Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

Crow

May 19, 2014
Directv stream app fails to perform constantly on my newest model fire stick 4k. Good luck rewinding, fast forwarding, or even pausing.

Stream itself is good quality.
FWIW this was remedied by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Not sure why that would matter but it did.

Don’t mind DIRECTV much. Now I’m paying about $128 a month where I was paying $72 or something though. So that sucks. I do get nhl network and a bunch of blacked out regional channels though. I can cut out $17 of the difference and drop nhl network and the regional channels. I’m not sure if I will. I really like having nhl network. Might just keep it for the season and turn it off when it’s over. Off season isn’t very long though. I also get cubs games, which I’m not a fan of. That might matter to some.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
who within hawks is responsible for the chsn debacle...how are they not on youtube tv and comcast again, at least have a dtc option...gold standard of nhl to this in 10 years lol

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's hard to overstate how bad it is going to look for all parties if there is not a deal in place before the puck drops tomorrow. I better wake up to hear they figured something out with Xfinity at 4 am.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Gameday and most of the fans cannot watch the team tonight.

I have season tickets. Havnt been able to get a hold of my rep for a couple weeks. They dont have game swaps available yet. They have controversy after controversy and they haven't made the playoffs in 10 years.

I wont go buy an antenna. Thats a joke.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
judge-judy-hurry-up.gif

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
speed up the rebuild after a year and no tv deal with relevant providers in 2024, solid job to new regime
How did they speed up the rebuild? They signed a bunch of stopgaps to not overload the NHL roster with overmatched rookies. Bertuzzi and Teravainen were the only ones brought in by Davidson that were given more than 2 years and nobody besides Jones and Vlasic has an active contract for 5+ seasons.

Reactions: bwana63

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Real talk, what did the Reinsdorf's and the Wirtzes expect the likes of Comcast and AT&T to offer them versus what they previously had with NBCSC? The carriers have all of the cards here, the Hawks/Bulls/Sox killed their channel without a landing spot agreed upon, so they know the morons have a ticking clock, and are trying to negotiate a deal at a time when the ceiling for all three teams is mediocrity for at least a couple more years. Not exactly must watch TV for normies.

Oh, and it seems like almost everyone blames the teams and not the carriers, so it's not like there's a groundswell of public anger directed at anyone not working in the UC.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you have internet, there's actually a pretty cheap way to watch the majority of Hawks games.

ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu bundle is $15 a month. NordVPN is $3 a month and some change. For $18 a month, you can watch most Blackhawks games.

You just need a device you can install NordVPN on, or use SmartDNS. I have NordVPN on my firesticks, and I manually configured a DNS entry on my LG TV with the NordVPN SmartDNS IP.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
How did they speed up the rebuild? They signed a bunch of stopgaps to not overload the NHL roster with overmatched rookies. Bertuzzi and Teravainen were the only ones brought in by Davidson that were given more than 2 years and nobody besides Jones and Vlasic has an active contract for 5+ seasons.
entire language started to shift from the rebuild has no timeline to we want to speed it along in under a year, they offered an unprotected 25 1st that likely has good top 2 pick equity for the 4th pick, thats not a 5 year plan move

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If you have internet, there's actually a pretty cheap way to watch the majority of Hawks games.

ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu bundle is $15 a month. NordVPN is $3 a month and some change. For $18 a month, you can watch most Blackhawks games.

You just need a device you can install NordVPN on, or use SmartDNS. I have NordVPN on my firesticks, and I manually configured a DNS entry on my LG TV with the NordVPN SmartDNS IP.
as much as everyone disliked mcd this never happens under him, is falkner responsible?

Real talk, what did the Reinsdorf's and the Wirtzes expect the likes of Comcast and AT&T to offer them versus what they previously had with NBCSC? The carriers have all of the cards here, the Hawks/Bulls/Sox killed their channel without a landing spot agreed upon, so they know the morons have a ticking clock, and are trying to negotiate a deal at a time when the ceiling for all three teams is mediocrity for at least a couple more years. Not exactly must watch TV for normies.

Oh, and it seems like almost everyone blames the teams and not the carriers, so it's not like there's a groundswell of public anger directed at anyone not working in the UC.
how about a DTC option for the teams the channel will carry? doesnt marquee have dtc for 19.99 a month?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

one year for the speed it up language to start when they have zero blue chip forwards in addition to bedard, was that coming from top down to have a better product for the new network?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

one year for the speed it up language to start when they have zero blue chip forwards in addition to bedard, was that coming from top down to have a better product for the new network?
Sounds like vague GM-speak. When they start trading away picks for expensive roster players, I'll start to worry about the "speed up" of the rebuild.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Sounds like vague GM-speak. When they start trading away picks for expensive roster players, I'll start to worry about the "speed up" of the rebuild.
They did offer their own unprotected 25 1st plus other assets for the 4th pick, thats a really aggressive move for a pick that could have a high probability of being top 2...are Frondell and Hagens worse than Demidov?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
entire language started to shift from the rebuild has no timeline to we want to speed it along in under a year, they offered an unprotected 25 1st that likely has good top 2 pick equity for the 4th pick, thats not a 5 year plan move
They didn't speed the rebuild up, or even attempt to, just because they signed actual NHL players to play on the team. There are like 6 or 7 guys they had last year who aren't even in the league this year I believe. They couldn't leave Bedard on an island. That's not speeding the rebuild up, that's ensuring your marquee #1OA pick doesn't wanna bail as soon as he's a UFA because you took 6 years to get him anyone worth a damn to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad