Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Kings

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
If we lose to the Kings tomorrow, we have serious problems.

You don't want to play against a team coming off a bad loss.... LA will be not easy. I didn't know there were easy games in the NHL?

I hate the Kings because of Bergevin. Screw that stupid franchise. I hope they get a good ass whooping tomorrow. 😡

I mean technically the screwed themselves

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
You don't want to play against a team coming off a bad loss.... LA will be not easy. I didn't know there were easy games in the NHL?

I mean technically the screwed themselves
Did I say easy? Team off back to back at the end of a long road trip.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hate the Kings because of Bergevin. Screw that stupid franchise. I hope they get a good ass whooping tomorrow. 😡
I’m guessing Bergevin was behind the deal that allowed Hughes to move up to the 21st pick this past summer — the type of move he made several times as Habs GM.

Thanks for Hage, Bergy. 💀

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
What does this mean? The only reason I ask, I moved to L.A in 1996. Always a big fan of Leclair. Picked him in my pools…. Never showed up. One day in Manhattan Beach I see him….. ( a flyer then ) and goes on a tear. Legion of doom……anyways, just wondering what makes you think of Lecair regarding Kings.
Back to back OT Winners in Games 3 & 4 then 2 helpers in the clincher

Then we traded him with Desjardins for Dr. Mark Recchi

Along with the Roy trade set us up for 3 decades of futility and small players

Reactions: Rapala

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Why aren't the Habs improving defensively? Is it the system? The players?
Barron can't play defensively
Xhejak is not a regular top 6-dman
Savard is slow and old
Matheson does figure skating most of the time
Hutson is extremely offensive minded and is new in the league
Guhle is good

I mean we don't need to go far why
This team is far far to be ready defensively

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Kings got their asses handed to them last 2 games. I smell shutout for them. 1-0.
It's about time they rebound, and what better team to do it against than Montreal? Historically, Montreal usually breaks teams' bad streaks, I don't see this changing with this lineup.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It's about time they rebound, and what better team to do it against than Montreal? Historically, Montreal usually breaks teams' bad streaks, I don't see this changing with this lineup.
They just did it against Ottawa after losing to Boston and the season is 4 games old lol....it is fine to be critical but at least take evidence and sample size into consideration.

Reactions: Runner77

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Sadly I agree. I'm worried the kings will rebound at our expense.

But

this is where we test if the trends are changing. The kings could be in for a long L streak. The Pens game was a mixed bag. The habs are due too by the same logic.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Organically I think we expected some improvement. I know Grillo is now on board but whatever system is being incorporated, it isn't working.

We are 4 games into the season and have played them in 6 nights with little to no practice time to implement adjustments. There will be improvement so everyone needs to chill and allow "organic" growth to actually occur.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Organically I think we expected some improvement. I know Grillo is now on board but whatever system is being incorporated, it isn't working.
I just figured he hasn’t been here long enough and implementing a new system can take a lot of time.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I just figured he hasn’t been here long enough and implementing a new system can take a lot of time.

And it's still a massively young team that didn't have a cohesive preseason together as a group.

We are gonna have games like Ottawa when everything is firing and games like Boston where nothing is firing.

What matters is what we see at the end of the year. Calgary is undefeated. The beginning of a season means very little.

Reactions: malcb33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad