Proposal: Hansen for Sheary, Fehr, and a 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eviohh26*

You said more consistent than Hagelin the last 2yrs, which you were wrong about.

That's all.

And yeah, if the Canucks are continuing to live in fantasy fairy land like Benning, good luck getting a 1st and whatever for Hansen.

Hansen is our most consistent player. May not be a huge point producer but he gives it every night and he generates the most scoring chances on the team. He is a spark plug out there. Would be hard to part with him.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I have to seriously doubt how many people here watch Hansen judging by some of the criticisms being made about the guy, and his proven effectiveness relative to Sheary.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I have to seriously doubt how many people here watch Hansen judging by some of the criticisms being made about the guy, and his proven effectiveness relative to Sheary.

I'd love Hansen, but I'd atleast like to see how Sheary, or any of the other kids start off next season.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
As a Canucks fans I wouldn't make this deal. Sheary had a decent run last year, but he's undersized and has 10 points at the NHL level. Maybe he becomes a regular contributor, but Hansen has been an integral part of the Canucks for the past 5 seasons. Fehr is not an upgrade in any capacity so he's of no interest. The 2nd is the only valuable piece for the Canucks but I wouldn't want a late 2nd for Hansen. He has more value to the Canucks than that.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why does Vancouver accept this? Sheary is nothing, really. Fehr is a kinda overpaid 4th liner. So its basically a 2nd for hansen

I dont get the love fest with sheary. He sucks. Then he doesn't suck then he sucks again. Hes so inconsistent

I remember hansen absolutely torching us, hes a hagelin who can score.

22 goals in 67 games.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
As a Canucks fans I wouldn't make this deal. Sheary had a decent run last year, but he's undersized and has 10 points at the NHL level. Maybe he becomes a regular contributor, but Hansen has been an integral part of the Canucks for the past 5 seasons. Fehr is not an upgrade in any capacity so he's of no interest. The 2nd is the only valuable piece for the Canucks but I wouldn't want a late 2nd for Hansen. He has more value to the Canucks than that.

Thats exactly what i thought. Sheary and fehr have like no value. So its basically a 2nd for hansen, which is way too little. Hes worth a 1st.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Is this seriously from a Penguins fan? I'd be hesitant to trade Fehr alone for Jannik Hansen, adding either Sheary or a 2nd is lunacy. Hansen's been in the league for 8 full seasons and just broke 20 goals for the first time - that's not a young player trending upwards, that's a known quantity exceeding his capacity.

Brutal idea for the Penguins.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Is this seriously from a Penguins fan? I'd be hesitant to trade Fehr alone for Jannik Hansen, adding either Sheary or a 2nd is lunacy. Hansen's been in the league for 8 full seasons and just broke 20 goals for the first time - that's not a young player trending upwards, that's a known quantity exceeding his capacity.

Brutal idea for the Penguins.

You wouldn't trade fehr alone for hansen?? :shakehead hansen had 22 goals in 67 games. Fehr is a 4th liner who looked slow all season. Sheary isn't that good, he might not even be an NHLer, he has hot streaks, then hes plain awful for games. and a 2nd is not nesr enough for hansen. Cancucks pass easily. Not the pens. The pens take this and run.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
You're wrong.

Hagelin has been a consistent 30+ winger the last 3 seasons straight. Hansen hasn't been that at all. As a matter of fact, Hagelin has put up 30+ in all but 1 season in the NHL, last year when the Ducks dumped him off, he found his game again and finished with a total of 39pts wih the Ducks & Pens.

Hansen the last 3yrs: 20, 33, 38.
Hagelin the last 3yrs: 33, 35, 39.

Again, I think he's worth Sheary & Fehr most likely, but I think the 2nd is over kill.

Hansen's value comes from his play away from the puck, and he still can contribute points at a respectable pace in all situations. He is one of the best defensive wingers in the game when it comes to puck retrieval and checking, be it back or fore. He brings 100% effort every single game.

Overall I am not very interested in this trade. Hansen's return should be a 1st or a 2nd + B prospect so it's kind of on in that regard but I'm not interested in Sheary or Fehr.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
As a Canucks fan I'm in no rush to deal Hansen. This deal doesn't do it for me at all.

Whatever Hansen produces is just gravy IMO. He works his ass off every shift, is a key PKer, can play either wing on any line and is probably still the Canucks fastest and most effective skater. Not only does he have speed to burn, he goes to the right areas defensively and forechecks hard never taking a shift off.

If I'm the Canucks that's a player I want to keep and influence the young guys coming up.

You just can't truly appreciate Hansen unless he's on your team and you watch him regularly. And few here seem to see that given all the talk about production and little else. If Hansen puts up 5 goals a year and does everything else he does he's still got value... more so than other Canucks wingers like Dorsett. He's basically a younger, faster, cheaper Burrows... and Burrows 4 yrs ago, with his much younger legs and at $2.5mill a year no one wanted to trade because you could appreciate everything outside the score sheet you got with him.

Hansen's value - like a much younger Burrows - goes far beyond his stat sheets.

And even in a rebuild (which apparently the Canucks refuse to do) having a guy like Hansen around for the young players coming up is very valuable.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hansen's play away from the puck has always been exemplary. For years I would say "If Hansen could ever learn how to lift the puck in tight, he'd be a really dangerous player". It took him a while, and I'd given up to be honest. It seems like he's finally figured it out, and I expect similar totals next year.

So yeah, no thanks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pouliot will be sent to WBS,

Rutherford has said time and time again that Pouliot isn't going back to WBS. He's the Pens #7D, he's not going back down to the AHL.

Way too much for Hansen in the OP. Outside of this year, Hansen hasn't been any more productive in recent years than Fehr has been.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

For me, it's the combination of assets going the other way. If your OP were simply Sheary for Hansen, I'd likely feel differently. I'm just not sure Hansen's worth an extra roster player (Fehr) and a high draft pick (2nd round) on top of Sheary.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why does Vancouver accept this? Sheary is nothing, really. Fehr is a kinda overpaid 4th liner. So its basically a 2nd for hansen

I dont get the love fest with sheary. He sucks. Then he doesn't suck then he sucks again. Hes so inconsistent

I remember hansen absolutely torching us, hes a hagelin who can score.

22 goals in 67 games.

Another gem from you. Did the Pens not just win the cup with Sheary as the top line LWer? He put up 4 goals and 10 points in 23 games in the playoffs, which is decent production. The OP is way too much, Hansen and Fehr had basically identical production in the last 3 years (18 goals and 34 point pace for Hansen since 13-14, 16 goals and 32 point pace for Fehr) and that's including Fehr's bad season and Hansen's great season this year.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Another gem from you. Did the Pens not just win the cup with Sheary as the top line LWer? He put up 4 goals and 10 points in 23 games in the playoffs, which is decent production. The OP is way too much, Hansen and Fehr had basically identical production in the last 3 years (18 goals and 34 point pace for Hansen since 13-14, 16 goals and 32 point pace for Fehr) and that's including Fehr's bad season and Hansen's great season this year.

No, the OP is way to less. sheary is either really bad or really good. And fehr is an easily replaceable meh player. Thise two pieces are nothing of value, take you're homer glasses off. Its basically a 2nd for hansen, which is not close to enough.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Rutherford has said time and time again that Pouliot isn't going back to WBS. He's the Pens #7D, he's not going back down to the AHL.

If he intends to follow through with that, then I really have to wonder what JR's thinking. The press box isn't where gifted young players develop, and the odds of DP either pushing Schultz out of a spot or forming a pairing with him are slim to none.

Way too much for Hansen in the OP. Outside of this year, Hansen hasn't been any more productive in recent years than Fehr has been.

Except Hansen has proven to be more durable, better fits our team identity, and - most importantly - was considerably more productive than Fehr last year. You can't simply gloss over the difference between scoring 22 goals/37 points in 67 games and 8 goals/14 points in 55 games. What happened last year matters.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
For me, it's the combination of assets going the other way. If your OP were simply Sheary for Hansen, I'd likely feel differently. I'm just not sure Hansen's worth an extra roster player (Fehr) and a high draft pick (2nd round) on top of Sheary.

I mean, no kidding. What has Sheary done to have that kind of value relative to Hansen?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I get sheary did well last playoffs but he and Fehr have like... 0 value to any team but Pittsburgh. It would take more than a late second to sell a cost controlled top 6 option.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Sprong+Pouliot+1st for Hansen+Sbisa?

But really, if we are gunna make any trades it should be for a REAL top6 winger not Hansen.

What would Canuck fans want for Virtanen? Him and Pouliot have roughly the same value.

Vancity96

Apr 13, 2014
Sprong+Pouliot+1st for Hansen+Sbisa?

But really, if we are gunna make any trades it should be for a REAL top6 winger not Hansen.

What would Canuck fans want for Virtanen? Him and Pouliot have roughly the same value.

A guy that has made the NHL and ended the last half of the year strong has the same value as someone who has a huge chance of going back to the AHL again?

I'm far from a Virtanen fan, and am a huge fan of Pouliot. Their values are completely different.

A Pouliot for Shinkaruk trade would have been fair,but that isn'the happenening anymore.

Pouliot's value is around a early second, while I'd say Hansen is a late first.

Hansen for Pouliot+4th would be fair.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
A guy that has made the NHL and ended the last half of the year strong has the same value as someone who has a huge chance of going back to the AHL again?

I'm far from a Virtanen fan, and am a huge fan of Pouliot. Their values are completely different.

A Pouliot for Shinkaruk trade would have been fair,but that isn'the happenening anymore.

Pouliot's value is around a early second, while I'd say Hansen is a late first.

Hansen for Pouliot+4th would be fair.

Yea and Virtanen has done so much more than Pouliot to be more valuable.

If Griffin Reinhart can return pick 16+32, then I'm sure Pouliot can return something of that sort. And Shinkaruk returned Granlund who is not even close to being as valuable as Pouliot. Hansen won't return a Pouliot type player. Virtanen for Pouliot+3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad