited:

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Because it is beautiful people doing illicit things. Im just reading the wikipedia synopsis and evidently MJ from Spider-Man is a heavy drug user. Every episode is all about sex and drugs.

I just find it so absurd that smoking a cigarette on screen has become the ultimate Hollywood taboo but teenagers abusing every other kind of drug is all just a part of "Peak TV" :rolleyes:
Nothing worse than people who don't even watch/read something but feel the need to tell everyone their feelings about the "content" when they have no context of what the show really is.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Nothing worse than people who don't even watch/read something but feel the need to tell everyone their feelings about the "content" when they have no context of what the show really is.

Surely there are worse things in this world than that.

I didn’t need to watch 13 Reasons Why to know that it was glamorizing suicide. All I had to do was know the premise and then wait for the stats.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Surely there are worse things in this world than that.

I didn’t need to watch 13 Reasons Why to know that it was glamorizing suicide. All I had to do was know the premise and then wait for the stats.
What in the premise of Euphoria implies it glorifies violence, sex, and drug use?

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
7 minutes into the pilot and I'm crying blood after subjecting my eyes to this amount of EDGE.

Couldn't get into Skins either in high school. All the suburban kids I knew loved that **** though, so maybe these shows aren't for hood babies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Watched EP 1. Entertaining and highly disturbing at the same time. Might be right when someone said too realistic like I'd prefer not to know..

I'd say this show is closer to the Movie Kids than Project X (no, not the one with the monkeys)

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess that was a reminder that this show is ultimately about Rue and her tribulations.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They didn't wrap that much up with other characters. Cassie got an abortion, Kat and Ethan got together. That was about it. No idea what happened to Fez, Jules, Nate, Maddy. Lexi hasn't really had anything going on even though Maude Apatow has had fairly high billing. I guessing they shot other endings in case season 2 wasn't picked up.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
That last episode was not very good. Feels like they ran out of time to properly conclude the season.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
They didn't wrap that much up with other characters. Cassie got an abortion, Kat and Ethan got together. That was about it. No idea what happened to Fez, Jules, Nate, Maddy. Lexi hasn't really had anything going on even though Maude Apatow has had fairly high billing. I guessing they shot other endings in case season 2 wasn't picked up.

I was really hoping for them to wrap up everything and not kick it down the road for another season. This is the kinda show where I think keeping these characters stories confined to one season would work a lot better than dragging them out. If they really want a season 2...go the true detective/ahs route and tell a new story with new people.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was really hoping for them to wrap up everything and not kick it down the road for another season. This is the kinda show where I think keeping these characters stories confined to one season would work a lot better than dragging them out. If they really want a season 2...go the true detective/ahs route and tell a new story with new people.

Well, you could do that but you basically have a line of mini-series. They didn't have big enough star power to bother doing that. Look at the people they get for True Detective, or Sharp Objects.

There are people who think Rue is dead, apparently. I guess I know how they could come to that conclusion. The end functioned as a music video, it just took Rue to that place she's been trying to find without drugs.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
After the shock of the 1st episode pretty good series. It's shot very well and you can connect well with the characters even though most of them are fairly messed up. Music and visuals are really good. Did not care for the finale, could have left us with a bit more of something.

Rue is a great character and the previous episode when she spent the entire show in her bedroom was much better.

The kid drug dealer is amazing by the way.. where did he go.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yikes, that was a pretty horrible finale. And that last 10 minutes I was bored out of my mind, even started to fast forward the last 2 minutes then it just ended. Instead of that terrible 10 minutes with Rue doing who knows what, how about wrapping up the other characters a bit?

I know Rue is the main character but truthfully, I found every other persons story more entertaining. It was a snoozefest most of the time when she was on.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yikes, that was a pretty horrible finale. And that last 10 minutes I was bored out of my mind, even started to fast forward the last 2 minutes then it just ended. Instead of that terrible 10 minutes with Rue doing who knows what, how about wrapping up the other characters a bit?

I know Rue is the main character but truthfully, I found every other persons story more entertaining. It was a snoozefest most of the time when she was on.

I think she's the best character on screen but her story in terms of what happens to her is not all that interesting. Can she stay clean, can she get her girl or get over depression?

I hate long drawn out dream/hallucination sequences where the director can be all artsy but really serves no other purpose.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm pretty sure the finale was done with them expecting not to be picked up for Season 2 with everything in the show. It could be interpreted that Rue died with her in the audience while her mom was giving the speech at her funeral? They could have cut parts out like Fez getting killed by Mouse and just leaving the loose ending. Maddy snitching on Nate pops. I didn't like the finale but knowing this I could see how it could have all ended right there but also leaving it open to carry on with Season 2. Imo this means Season 2 will suck since they were only planning for one season but who knows.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Anyone watch the first episode special?

Just got around to watching it and I just have to say I really enjoyed it.

Just two people, talking to each other for over 50 mins about real deep shit, that I think everyone should hear. Never seen a type of episode like this before.[\spoiler]

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We’re back. I need to go watch the 2 stand alone episodes again, I did see them when they aired.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Looks like theyre gunna give what the fans want and provide a lot more Fez and Lexi content this season haha. Man the visuals and soundtrack for this show just continue to be top notch.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Sam Levinson's direction in this show is absolutely impeccable - few shows aspire to this calibre of cinematography and attention to detail with the camera.

Regarding the episode: I just feel so much dread for most of these characters - though, for as much as I am afraid of what bad things may be coming to Fez this season, what he did to Nate was as satisfying as watching Max Domi KO Ryan Kesler.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobby9 and Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad