Proposal: Hampus Lindholm to the Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
What’s Anaheim needs? I would view acquiring Lindholm similar to when the Blues traded for Bouwmeester.

There would have to be a contract going back to Anaheim unlike the Bouwmeester deal where it cost a 1st and 2 prospects.

Lindholm does seem like a finishing piece to solidify the Blues D. I’d have to think a trade comes with a contract extension as well. I’m not sure how much that affects the trade value.

What’s it take to get Lindholm to St. Louis??

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would guess

lindholm + extension
For
1st + neighbors/bolduc/kostin + another solid piece, and that also all depends on what kind of contract we are taking back

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Lindholm would cost more than most teams would be willing to pay because the Ducks probably aren't looking to deal him. If he gets dealt it will probably be at the deadline because they can't agree on a new contract. He's entering his prime years as a D and is young enough to factor into the rebuild so I don't see him getting moved unless he wants to leave.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lindholm would cost more than most teams would be willing to pay because the Ducks probably aren't looking to deal him. If he gets dealt it will probably be at the deadline because they can't agree on a new contract. He's entering his prime years as a D and is young enough to factor into the rebuild so I don't see him getting moved unless he wants to leave.

True, but he is a pending UFA. That means any team has to work out an extension for the Ducks to get the value you're demanding. If he isn't signing in Anaheim then it is reasonable to assume he is going to test the free agent market. If so, his value in a trade decreases a lot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
True, but he is a pending UFA. That means any team has to work out an extension for the Ducks to get the value you're demanding. If he isn't signing in Anaheim then it is reasonable to assume he is going to test the free agent market. If so, his value in a trade decreases a lot.
Still likely the biggest piece available at the deadline…. Likely him or hertl

I imagine even as a rental he brings back a pretty good amount

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I have thought from the beginning that the value of Lindholm is going to come down to whether or not he wants to test UFA. If he doesn't, he re-signs with the Ducks and there is no discussion to be had. If he does, he hits the market as a pure rental at the TDL which history tells us would hurt the value coming back but the Ducks would be foolish to not get anything for him. It is a bit of double edged sword.

I personally have been very vocal about wanting to acquire him at the TDL this year and would also be very interested in extending him.

With an agreed on extension beforehand I would do a 1st + Kostin. It would hurt, a lot because I love Kostin but we need a Lindholm more than a Kostin IMO. Without an extension the best I would offer would be a 1st + B prospect like Alexandrov.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
1st + Kostin + Mikkola/Walman (both young, bottom-4, NHL ready defensemen) for a Lindholm that Armstrong knows he will extend

The Blues like all of Neighbors, Kostin, Perunovich and Bolduc, so a 1st + one of them is the Blues paying a significant price. Neighbors seems most likely to remain a Blue because it's seemingly an instant fit in too many ways to think of dealing him.

I don't think the Blues are really lined up well to send salary back. Scandella would most likely stay for this run for the kind of playoff depth Armstrong wants to do runs with, and then be moved in the offseason. I recognize the Blues are up against the cap and would need to have cleared some space in advance to acquire Lindholm. We are waiting to see how the injury situation and Tarasenko situation each develop.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Now we're talking, a top pair LD is the Blues only lineup hole outside of upgrading backup goaltender.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Assuming Lindholm extends with the Blues, the Ducks will want wingers with serious firepower or a potential long-term replacement for the role Lindholm plays now (which I don't believe the Blues have). Neighbours and Kostin would be my targets.

If it's a pure rental, a 1st + B prospect would be more reasonable. Again, would prefer a winger in this case.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Lindholm is exactly what this teams needs. 1st, whatever prospect you want as the main prices to the deal. I’d overpay if I knew he would re-sign here.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Lindholm is exactly what this teams needs. 1st, whatever prospect you want as the main prices to the deal. I’d overpay if I knew he would re-sign here.

I think I'm in the same boat. With an extension in place I wouldn't care if it was a 1st + any prospect. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a 1st + any prospect + one of Mikkola/Walman. I don't know how to make the cap work unless Tarasenko was traded as well.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He's worth a 1st+

People need to look at what rentals fetch. They don't return core pieces, they don't return blue chip prospects (the vast majority of the time).

He a solid dman who'd quite easily get a couple teams offering a 1st round pick at the deadline. His value is around a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick or A/B grade prospect

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Lindholm is the ideal piece out there to finish this roster off. To make him fit it would have to be Scandella for cap reasons, a little retention, and then whatever the price is in terms of picks/prospects. Other option would require us to move Tarasenko in another deal, and then cap is no longer an issue. We'd have to move Tarasenko in the summer anyway to fit the extension in. We'd also need to make sure Lindholm is good with the 6.5 rate that Parayko/Krug/Faulk all have.

Whatever the cost ends up being, we have the pieces to make it work, it's the cap and how we decide to handle Tarasenko that are bigger questions IMO.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm is the ideal piece out there to finish this roster off. To make him fit it would have to be Scandella for cap reasons, a little retention, and then whatever the price is in terms of picks/prospects. Other option would require us to move Tarasenko in another deal, and then cap is no longer an issue. We'd have to move Tarasenko in the summer anyway to fit the extension in. We'd also need to make sure Lindholm is good with the 6.5 rate that Parayko/Krug/Faulk all have.

Whatever the cost ends up being, we have the pieces to make it work, it's the cap and how we decide to handle Tarasenko that are bigger questions IMO.
Most of us figure lindholm will sign between 6.5-7.5 for what it’s worth

I also tend to watch the blues a lot Schenn and Perron are 2 of my favorite players…. And I generally like the prospects the draft(kyrou/neighbors/Thomas etc)…. And lindholm would be a great pick up for the blues

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I imagine if lindholm doesn’t want to resign here, retention this year is no issue…. And the blues can figure out the resigning stuff in the off-season

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Most of us figure lindholm will sign between 6.5-7.5 for what it’s worth
Yeah, it's a number around what he should get, but with how UFA goes, he could easily get 7.5-8 on the open market. If he wants maximum contract, then we won't be best spot, but we'll be willing to overpay with term to get him at the lower end of fair cap hit.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, it's a number around what he should get, but with how UFA goes, he could easily get 7.5-8 on the open market. If he wants maximum contract, then we won't be best spot, but we'll be willing to overpay with term to get him at the lower end of fair cap hit.
He’s never struck me as a player that sees $$$, I think job security is prob more important… years/nmc and obviously a chance to play meaningful games

if he thinks Anaheim is heading in right direction I can see him resigning here, obviously blues are well on their way

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He’s never struck me as a player that sees $$$, I think job security is prob more important… years/nmc and obviously a chance to play meaningful games

if he thinks Anaheim is heading in right direction I can see him resigning here, obviously blues are well on their way
Yeah, the other piece in all this is the Pacific. I could easily see the Ducks being around a playoff spot and wanting to stay as they do have some solid young pieces on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad