Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
didnt ballys just go into bankruptcy to reorg? last year or two? if so, why are they insisting on going that route
No, that was Sinclair/Diamond Sports Group. Bally simply owned the naming rights to the network, they weren't involved otherwise.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
In the last few years of watching hockey on ESPN+ as an out of market Hawks fan I have basically never had an issue with quality. This year it constantly buffers and goes to a view so cloudy you can’t see anything. I’ve watched a lot of other games and this is never an issue.

Not buying this is some weird coincidence.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
In the last few years of watching hockey on ESPN+ as an out of market Hawks fan I have basically never had an issue with quality. This year it constantly buffers and goes to a view so cloudy you can’t see anything. I’ve watched a lot of other games and this is never an issue.

Their broadcast is shit. Their channel is shit. Their production crew is shit. We shouldn't be shocked that the product they're putting out is shit.

Reactions: Pez68

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So Fubo will be $95 a month plus tax

Fubo offers a free trial before costing $59.99 for the first month, then $79.99 monthly. Subscribers also will pay a regional-sports fee of $14.99 per month that includes CHSN and Marquee Sports Network.

1729925044854.png

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015

This was the first year I've had ESPN+. How long has NHL and Blackhawk games been on ESPN+? I had no idea and have always been getting Center Ice through DirecTV.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Espn+ has been a bad production for several years now.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
Espn+ has been a bad production for several years now.

It’s always been crystal clear HD for me, never with any buffering or quality issues and has been ever since they started offering most NHL games…. So what, we are now on season 3 of them picking up most games?

Same goes for literally any other team I’ve watched so far this year.

Internet speed is a gig so that’s not the issue either.

Last edited:

ray c

Feb 9, 2010
i have never seen so many commercials in a game,as i saw last night on espn+.
they must have a special arrangement with the nhl to show them

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So Fubo will be $95 a month plus tax

Fubo offers a free trial before costing $59.99 for the first month, then $79.99 monthly. Subscribers also will pay a regional-sports fee of $14.99 per month that includes CHSN and Marquee Sports Network.

View attachment 921751
$95 a month. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So it would essentially cost me $160 to watch each Hawks season on their app. Or...... I continue to use my VPN that was $60 for the entire year, have its usefulness for other things besides the Hawks, and use ESPN+ that I already carry for the little guy for Disney+.

Yeah, don't think I'll be using the app. :laugh:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So it would essentially cost me $160 to watch each Hawks season on their app. Or...... I continue to use my VPN that was $60 for the entire year, have its usefulness for other things besides the Hawks, and use ESPN+ that I already carry for the little guy for Disney+.

Yeah, don't think I'll be using the app. :laugh:
They've already destroyed their own business model. People have found alternatives and they are all cheaper. Typical Reinsdorf incompetence.

That app is also going to be a steaming pile of shit.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad