Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What were games broadcasted in when the Hawks were playing playoff games on Versus Network back in 2010? I wonder.

Pre-HD hockey is rough
Technically the channels ARE HD. But a 30hz broadcast for sports is just absurd. The fact that one of the channels is going to be 30hz tells me they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Sports are pretty much unwatchable at 30hz. Even baseball and basketball.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Technically the channels ARE HD. But a 30hz broadcast for sports is just absurd. The fact that one of the channels is going to be 30hz tells me they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Sports are pretty much unwatchable at 30hz. Even baseball and basketball.
Wtf. That sucks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This continues to be one of the biggest jokes/shitshows in sports broadcasting history, IMO. If I'm the Wirtz/Hawks, I'm having my lawyers figure out any possible way to get out of this deal with Reinsdorf. They've hooked their wagon up to a horse with 2 legs.

Crow

May 19, 2014
So would a direct tv feed be any better than the 720p 60 hz or is that out of the question due to the source? I was under the impression that, at least at one time in the past, OTA channels had a higher definition and refresh rate than cable.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So would a direct tv feed be any better than the 720p 60 hz or is that out of the question due to the source? I was under the impression that, at least at one time in the past, OTA channels had a higher definition and refresh rate than cable.
All cable broadcasts are 60hz, I believe. Cable companies don't broadcast any channels at a lower refresh rate that I'm aware of. If you have a 120hz TV, the TV builds a set of pixels to fill between the broadcast images.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I believe your DirecTV feed should be fine. I can't imagine they would ever broadcast a 30hz signal in this day and age. You can let us know tonight. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad