Confirmed with Link: Hawks acquire Versteeg

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Glad to have Steeg back, especially at half price.

Hayes and Olsen are good prospects, but they had no real chance of ever making the Hawks.

A little funny that Dale's still happy to take back his old first rounders.
Dales likes them.... Skille :nod:

SLarmer28*

Wow!

Half Price? Incredible!

Tank you Dale Tallon. First Frolik, now Versteeg!

Last edited by a moderator:

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Anyone know anything about the second player, Phillipe Lebreve or something like that?

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Hayes has looked very average during his call ups. He may turn out to be good but who knows. Never was a fan of Olson. It would be difficult for either to crack the line up with the Hawks.

I think Hayes could be very effective in another system, great hands, good behind the net. But his skating agility is NOT good! Hayes would be ok w/ 19/81 but really who wouldn't? But can't make it as a Defensively responsible 3rd/4th line type!

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
am I the only one that thinks this is unwise considering Hayes was the leading scorer in the AHL last year...? and Versteeg has had a pretty paltry preformance in this year so far and also in the lockout season...? I hope he proves me wrong.

also what about a backup goalie...? I think we gave away too much. we should've been looking for Markstrom or Gudbranson to come along too.

kobe.gif

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
Ah I guess I was wrong about him being the top scorer, but he did score quite a bit. Hayes might never had made the hawks, but I swear he is too much to give up for Versteeg. You never know when someone big gets injured and he has to come up on a fourth line. We're basically just making the icehogs suck.

Versteeg will probably look better with the hawks, but i just don't understand why we think we need more offense right now.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Ah I guess I was wrong about him being the top scorer, but he did score quite a bit. Hayes might never had made the hawks, but I swear he is too much to give up for Versteeg. You never know when someone big gets injured and he has to come up on a fourth line. We're basically just making the icehogs suck.

Versteeg will probably look better with the hawks, but i just don't understand why we think we need more offense right now.

Um... You seem to think Jimmy Hayes is a lot better than he actually is.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How ****ing happy must Versteeg be right now?

He's going to be great on our 3rd line. Love every part of this deal

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
well i guess i havent checked hockeydb in awhile...yikes

p.s. whoever was waiting for the end of morin's stint you got your wish, morin was just sent down

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I could see Hayes working out really well on a team that relies more on offense via net presence than outskating their opponents, but that's not the way the Hawks play.

A guy who can't keep up with the Hawks transition game probably shouldn't be playing here, no matter what Handzus might lead you to believe.

RomersWorld*

1. Glad Jimmy and not Kevin. Main thread scared me.

I like Jimmy but he is already like 24 and can't crack the roster.

Olsen has looked very good in the AHL this year finally but still don't see great upside. Most likely a good 5 guy in future, possible bust. Johns and Dahlbeck are better, IMO.

Hopefully Versteeg can get back to that 50 point player and then the Hawks are stacked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad