Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What were games broadcasted in when the Hawks were playing playoff games on Versus Network back in 2010? I wonder.

Pre-HD hockey is rough
Technically the channels ARE HD. But a 30hz broadcast for sports is just absurd. The fact that one of the channels is going to be 30hz tells me they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Sports are pretty much unwatchable at 30hz. Even baseball and basketball.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Technically the channels ARE HD. But a 30hz broadcast for sports is just absurd. The fact that one of the channels is going to be 30hz tells me they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Sports are pretty much unwatchable at 30hz. Even baseball and basketball.
Wtf. That sucks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This continues to be one of the biggest jokes/shitshows in sports broadcasting history, IMO. If I'm the Wirtz/Hawks, I'm having my lawyers figure out any possible way to get out of this deal with Reinsdorf. They've hooked their wagon up to a horse with 2 legs.

Crow

May 19, 2014
So would a direct tv feed be any better than the 720p 60 hz or is that out of the question due to the source? I was under the impression that, at least at one time in the past, OTA channels had a higher definition and refresh rate than cable.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So would a direct tv feed be any better than the 720p 60 hz or is that out of the question due to the source? I was under the impression that, at least at one time in the past, OTA channels had a higher definition and refresh rate than cable.
All cable broadcasts are 60hz, I believe. Cable companies don't broadcast any channels at a lower refresh rate that I'm aware of. If you have a 120hz TV, the TV builds a set of pixels to fill between the broadcast images.

Reactions: Crow

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I believe your DirecTV feed should be fine. I can't imagine they would ever broadcast a 30hz signal in this day and age. You can let us know tonight. ;)

Reactions: Crow

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
I will NOT get an antenna for Hawks games. I didn't even invest the time to watch full games last year. I will listen on the radio when convenient and will watch the youtube extended highlights.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I will NOT get an antenna for Hawks games. I didn't even invest the time to watch full games last year. I will listen on the radio when convenient and will watch the youtube extended highlights.
I will not either just out of spite. It doesnt hurt anyone but myself but screw it.

Fortyfives

Jul 13, 2011
lol
IMG_4662.gif

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They really f***ed this whole thing. Day late and a dollar short.

In 2024, if you are launching a network without an app, you need to re-think whatever the f*** you're doing.

1) Come up with Network idea
2) Come up with leadership committee
3) Hire a PM and outsource a bunch of devs to immediately start building an app.

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If you have channel Hawks pre-game stuff is now on (First programing of channel began at 5pm)

And it looks so cheap

Remember when CLTV had sports page or whatever it was back in 90's with guys sitting in cheap chairs in front of a cheap background

That is level of production we got here

Major downgrade from NBC Sports Chicago studio

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
CHSN is available on the following over-the-air channels. Simply install your digital antenna, scan for channels, and tune in to the channel closest to your home.

• Chicago, IL: WJYS, 62.2 and 62.3
  • Rockford, IL: WSLN, 19.3 and 19.4
  • South Bend, IN: WNDU, 16.2 and 16.4
  • Milwaukee, WI: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Grand Rapids, MI: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Des Moines, IA: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Champaign/Springfield, IL: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Paducah, KY: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Cedar Rapids/Davenport, IA: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Peoria, IL: WHOI, (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Sioux City, IA: KMEG, (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Quincy, IL: WTJR, (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Indianapolis, IN: (Channel Number Coming Soon)

Might be worth checking out some of these other channel numbers if you aren't getting good reception on 62.2/62.3.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I feel for all the locals that have to put up with this backwards thinking.

Get an antenna to watch tv in 2024? I wouldn't do that if they paid me.

Luckily I can find the games on my computer. All I have to do is pay my internet bill every month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad