GDT: Hawks @ Knights at 5pm CT on NBCSCH - Sphere We Go Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HagelsBagels

Apr 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
I could agree, but let's look at the teams we have played so far. All except Pitt were playoff teams.
Yeah I don't care they're 2-5, it's more the effort in most of these games has been piss-poor, especially from the veterans. The young guys are gonna make mistakes and go through up and downs but the older guys haven't really pulled their weight.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Korchinski doesn't tie up a stick and it's 2-0.

Nitpicking, IMO. It was a hell of a play by the Vegas player. Yeah, he could have pinned the stick, but most the time you want to lift the stick anyways, because D generally try to keep shots lower. Don't really expect guys to tip a goal in from waist high in that situation. By the time the shot is released and you see it coming in that high, it's too late to do anything.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That's pretty much unstoppable.
Yeah, you can't really say a goalie "has to stop that" on any deflection from 3 feet in front of him.

Did it get deflected? When I first saw it, it looked like no one touched it. Should have been an easy glove save.
It was tipped in from waist high from what I saw. They even checked on it to make sure his stick wasn't above the crossbar.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
I know we’re bad and all, and I was never expecting to be good. But I am so over this schedule 🤦‍♂️

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Nitpicking, IMO. It was a hell of a play by the Vegas player. Yeah, he could have pinned the stick, but most the time you want to lift the stick anyways, because D generally try to keep shots lower. Don't really expect guys to tip a goal in from waist high in that situation. By the time the shot is released and you see it coming in that high, it's too late to do anything.
He got caught between two forwards and had nobody.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
Most games the Hawks play well for 2 periods but fall apart in then 3rd. Is that conditioning or just a mental breakdown? The coaches need to figure that out.
They are worn the flock out by the 3rd. When your pinned in the your own zone for 2/3 of the game, players loose their legs. Doesn't matter how good their conditioning is. Bedard is like the only that carries the zone and keeps it in. We have very little talent at forward, especially good possession type guys. We never keep it in the ozone.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad