Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think they'll get a deal with Xfinity done by the 2nd game (first CHSN regular season game) and maybe Hulu/FuboTV. YouTubeTV is moving away from RSN's across the country. They only aired NBC Sports Chicago due to an existing deal. Also, don't be surprised if Xfinity puts CHSN on an upper tier you'll have to pay for, it's what they did with the Ballys.
A friend in Highland, Indiana told me they had no luck with 62.2 but 16.2 from South Bend was perfect so a pattern is developing.

WNDU-TV is a well-run station owned by Grey Broadcasting and they have technicians on staff that can tweak things. WJYS by comparison has struggled to pay the power bill since they signed on in 1991.

I am in the business - trying to run 10 channels on one signal isn't feasible.

1728200485926.png

Cable? Astound/RCN and U-Verse signed a deal with CHSN but both have limited footprints. U-Verse ran into trouble with the sidewalk utilty boxes needed.

Xfinity is Godzilla - I have a friend in his late 70s call me and he was crying as his internet/cable bill had hit $300. His only add ons are the sports bundle so he can get NFL Red Zone, the horse racing channel and HBO.

Xfinity will sign a deal with CHSN to keep the 'Regional Sports Fee' that all customers pay.

Xfinity's primary goal is to be your internet provider - keep the cord in your home.

Streaming? YouTubeTV - Fuhgeddaboudit and HULU Live TV likewise. That leaves Fubo that walked away from the Caps/Wizards channel in DC.

Reactions: Esq

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
If Scott Powers is right and CHSN ends up on Hulu + live tv at some point I’m punting YTTV down the road as far as I can. Regional sports networks matter to the people who live in said region

Reactions: ray c

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad