Hawks of Yesteryear Part II - Madden AHL 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Anyone who ***** on the vermette trade is absolutely clueless.

We gave up a bottom pairing defender and the 30th pick in the draft to acquire someone we more than likely don't win the cup without. Insanely small price to pay for that payoff.

More than likely is an understatement. I'd guarantee we don't win the SC without Vermette. He had what? Like 4 GWG's in the final two rounds? Was 60% at the dot through the playoffs. And had the same amount of goals in the final against TB as Stamkos, Kane, and Toews combined in the series, both of which were GWG's...

Yeah, I'd say it's almost guaranteed that the Hawks don't win the SC without him in 2015. Anyone who thinks otherwise is completely brain dead.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Stan is 1/2 with his Trade Deadline-gambles paying off in the form of winning a Cup. I'll happily take those odds. Especially at such relatively minimal cost to the org.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Stan is 1/2 with his Trade Deadline-gambles paying off in the form of winning a Cup. I'll happily take those odds. Especially at such relatively minimal cost to the org.

The cost is even lower considering our track record with being able to pick players out of euro leagues to sign to Elcs such as Panarin, kempny, Rasmussen, Gustafsson, etc, it really makes the sting of trading away a late first rounder a lot lighter when you think you have a good shot at a cup.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So he elevated his **** talking, good for him.

He's a crappy hockey player, who had a good run in MTL and made his money. What he has been this year is what he is, a 4th liner who can be easily replaced, and was.

You're not backhandedly saying that Stan screwed up are you? No, didn't think so... but by defending our bone head coach yet again that's exactly what you are doing.

Can't wait for this spin.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You're not backhandedly saying that Stan screwed up are you? No, didn't think so... but by defending our bone head coach yet again that's exactly what you are doing.

Can't wait for this spin.

It's pretty obvious Stan made a blunder by making that trade. You can't win them all, and when gambling at the deadline it's more likely you lose than win.

I liked the trade at the time, but neither of those players did squat for this team, and it wasn't because of the coach, it was because they sucked.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Neither player sucked, Jesus. They were depth guys.

Some may recall that Fleishmann was pretty good down the stretch; some here were talking about extending him another year. He fizzled in the PO's as did most of the Hawk team.

Weise always was an outsider looking in ... can't blame him for expressing his frustration. We all know that Q is a dope when it comes to roster management. Weise comes into the PO's totally unprepared with an unfamiliar team and who was given no chance whatsoever to build an iota of chemistry ... but undaunted Q puts him in the line-up. And let's not forget the brilliant decisions to play Gus and Bladder with the season on the line. DOH!

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Flash is still a FA apparently, didn't sign in any european league.

Gus and Bladder... who played and won well in game 5 and 6 but playing them in game 7 is a blunder. Why should that of suddenly been a big change to do.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Flash is still a FA apparently, didn't sign in any european league.

Gus and Bladder... who played and won well in game 5 and 6 but playing them in game 7 is a blunder. Why should that of suddenly been a big change to do.

Am I reading this wrong or did you say bladder played well in game 5? He was attrocious. They won despite him. I was at that game and remember that. He had two God awful turnovers in the first that lead to terrific chances the other way. I think he only played like 5 min all game in a double OT game.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe we have different opinions on suck. A guy who couldn't get a contract in the off-season, and a 20pt career average player with no defensive game is my definition of suck.

Yet you liked the trade at the time.... for a "a 20 pt career average player with no defensive game is my definition of suck." ? hmmmm.

Am I reading this wrong or did you say bladder played well in game 5? He was attrocious. They won despite him. I was at that game and remember that. He had two God awful turnovers in the first that lead to terrific chances the other way. I think he only played like 5 min all game in a double OT game.

Bladder sucked in the final game as well ,,,, but Gus just happened to beat him to costing Hawks the game and the season. The writing was on the wall that one of them would.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Yet you liked the trade at the time.... for a "a 20 pt career average player with no defensive game is my definition of suck." ? hmmmm.

Bladder sucked in the final game as well ,,,, but Gus just happened to beat him to costing Hawks the game and the season. The writing was on the wall that one of them would.

The games are kind of a blur for me. Which game was it that tvr made quite possibly the worst pass I've ever seen, leading to a blues gwg?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
TBH, I didn't mind the acquisitions at the time either, especially when Flash played so well down the stretch. It was giving up Danault that I hated.

Weise did not work out because he was not put into a position to succeed. This is on Q for playing Mashinter after we acquired him. It is on Weise for not doing more. It is on Stan for not being on the same page as Q.

Weise's production before Chicago was not an accident but he is only a 3rd-4th wing so no one should have expected more.

Again PD is a solid player but we need TF and DW to make a run and than is the price you pay. I would rather have the 2nd back.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Weise did not work out because he was not put into a position to succeed. This is on Q for playing Mashinter after we acquired him. It is on Weise for not doing more. It is on Stan for not being on the same page as Q.

Weise's production before Chicago was not an accident but he is only a 3rd-4th wing so no one should have expected more.

Again PD is a solid player but we need TF and DW to make a run and than is the price you pay. I would rather have the 2nd back.
It absolutely was. He had 26pts in 56 games, when he had never had more than 29pts in a season, which was a career high the year previous and before that he never had more than 12.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It absolutely was. He had 26pts in 56 games, when he had never had more than 29pts in a season, which was a career high the year previous and before that he never had more than 12.

How was it an accident? He got PP time an put up more points than ever before. He is some simple math for you. The year before he got no PP time and scored 29 points in 78 games. Last year before the trade he had 21 points in 56 games (removing the 6 pp points). That is the same ppg and the prior year. Hmm same stats. Looks like you didn't do your research or you didn't understand I was saying.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Neither of these players were exactly hot commodities at the TD. Stan didn't need to give up PD to get these guys... but it's water under the bridge now and Kruger's inflated contract remains as one of the problems.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sharp is having a rough year. Concussions.

11 GP 1G 1A 2PTS -7

Kruger is better offensively this year....scary scary.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
How was it an accident? He got PP time an put up more points than ever before. He is some simple math for you. The year before he got no PP time and scored 29 points in 78 games. Last year before the trade he had 21 points in 56 games (removing the 6 pp points). That is the same ppg and the prior year. Hmm same stats. Looks like you didn't do your research or you didn't understand I was saying.
It was an accident because he isn't that type of player. Those 2 years were a fluke, not the norm. He is a 10-20pt forward.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It was an accident because he isn't that type of player. Those 2 years were a fluke, not the norm. He is a 10-20pt forward.

Those season were not some huge shift in scoring for him. He is a .25-.3 ppg player (.25 ppg player for his career). FYI .25 PPg is 20ish points per season.

You can try and spin it but the facts show that you are wrong.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Those season were not some huge shift in scoring for him. He is a .25-.3 ppg player (.25 ppg player for his career). FYI .25 PPg is 20ish points per season.

You can try and spin it but the facts show that you are wrong.

Take out those 2 seasons, and he has 35pts in 206GP. That is roughly 14pts a season (basically what he is on pace for this season). Seems I am right.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Take out those 2 seasons, and he has 35pts in 206GP. That is roughly 14pts a season (basically what he is on pace for this season). Seems I am right.

AH yes remove two seasons during his prime. This might be the single most ridiculous way to ever look at something like this. Starting in 2013-14 he has 3 seasons in a row where he scores .25 PPG or greater. This is called a trend. 3 of his 5 seasons (discounting his first season of 10 games) he has scored .25 or greater. You are wrong and this will go better if you admit it.

I should call my bank and say they need to adjust my bank account because me buying bottles in Vegas was a fluke and not the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad