Confirmed with Link: Hawks acquire Versteeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
For half price, this is a great trade, he can give us more depth, some scoring punch, hes only 27 so still got a few more good years left, Maybe Tallon will give the hawks brian campbell for 75 percent off, lol

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Versteeg for 2.2 million? Nice.

Olsen is going to be a player in this league. Heavy shot and he looks much better this year. Jayes? Eh. Still think he's a top six or bust guy. If he's in your top six your team isn't very good.

Versteeg and Shaw are both incredibly high energy chippy pests with skill. Two thirds of an elite third line.

If Bickell gets his head out of his ass teams better watch out.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Regular season Jayes and regular season Bickell are pretty much interchangeable. Jayes has softer hands Bickell has the heavier shot. Both are skilledish big men that don't play to their size.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
This is the line Im also seeing. Versteeg also gives the Hawks some cushion for Teravainen to develop when he comes over next year.

*gasp* ..so...many...awesome prospects...stacked roster...so....so badass...can't...*wheeze*

Rz1tH4v.gif

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Regular season Jayes and regular season Bickell are pretty much interchangeable. Jayes has softer hands Bickell has the heavier shot. Both are skilledish big men that don't play to their size.

At least in the playoffs we know Bickell has the ability to morph into the "I'm going to put you through the glass" version of himself. It would be nice to see him bring 3/4 of that energy in the regular season as well. He did have a decent hit tonight I suppose.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
All i can think about is a guy who won a Cup with the Hawks in 2010, gets traded to a perennial loser in Florida and struggles, then returns to a Cup winning team with a lot of the same players that were there in 2010.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
At least in the playoffs we know Bickell has the ability to morph into the "I'm going to put you through the glass" version of himself. It would be nice to see him bring 3/4 of that energy in the regular season as well. He did have a decent hit tonight I suppose.

I honestly don't think either have much mean in them. Bickell has some that he can tap into, but the difference between Canuck Bertuzzi and Wing Bertuzzi is drive effort and the knowledge and willingness to make people hurt physically.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
*gasp* ..so...many...awesome prospects...stacked roster...so....so badass...can't...*wheeze*

Rz1tH4v.gif

This could be my favourite post EVER!

But dear god, this team is just...yikes... Bickell just needs to be more consistent and use his body and that third line is...jeepers! this team is giving me the CREEPERS!

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Versteeg deal

Don't live in the past, my brethren. Versteeg isn't quite what he was when he cashed in on his Stanley Cup winning season. He's always been a bit of a free radical which doesn't fit in with Q's high %, predictable type of play, too. I have no problem giving up on either Hayes or Olsen. Olsen didn't process the game quick enough and Hayes is a tweener of sorts. Hayes will never leverage his size adequately. My only regret is not getting a player with a bit more size and physicality than Versteeg. But, for the price, and his versatility and experience, can't complain too much.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Bickell put the physical hammer down during the playoffs. Thats really all thats needed come playoff time. Conserve the body during the regular season.

Besides hockey sense, doubt Hayes could do that like Bickell. Theres other reasons Im relieved JHayes got dealt.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
Don't live in the past, my brethren. Versteeg isn't quite what he was when he cashed in on his Stanley Cup winning season. He's always been a bit of a free radical which doesn't fit in with Q's high %, predictable type of play, too. I have no problem giving up on either Hayes or Olsen. Olsen didn't process the game quick enough and Hayes is a tweener of sorts. Hayes will never leverage his size adequately. My only regret is not getting a player with a bit more size and physicality than Versteeg. But, for the price, and his versatility and experience, can't complain too much.

That's the beauty of it. Hawks aren't looking for Versteeg to turn the tide or become the missing link on the top 6. He's just gonna fill out the bottom of the roster at a hell of a price.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Versteeg is still Versteeg. Give him a few games to get back into it. He's finally back on a good team, with players that can finish and play the game.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
But about the love story of the Hayes Bros playing together!! thats IT!

Trade Kevin Hayes for Barkov, its hurts to much to see them separated!

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Bickell put the physical hammer down during the playoffs. Thats really all thats needed come playoff time. Conserve the body during the regular season.

A concept that not everyone seems to grasp. Hits are a way bigger part of the game in the playoffs than they are in the regular season. The team last year was constantly criticized as being soft, yet if you look at pretty much every OT goal that was scored by the Hawks en route to the cup last year you'll see that the play started with a huge hit.

They'll be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad