GDT: Hawks @ Flames 10/15/24 ChSn 8pm

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Nah. This is modern hockey. He's been the guy deep in the zone in on the forecheck, and F3 coming back in the zone. You just swap positions in the defensive zone when that happens, so he has opportunities to cheat.

All your high level offensive talent cheats in this day and age.
Big part of why I love Teravainen and Foligno with him. Both fully capable of handling a centers defensive responsibilities which allows him to cheat a bit

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bertuzzi did it with no one else around deep in their end, with 5 seconds left in the period, not as big of a deal as AA skating through the middle of the ice doing it, imo.
Yeah, but there no way Bertuzzi was going to score. At least AA was able to back off the defense and got a good shot off.

I wish Luke could work with AA and get him to play the team game properly... he has skills that most players would kill for.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, but there no way Bertuzzi was going to score. At least AA was able to back off the defense and got a good shot off.

I wish Luke could work with AA and get him to play the team game properly... he has skills that most players would kill for.
You just can't do it. No coach could. He's brainless. He's literally one of the dumbest hockey players I've ever seen. If he had any brains on the ice, he'd be a top 5 player in the NHL. He has that much pure talent, IMO.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Nah. This is modern hockey. He's been the guy deep in the zone in on the forecheck, and F3 coming back in the zone. You just swap positions in the defensive zone when that happens, so he has opportunities to cheat.

All your high level offensive talent cheats in this day and age.
He’s not always F3 when he blows the zone

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

There was no way the Hawks were going to score, really. He was the only player deep, with 5 seconds left. AA won't change I dont think, been that way since his Jr days in London.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
But he's playing with guys that he can do that with, because they are capable of covering for him, and will do so. I don't have a problem with it.
I just prefer him to play a bit lower in the zone a bit longer. In general I agree with your statement. I’m fine with him generating offense. I think he just needs to support his unit a bit longer.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad