Confirmed with Link: Hawks to play in next year's winter classic - 24/7 Type Show on EPIX

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
What the ****? I don't even care about the game now. How are the Hawks in the Classic twice and get passed over each time.

I am actually really pissed about this.

Yeah, I know. It's the best part of the whole thing. Even if the show is micromanaged by the team, you still get to see inside the players houses, their families, their lives off the ice, etc.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
No loss for me on the 24/7. I had Caps tickets when they did theirs, and had access to some inside talks, presentations, etc, and numerous Caps execs said the HBO series, while fun, was a big distraction. In fact the Caps epic 8 or 9 game losing streak was during the run of the show.

Hawks can concentrate on the game now, get two points and take care of business. It's fun, and I certainly plan on going being here in the DC area, but it doesn't need to be a sideshow.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I never watched 24/7 but probably would have if the Hawks were to be on it. Any chance the NHL Network does something similar since HBO is out?

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
It was starting to become boring. The teams and NHL don't allow any sort of personality from the players and if they have any they get criticized. But I am sure there will be some substitute.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Its gonna be the NHL's awful revealed ****, guaranteed. Showtime would be "all access", highly doubt thatll happen.

Also liev shrieber is infinitely better than the dick from the revealed series or Common from all access.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Hawks are the least likely team to ever let anything "candid" on TV anyway.

Still. :( I was looking forward to this.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Its probably NHL Revealed on NBCSN. The guy who did the original 24/7s and did NHL Revealed works for NBCSN now I think.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I was really looking forward to 24/7. It better not be super lame this year. I wish they would allow you to see more without narration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad