Proposal: Habs taking your garbages

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You’ll find Arizona is MUCH more reasonable. We were happy to take a 2nd for Ladd, a 2nd for Gostisbehere, Kolyachonok for Stralman, etc. We can help you out with Kassian. Or even Barrie if you like.

Coyotes are after contracts with low salary. I would imagine that Gostisbehere's signing bonus of $2.25M was paid by the Flyers before he was traded? Not sure. For all we know, they try to move Gostisbehere at this deadline to avoid the next $2.25M signing bonus this summer.

I don't think they will be as "reasonable" as you might think if you are trying to off load salary.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Coyotes are after contracts with low salary. I would imagine that Gostisbehere's signing bonus of $2.25M was paid by the Flyers before he was traded? Not sure. For all we know, they try to move Gostisbehere at this deadline to avoid the next $2.25M signing bonus this summer.

I don't think they will be as "reasonable" as you might think if you are trying to off load salary.
They happily paid Kessel’s bonus. They didn’t need to take on nearly as much actual salary as they did. This ownership group was quite pleased to allow the previous management team to spend to the cap. Acquiring Kessel, re-signing OEL, renting Hall, etc. I’m really not worried about it. Failure to pay Glendale was about pettiness not penny pinching.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They happily paid Kessel’s bonus. They didn’t need to take on nearly as much actual salary as they did. This ownership group was quite pleased to allow the previous management team to spend to the cap. Acquiring Kessel, re-signing OEL, renting Hall, etc. I’m really not worried about it. Failure to pay Glendale was about pettiness not penny pinching.

I don't think they "happily" paid it. There is no other way to spin this. There is not much money coming in and the owner is trying to not spend any more than he has too. However, it is a business and they have to consider some financial costs to keep the franchise on the right track

Reactions: Canadienna

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don't think they "happily" paid it.
You’re believing what you want without actually paying much attention. I do pay close attention. I remember well the days of spending under this group. When very a stupid management team convinced them to go for it, they went for it. Mega deal for OEL, big fat extensions for Keller, Schmaltz, Dvorak and Chychrun. People were very critical of those pay for potential deals. They were seen as extravagant at the time. Then Kessel and Hall, etc. It didn’t work but that had nothing to do with budget. They had the same salary cap restrictions as anyone else. It fell apart because it was poorly executed by the hockey Ops side.

Cheap ownership groups don’t allow full scorched earth. It’s one of the main reasons the coyotes have been so bad so long. They’ve never been afforded the chance to properly rebuild. Owners get antsy about ticket sales and the team does the half-in, half-out dance that never works.

They hired an amateur scout to be their gm. They let him out together a front office comprised of a scouting and development dream team, then sell off every single player that kept the fans coming through the doors. They let go of the name brand, local legend coach, for the top amateur coach available. All with an eye for a prolonged rebuild, kicked off by an absolutely historically epic tank job. Just bottoming it completely out.

They allowed this management team to acquire an absolutely historic amount of futures capital in an insanely short amount of time at the expense of revenue. And they allowed them to take in a ton of dead weight to do it. That’s because they’re invested in the long-term and are willing to accept tremendous short-term pain for future gains. That has a serious cost associated with it.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Not nearly enough to take on 3 bad contracts and send 2 good one along the way for a late 1st and a B prospect
It won't stay a lottery pick with Allen in Net, Edmunson in their top4.

A B prospect and a mid 1st for 3 bad contract, it isn't worth it.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
You’ll find Arizona is MUCH more reasonable. We were happy to take a 2nd for Ladd, a 2nd for Gostisbehere, Kolyachonok for Stralman, etc. We can help you out with Kassian. Or even Barrie if you like.

I feel like someone just gave me the best surprise hug ever!

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
You’re believing what you want without actually paying much attention. I do pay close attention. I remember well the days of spending under this group. When very a stupid management team convinced them to go for it, they went for it. Mega deal for OEL, big fat extensions for Keller, Schmaltz, Dvorak and Chychrun. People were very critical of those pay for potential deals. They were seen as extravagant at the time. Then Kessel and Hall, etc. It didn’t work but that had nothing to do with budget. They had the same salary cap restrictions as anyone else. It fell apart because it was poorly executed by the hockey Ops side.

Cheap ownership groups don’t allow full scorched earth. It’s one of the main reasons the coyotes have been so bad so long. They’ve never been afforded the chance to properly rebuild. Owners get antsy about ticket sales and the team does the half-in, half-out dance that never works.

They hired an amateur scout to be their gm. They let him out together a front office comprised of a scouting and development dream team, then sell off every single player that kept the fans coming through the doors. They let go of the name brand, local legend coach, for the top amateur coach available. All with an eye for a prolonged rebuild, kicked off by an absolutely historically epic tank job. Just bottoming it completely out.

They allowed this management team to acquire an absolutely historic amount of futures capital in an insanely short amount of time at the expense of revenue. And they allowed them to take in a ton of dead weight to do it. That’s because they’re invested in the long-term and are willing to accept tremendous short-term pain for future gains. That has a serious cost associated with it.
I'm eager to see how the Arizona rebuild is gonna turn out, a lot of anti-tankers think that you guys are going to be a total failure, but the Coyotes never had a top 2 pick, I would like to see what they can do with a Wright, Savoie, Michkov or Bedard.

If this rebuild pans out for Arizona, we will see much more scorched earth rebuild in the future around the NHL. But working out might means 5+ years in your case.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm eager to see how the Arizona rebuild is gonna turn out, a lot of anti-tankers think that you guys are going to be a total failure, but the Coyotes never had a top 2 pick, I would like to see what they can do with a Wright, Savoie, Michkov or Bedard.

If this rebuild pans out for Arizona, we will see much more scorched earth rebuild in the future around the NHL. But working out might means 5+ years in your case.
But shouldn't you be doing your rebuild around players like Chychrun. He's only 23.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Picks + prospect to eat Kassian's contract.

Kassian + Ceci + Koskinen + 2nd round + prospect (10,95 mil)

For

Carey Price (10,5 mil)

Everybody knows Price's gonna be LTIR'ED 2-3 years from now.

The trade is doable cap wise and it gives Oilers a chance to win now, fixing their problems between the pipes.

But yeah, Price have to come back healthy and psychologically well for this trade to even materialize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad