Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why aren't the Habs improving defensively? Is it the system? The players?

I would say a few factors:
* Too much youth on D
* Savard is the only trusted vet (Matheson is just OK in terms of defensive play)
* Center depth after Suzuki seems to be an issue. Dach is off to a slow start and I'm not a huge fan of Evans/Dvorak. Don't hate them but not sure they provide the puck possession we are looking for

I think we were better last year with team D and we make a few more gains this year. Modest gains that will be hard to notice probably

Kings have completely sucked last 2 games. No goaltending and no D. It's going to be a good test for Montreal. If we can't beat this Kings team, we're finishing bottom 5 again.

Back/Back games for the Kings as well. I expect the Habs to score tonight.

Kings D without Doughty looks much worse but they do have Kopitar and Danault that shelter things a bit.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Campbell on the radio overseeing Habs practice says Heineman - Kapanen - Struble is unstoppable in 3 on 3 lol
Interesting

I'd prefer to have Evans with them 5 on 5 over Dvorak personally
As much as I dislike Dvorak, I think he's done well with the two kids so far. Would be curious to see how Evans plays in his spot though.

Then again, I think this is the last year we see Evans and Dvorak as Habs. Both are stop-gaps.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So is Kirby ok after his treatments yesterday? This so smells like a loss.

But there is always that teeny tiny hope that we'd be pleasantly surprised. Regardless...

I don't have a good feeling.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So is Kirby ok after his treatments yesterday? This so smells like a loss.

But there is always that teeny tiny hope that we'd be pleasantly surprised. Regardless...

I don't have a good feeling.
Gorton said Kirby should play today and that he was fine.

And this will be a lost, Kings let in 14 goals in their two last games. They will get chewed to not let in a single goal today...

Reactions: The Real Timo

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Gorton said Kirby should play today and that he was fine.

And this will be a lost, Kings let in 14 goals in their two last games. They will get chewed to not let in a single goal today...

I expect a loss because Montreal's D has been awful but if they fail to get offense going against a team who's goaltending has been dogshit, played last night, and used both their healthy goalies that game, then the coaching staff needs to look in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad