2011 Stanley Cup Happy June 15th HF Bruins fans

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I still can’t believe they actually did it.

The pinnacle of my Bruins fandom.
I remember starting a thread (which I never usually do) when the Bs were down two in the first round (vs the Habs). It was something like "can the Bs comeback after being down 2...I say maybe"

That thread was fun and lasted until the win in Vancouver.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is without a doubt one of the best moments in sports for me all-time. The next day at work I brought in a big Bruins flag and me and a few other Bruins fans celebrated with photos. I can still see the hate from many of the habs and leafs fans there.
I was on a Bruins/hockey high all Summer

Best thread evah!!
I wish it didn't disappear. I believe they made it a sticky for a while.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Oh same here , I re-watched many of the highlights from that run.
Many times.

The # 1 thing on my life bucket list is to see the Bruins win the cup in Boston while I can still afford tickets (and I am close to being priced out), and can still do the drive to and from NH.

I am 71...They need to hurry.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Best thread evah!!
For whatever reason, I just felt like the Bs would win it all in 2011.

Even when they were down 2 to Montreal.

I have told this story before but here it is again...

Game 3 ...round #4 vs the Nucks....I am walking down to my seat before the game. We were down by 2 (but close games). Several rows behind my seats there were a bunch of Nuck fans ...drunk and screaming at me "We have seats for game 4 too and will be watching OUR team skating on YOUR ice with the cup....

What could I say? :dunno:...we were down by 2. After the game (8-1 Bs :D) I walked past the drunk knucklehead losers...They said, "We just want to win at home". I told them "YOU ARE GOING DOWN"

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
For whatever reason, I just felt like the Bs would win it all in 2011.

Even when they were down 2 to Montreal.

I have told this story before but here it is again...

Game 3 ...round #4 vs the Nucks....I am walking down to my seat before the game. We were down by 2 (but close games). Several rows behind my seats there were a bunch of Nuck fans ...drunk and screaming at me "We have seats for game 4 too and will be watching OUR team skating on YOUR ice with the cup....

What could I say? :dunno:...we were down by 2. After the game (8-1 Bs :D) I walked past the drunk knucklehead losers...They said, "We just want to win at home". I told them "YOU ARE GOING DOWN"
They had no idea who they were dealing with.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1718455328322.png

Matty Falconer never really got credit for this, but he is the one who collected the ice/ water from the Boston Garden to dump on the Vancouver ice. He is in the video with Nate H.

It was so cool.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That was my third Bruins cup but so many disappointments along the way.

I was honestly happy for all of you that never had the opportunity to witness a Bruins cup victory more than anything else.

Not so much for @DKH and @Ladyfan because they had the chance to witness 70 and 72 and @Gee Wally who got to witness all 6 cups.

Now, we all want more!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I was honestly happy for all of you that never had the opportunity to witness a Bruins cup victory more than anything else.

Not so much for @DKH and @Ladyfan because they had the chance to witness 70 and 72 and @Gee Wally who got to witness all 6 cups.

Now, we all want more!
:laugh:...I laugh but I am older than Wally.

I was watching in 1970 and 1972 but not at the Garden.

We had so much fun on this board. It was nice to have one day of positive vibes. Everyone loved everyone. :laugh:

A few work friends wanted me to go out with them to watch game 7...I wanted to be home so I could be on this board with all of you. How silly is that?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Now, we all want more!

IMG_0597.jpeg

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is without a doubt one of the best moments in sports for me all-time. The next day at work I brought in a big Bruins flag and me and a few other Bruins fans celebrated with photos. I can still see the hate from many of the habs and leafs fans there.

After 4 years at one workplace I changed employers midway during the Tampa Bay series. With my former employer I was on a team of about 70 people, many Hab and Leaf fans and my Bruins fandom was well known. So much that by winning the Montreal series, I won a bet with a co-worker Hab fan that garnered me a new Bruins jersey (their suggestion).

I almost regret changing employers now, because walking into my former workplace on June 16th, flag waiving in front of a army of Hab and Leaf fans would of been truly epic moment.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
I still can’t believe they actually did it.

The pinnacle of my Bruins fandom.
Definitely the pinnacle of my fandom too. I got a lot of crap from people for sticking with this team through some rough times and it gave me a lot of satisfaction that those same people were calling and texting me that night to congratulate me on their win. 13 years later and I still get as giddy as I was that night when I watch the highlights.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Definitely the pinnacle of my fandom too. I got a lot of crap from people for sticking with this team through some rough times and it gave me a lot of satisfaction that those same people were calling and texting me that night to congratulate me on their win. 13 years later and I still get as giddy as I was that night when I watch the highlights.
OMG....I got so much crap for having ST. Then the ones who always bashed the Bs wanted to buy a game from me. :laugh:...nope

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
After 4 years at one workplace I changed employers midway during the Tampa Bay series. With my former employer I was on a team of about 70 people, many Hab and Leaf fans and my Bruins fandom was well known. So much that by winning the Montreal series, I won a bet with a co-worker Hab fan that garnered me a new Bruins jersey (their suggestion).

I almost regret changing employers now, because walking into my former workplace on June 16th, flag waiving in front of a army of Hab and Leaf fans would of been truly epic moment.
I hear ya man. At my workplace back then there were only 4 of us that I know of were Bruins fans, while there were a ton of habs fans and some leafs fans as well. It was an amazing feeling, one I will never forget. I hope to do it again very soon.

That is right :naughty:. A scary old lady
Nah more like a super good lady and a great Bruins fan, who can carry a bat when needed.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It is also the highlight of my fandom. What a magical series, the stories along the way. I rode that victory all summer long and felt so good.

I worked for a company whose head office is in the Montreal area. I was taunted after the first two games, I was ready to physically fight them. As some of you know, I enter contests a lot and I won a Bruins jersey that arrived during the playoffs and a Gatorade bottle exactly like the one Horty used. I just knew we were winning.

I took the flag to work and draped it over our company sign out front and emailed the pics to the Quebec office and also the New Jersey office. I wore my Bruins jersey to work - I won the bet with my boss, a Habs fan, it was so hot that day! It was also my birthday, so while they didn't win on my day, I celebrated it the next day too. I want another!!!

1718466766827.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad