Confirmed with Link: Hawks acquire Versteeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
what were steeger's injuries last two years? If he can skate like he use to- this is awesome!

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
This is goot to see. With Johns graduating and wave after wave of prospects coming in, Hayes and Olsen were buried. Nice to see them get an opportunity and nice to see Bowman clearing out some prospects for value as we move forward.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
am I the only one that thinks this is unwise considering Hayes was the leading scorer in the AHL last year...? and Versteeg has had a pretty paltry preformance in this year so far and also in the lockout season...? I hope he proves me wrong.

also what about a backup goalie...? I think we gave away too much. we should've been looking for Markstrom or Gudbranson to come along too.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
rwuyhd.png

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I don't know much about Versteeg these days except he has been in the doghouse lately. Has he been doing any PK the last few years? I would think Stan will be looking for a Frolik type.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
am I the only one that thinks this is unwise considering Hayes was the leading scorer in the AHL last year...? and Versteeg has had a pretty paltry preformance in this year so far and also in the lockout season...? I hope he proves me wrong.

Hayes has looked very average during his call ups. He may turn out to be good but who knows. Never was a fan of Olson. It would be difficult for either to crack the line up with the Hawks.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

Pirri was the AHL leader, not Hayes

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Hayes has been given how many chances with us. We are getting a potential 20 goal scorer for minor leaguers who wont make our team. Versteeg will be rejuvenated off that lousy Panther team.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Glad to have Steeg back, especially at half price.

Hayes and Olsen are good prospects, but they had no real chance of ever making the Hawks.

A little funny that Dale's still happy to take back his old first rounders.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I don't know much about Versteeg these days except he has been in the doghouse lately. Has he been doing any PK the last few years? I would think Stan will be looking for a Frolik type.

Q can't stand players that can't skate (Pirri, Morin)
Versteeg used to be able to skate - but I have know he has been injured a lot last 2 years- so we will see.

But that 3rd line has been Bad this year- it desperately needs some speed so it's a great move- assuming the injuries haven't slowed steeger down!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Q can't stand players that can't skate (Pirri, Morin)
Versteeg used to be able to skate - but I have know he has been injured a lot last 2 years- so we will see.

But that 3rd line has been Bad this year- it desperately needs some speed so it's a great move- assuming the injuries haven't slowed steeger down!

pfft this is a guy who has Handzus with Kane and Sharp and played ol' fish 20 minutes per night when he was here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad