Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Kings

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why aren't the Habs improving defensively? Is it the system? The players?

I would say a few factors:
* Too much youth on D
* Savard is the only trusted vet (Matheson is just OK in terms of defensive play)
* Center depth after Suzuki seems to be an issue. Dach is off to a slow start and I'm not a huge fan of Evans/Dvorak. Don't hate them but not sure they provide the puck possession we are looking for

I think we were better last year with team D and we make a few more gains this year. Modest gains that will be hard to notice probably

Kings have completely sucked last 2 games. No goaltending and no D. It's going to be a good test for Montreal. If we can't beat this Kings team, we're finishing bottom 5 again.

Back/Back games for the Kings as well. I expect the Habs to score tonight.

Kings D without Doughty looks much worse but they do have Kopitar and Danault that shelter things a bit.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Campbell on the radio overseeing Habs practice says Heineman - Kapanen - Struble is unstoppable in 3 on 3 lol
Interesting

I'd prefer to have Evans with them 5 on 5 over Dvorak personally
As much as I dislike Dvorak, I think he's done well with the two kids so far. Would be curious to see how Evans plays in his spot though.

Then again, I think this is the last year we see Evans and Dvorak as Habs. Both are stop-gaps.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So is Kirby ok after his treatments yesterday? This so smells like a loss.

But there is always that teeny tiny hope that we'd be pleasantly surprised. Regardless...

I don't have a good feeling.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So is Kirby ok after his treatments yesterday? This so smells like a loss.

But there is always that teeny tiny hope that we'd be pleasantly surprised. Regardless...

I don't have a good feeling.
Gorton said Kirby should play today and that he was fine.

And this will be a lost, Kings let in 14 goals in their two last games. They will get chewed to not let in a single goal today...

Reactions: The Real Timo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad