Hawks of Yesteryear Part II - Madden AHL 17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The funny thing is, Danault is playing well. He's a good piece. He's just no Kruger, and losing him when you already have the better version of him is not the crippling loss some try to make it out to be.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The funny thing is, Danault is playing well. He's a good piece. He's just no Kruger, and losing him when you already have the better version of him is not the crippling loss some try to make it out to be.

2.2M in savings is a HUGE amount and the team can actually afford to add another $3M forward to the depth chart, that is a significant addition, I dont think people understand how much just 1 Million in savings can do for a team if allocated correctly.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man when will Q finally stop holding back Weise

2 goals + 2 assists in 25 games ,, If only Q would give him a fair shot he c....... Wait a minute he isn't a Hawk anymore ,, How can he not be playing amazing away from Q?

Its almost as if Weise we saw in Mtl was an anomaly as a result of the lack of offensive depth and him playing above his true role. Philly Weise looks just like Chicago , New York and Vancouver Weise

Q really must have a lot of influence in league to hold him back in Philly like he held him back in Chicago ,, Right JD?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

2 goals + 2 assists in 25 games ,, If only Q would give him a fair shot he c....... Wait a minute he isn't a Hawk anymore ,, How can he not be playing amazing away from Q?

Its almost as if Weise we saw in Mtl was an anomaly as a result of the lack of offensive depth and him playing above his true role. Philly Weise looks just like Chicago , New York and Vancouver Weise

Q really must have a lot of influence in league to hold him back in Philly like he held him back in Chicago ,, Right JD?

Weise has never put up good numbers in the RS but has been able to elevate his game in the PO's and has a penchant for getting under the skin of ops. I agree that Stan should never have given up on Danault so soon but Weise potentially could have helped Hawks at crunch time. Unfortunately our bone headed HC never gave him the chance to fit in.... which makes one wonder just how much communication goes on between Q and Stan? Not much, it seems.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Weise has never put up good numbers in the RS but has been able to elevate his game in the PO's and has a penchant for getting under the skin of ops. I agree that Stan should never have given up on Danault so soon but Weise potentially could have helped Hawks at crunch time. Unfortunately our bone headed HC never gave him the chance to fit in.... which makes one wonder just how much communication goes on between Q and Stan? Not much, it seems.

:biglaugh:

38 playoff games
6 goals
5 assists
11 pts

There was nothing to fit in ,, Weise is trash and it was a joke of a trade

A below average 4th liner is all Weise is

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Wasn't Mash playing over him?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

uhhhh...what?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
uhhhh...what?

I recall in a Hab/Bruin matchup, Weise completely neutralized and frustrated the *** out of Lucic to the point that Lucic was threatening his life. In that series Weise was one of the better Habs mainly because of his gritty, disciplined play. That is what I was hoping he could do last season for Hawks but he had no chance to do anything. I found his comments afterward about his short stint with Chicago to be quite accurate.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...e-trade-chicago-blackhawks-disaster-canadiens

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I recall in a Hab/Bruin matchup, Weise completely neutralized and frustrated the *** out of Lucic to the point that Lucic was threatening his life. In that series Weise was one of the better Habs mainly because of his gritty, disciplined play. That is what I was hoping he could do last season for Hawks but he had no chance to do anything. I found his comments afterward about his short stint with Chicago to be quite accurate.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...e-trade-chicago-blackhawks-disaster-canadiens

So he elevated his **** talking, good for him.

He's a crappy hockey player, who had a good run in MTL and made his money. What he has been this year is what he is, a 4th liner who can be easily replaced, and was.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't think too many people thought he was some misused power forward, we just wanted the NHL forward to play over Mashinter if I'm remembering right.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I don't think too many people thought he was some misused power forward, we just wanted the NHL forward to play over Mashinter if I'm remembering right.

This is correct.

Its feast of famine with Q.

Weise cant draw into the lineup, but Fleishmann is worth trying in the top 6.

How about you just use them as the GM intended and ice the best lineup possible?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Q gave Flash plenty of looks and he failed miserably when it mattered most. And Weise was hot garbage his entire time in Chicago

Q isn't to blame for Flash going MIA in playoffs and Weise playing like the average 4th liner he is

Blame goes on the GM who acquired both when they were not needed (Kruger was going to return and Ladd trade was going to put Shaw back into bottom 6 role) while getting robbed by opposing GM in trade

Horrendous trade the moment it was made and far worse looking back on it. Truly pitiful that Stanley thought that was a good move

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Flash was pretty good here but of course you're holding on to a 7 game sample. You called the Vermette trade a miserable failure and said we should have sold in 15.

Whoops.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Speaking of Stanley, can you imagine how well and truly ****ed this team os right now if he doesnt make that excellent Saad/Anisimov trade.

No Toews, no Anisimov, we'd icing Schmaltz, Kruger, Ras and Hino down the middle. *shudder*

Thank god for Stan the man.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Flash was pretty good here but of course you're holding on to a 7 game sample. You called the Vermette trade a miserable failure and said we should have sold in 15.

Whoops.

Yes how dare I hold awful postseason performance against a trade deadline rental that Hawks overpaid for

Should we be happy with his playoff performance?

As for Kane/Vermette

1) Vermette was awful outside of a few games with Hawks
2) Kane was not slatted to return until WCF at time of injury. If that had held true the Hawks would have gone out in round 1

Hawks still overpaid for Vermette who produced very little with team

Speaking of Stanley, can you imagine how well and truly ****ed this team os right now if he doesnt make that excellent Saad/Anisimov trade.

No Toews, no Anisimov, we'd icing Schmaltz, Kruger, Ras and Hino down the middle. *shudder*

Thank god for Stan the man.

Could you imagine how team would look with two lines not one and having more then one NHL quality LW on roster?

Hawks were a better team with Saad and would still be better with Saad instead of AA + Kruger

Also we could have kept Saad by cutting loose Seabrook via trade ,, But sadly our GM decided to further close the contending window giving Seabrook that contract

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Yes how dare I hold awful postseason performance against a trade deadline rental that Hawks overpaid for

Should we be happy with his playoff performance?

As for Kane/Vermette

1) Vermette was awful outside of a few games with Hawks
2) Kane was not slatted to return until WCF at time of injury. If that had held true the Hawks would have gone out in round 1

Hawks still overpaid for Vermette who produced very little with team

You continued to complain about Vermette after Kane returned for Game 1 and you never acknowledged the possibility that the GM might have information more information about a player's health than what is publicly available. Stan doesn't make that trade if he thinks he doesn't have Kane for two plus rounds.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Anyone who ***** on the vermette trade is absolutely clueless.

We gave up a bottom pairing defender and the 30th pick in the draft to acquire someone we more than likely don't win the cup without. Insanely small price to pay for that payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad