GDT: Hawks @ Flames 10/15/24 ChSn 8pm

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He’s a notoriously slow starter. Ideally he gets going at some point and you get him up with Bedard and Teravainen. As good of a fit as foligno is there, he doesn’t have the legs to play 18 minutes a night for 82 games anymore
Hopefully Frank will be up by the time they start easing up on Foligno's minutes

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Bertuzzi hasn't looked great, you can tell he has the talent, but it seems like he mails it in too often for my liking. Hopefully he picks it up.

Seth has been great, he's a #1Dman when he plays like this, if he can do it for 70-80 games this year, we should be thrilled with his contract, but tough to see it happening, when it hasn't happened for a long time.

Maroon is completely useless. Lost in his own zone. Why he is here baffles me. Slow af, useless offensively, and we already have Foligno for vet presence.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bertuzzi hasn't looked great, you can tell he has the talent, but it seems like he mails it in too often for my liking. Hopefully he picks it up.

Seth has been great, he's a #1Dman when he plays like this, if he can do it for 70-80 games this year, we should be thrilled with his contract, but tough to see it happening, when it hasn't happened for a long time.

Maroon is completely useless. Lost in his own zone. Why he is here baffles me. Slow af, useless offensively, and we already have Foligno for vet presence.

That was one of the things Wing and B fans warned about him

It very much is concerning but let's wait a while to see if he shows more. If he is still playing like this in December then it very much will be issue

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The biggest difference this year from last year is the D being a threat offensively.

Last year Hawks knew if they took a low % shot from the point they wouldn’t see the puck again in that shift.

Now they are bombs away I think partly because they have faith in their ability to get the puck back.

So many 2023-2024 games where we’d just pass it around the perimeter because possession itself was a huge W to them.

Reactions: Pez68

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Here’s my view of the Xfinity Center Ice preview for tonight’s game on my TV.

IMG_0717.jpeg

Don’t make me side with the Hawks, Comcast.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Nah. This is modern hockey. He's been the guy deep in the zone in on the forecheck, and F3 coming back in the zone. You just swap positions in the defensive zone when that happens, so he has opportunities to cheat.

All your high level offensive talent cheats in this day and age.
It’s not winning hockey in the playoffs right now. Could be in 2027 when we’re ready, but right now you need to play below the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad