Dreger: Halak available from Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
To the Pens once he plays 2 more games and we aren't on the hook for the bonus money. Can someone please confirm that is actually how that works?
If he plays 2 more games for Canucks, then they will just keep him The whole reason to trade him is not have him play 2 more games and get 1.5 mil bonus lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don’t see him going anywhere short of an overpayment at this point. 7+ back to backs is critical to the season and keeping Demko healthy/sharp. It will be a great return if it happens.
I think its due to cap concerns next year. They want to save 1.25 mil next year and maybe they can bring a backup from the farm like Arthur Silovs

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
dreger saying "i believe the canucks would trade halak" is not a trade rumour.

and there is absolutely no way halak is going anywhere until the team cools off.

other than that, great thread.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
dbl post
oc_jim_benning_goes_all_in_on_the_canucks_an

Last edited:
Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A trade to the Pens with Casey Desmith coming back isn't the worst basis for a trade. Just not sure what else they'd want.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
A trade to the Pens with Casey Desmith coming back isn't the worst basis for a trade. Just not sure what else they'd want.
Halak would help the pens but desmith has little value especially making the $$ he is. He simply played himself into that corner . With Rutherford being in Vancouver this is more likely. He knows the pens young players better than anyone. What player ? Well that would be up in the air

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
What if the Canucks take Koskinen too?
Halak for Koskinen + Holloway?
If he’s traded before he earns his bonus he’s worth maybe a 4th. If it’s after then maybe a 2nd. Asking for one of Edmonton’s top prospects is out of line

Reactions: Fatass

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think Halak is probably the best name out there for available goalies.

-He has a low cap hit
-only signed for the rest of he season
-having a fantastic season statistcally
-has a boat load of playoff experience
-Backups will be in high demand with how loaded the back half of the schedule is

Reactions: SpitfireG

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I think Halak is probably the best name out there for available goalies.

-He has a low cap hit
-only signed for the rest of he season
-having a fantastic season statistcally
-has a boat load of playoff experience
-Backups will be in high demand with how loaded the back half of the schedule is

his value hinges largely on whether the trade happens before or after he hits his games played bonus. I can’t see many contenders willingly writing off $1.25m in dead cap space for next season.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
What if the Canucks take Koskinen too?
Halak for Koskinen + Holloway?

Well taking Koskinen would be a requirement for any Oilers g trade but definitely not worth it for Oilers and not even close
Try maybe a Samurokov or a 2nd round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad