Confirmed with Link: Hawks to play in next year's winter classic - 24/7 Type Show on EPIX

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Don't care at all about the game itself (we're so spoiled, aren't we?) but really, really excited for 24/7. Hopefully they do it.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hawks-Blues at Busch would have been more fun

Yeah...but I'm more than happy with this. Remember, we're second into the game (i.e. it was given to the Caps at first instance)...so I'm just glad we were the team the NHL picked to join them.

The reality is the Winter Classic is essentially a t.v. event on NYD meant to attract a mass audience...so the NHL is always going to pick teams with the objective of maximizing the audience.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hawks-Blues at Busch would have been more fun

I'm still holding out hope that we get that eventually.

But hey, this could still be decent. And, truth be told, if the Hawks/Canes game in Raleigh doesn't work with my schedule to visit family out in North Carolina, planning around New Year's for a roadie up to D.C. from there wouldn't be all that bad of an idea.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Don't care at all about the game itself (we're so spoiled, aren't we?) but really, really excited for 24/7. Hopefully they do it.

Basically how I feel about it. It's hard to get super pumped about a game against Washington for crying out loud but 24/7 is gonna be awesome. I just hope we aren't more boring than Detroit.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
A deal has been finalized for Nationals Park to host the 2015 Winter Classic on Jan. 1, sources tell me and @mikedebonis.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The Winter Classic is good for 2 things: HBO 24/7 and WC Jerseys. HBO hasn't aired yet and the Jerseys haven't been revealed.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not too surprised that it's probably going to be Nats Park. I figured it'd be the venue unless the Nats had an issue with the plan.

And as I already said in this topic months back, I'm hoping for something like this being our sweater choice:

BrandonCockeram-CHI3rd.png

Modern take on what we wore in the '40s and early '50s.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Big deal. Big cash grab for owners. Big hype for nothing. Inferior hockey game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Caps will be unveiling their Winter Classic in a couple weeks on the 23rd.

Hope we don't have to wait much longer for the Hawks to unveil their's.

And considering that the Caps already wear their retros as a third, would the bottom two be new age retro enough for them to wear in the Winter Classic?

Capitals18.png

Martin Riggs

You wanna see crazy?
Jan 27, 2014
LAPD- Homicide
Caps will be unveiling their Winter Classic in a couple weeks on the 23rd.

Hope we don't have to wait much longer for the Hawks to unveil their's.

And considering that the Caps already wear their retros as a third, would the bottom two be new age retro enough for them to wear in the Winter Classic?

Capitals18.png

I could see the blue one as a possiblity but I think it will be their original red uniform. They already wear their original white ones as a third so they could just use those pants and gloves.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Yeah, in all likelyhood they go with the red version of the alternate. Maybe then keep it and fade out the current set, because those are pretty crappy anyway.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I sort of expected 24/7 to be a farce with McD anywhere near it, so this is kind of meh for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad